+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Energy starvation in riftstalker

Soulwalker

Default Energy starvation in riftstalker

I know that rogue tank is currently not in the focus of the "Eye of Vladd".

However, I believe that some other rogue tanks also know the annoying short moment of not having enough energy left to interrupt if one is not careful.
    This is not a big problem, because threat is not a problem in Rift and one can just skip a few GCDs doing nothing in order to regain energy.
    The dps is so low that it does not matter, which is the second point where I would like to see some improvement.

If anything at all is changed in Riftstalker it is my fervent hope that it is a change to ports so that you do not change your position if you are within melee range of your target.

Soulwalker

Yes. you are absolutely right, forgot about this. This is even more annoying.

My favorite is 3rd boss archive of the flesh. Standing outside of the platform after using a port to the boss.

I started the tread in order to make Vladd aware that small changes in souls outside of his focus may help to make rogue more enjoyable.
    Rogue is my main character, which I am playing now for several years. While I think we are still doing OK the calling is becoming somewhat dull. But maybe it is only me after playing the calling for too long.

I've already brought both of these up with Vladd, so it's on his radar.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-19-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    If anything at all is changed in Riftstalker it is my fervent hope that it is a change to ports so that you do not change your position if you are within melee range of your target.
    I wonder if this bit is possible. The blinking seems to be based on the geometry of the mobs hit box. I remember back in HK running Bloodstalker and having to constantly readjust on some bosses because you would end up virtually inside the bosses graphic after engaging your blink (ps...thanks for trashing one of the more fun specs due to soul passives :-p Trion).

If I am remembering right we have what we have now because they changed the above to fix that issue and now the blink takes you to the outside edge of the hit box. There may be no perfect solution to the problem due to the blink mechanic.

So... Make Planar Rejuvenation grant 2 energy/sec and put in a Planar Reversal-style toggle that makes ports into melee range attacks that don't move you?

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    So... Make Planar Rejuvenation grant 2 energy/sec and put in a Planar Reversal-style toggle that makes ports into melee range attacks that don't move you?
    Those were two of the suggestions I gave him. Along with some thoughts about Power of the Planes and Wrath of the Planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Cat View Post
    I know that rogue tank is currently not in the focus of the "Eye of Vladd".

However, I believe that some other rogue tanks also know the annoying short moment of not having enough energy left to interrupt if one is not careful.
    This is not a big problem, because threat is not a problem in Rift and one can just skip a few GCDs doing nothing in order to regain energy.
    The dps is so low that it does not matter, which is the second point where I would like to see some improvement.
    The only time i've ever ran out of energy tanking anything in this game, and yes, i've tanked everything that needs a tank in this game, is when there was no living energy or anthem of fervor up for whatever reason.

Which makes it generally a non issue in any content outside of 5 mans where you don't have a chloro healer.

You'll have the LE/Fervor in a raid, and you probably aren't running RS in solo content.

It'd be a QoL change for a very small slice of Rift.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

As for the movement when you port on bosses with really big hit boxes...

Off the top of my head its only been a nuisance for a handfull of bosses.

-Typheria's dragon form in TDQ.. which you can work around by porting to one of the adds she spawns instead of her.

-The 2nd boss of Archive of Flesh

-Matriarch of Pestilence

-The murdantix-looking miniboss for Progenitor

... and I think that's it. I don't think it was ever an issue in classic content outside of perhaps P2 Maelforge.

So the question is whether it'll be easier to make future content with the proper parameters and tags so that RS-styled ports (pretty sure warrior/mage/cleric all have a port-to-mob in one soul or another) don't send them out 50 miles away... or coding an entirely new ability for RS alone and have it still be an issue for other classes.

My two cents is that a RS-only fix would be a band-aid. Their dungeon boss design folks ought to just be on the ball with the parameters for teleport-to-mob ranges.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 12-21-2013 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    It'd be a QoL change for a very small slice of Rift.
    You do realize that "outside of raids" actually describes the overwhelming majority of the game, right?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    You do realize that "outside of raids" actually describes the overwhelming majority of the game, right?
    You did read the post in its entirety, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    You did read the post in its entirety, yes?
    Yes, I did. You mentioned that it matters in 5-mans where you often won't have LE/Fervor.

Very few people raid, compared with how many run 5-mans. Thus, improving Riftstalker's QoL outside of raids is important. Assassin and Ranger energy starvation is an issue for the same reason.

Soulwalker

In fact I had 5-man content in mind if no energy cost reduce is available. Energy starvation for Ranger and Assa is then indeed a problem too and I would like to thank Muspel for bringing all these issues to Vladd's attention.

I'm fully aware that these are not a problems in raids. I have been talking about making Rift more enjoyable not asking for buffs or changing the mechanics. If you tank dungeons in pugs, than you really want to make things smooth. If you don't have the challenge of new experience like in raids than small issues become more and more annoying.

Was attempting a thinly veiled question regarding resource management... And apparently you folks don't care for it.

Why don't you just remove the resource bars all together and make the abilities free of cost? Its practically there already anyway.

Zomg I can't maintain max output rotations on my own indefinitely, fix plox. /rollseyes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast