+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue AoE Spec

Telaran

Default Rogue AoE Spec

Question...would something like this work for AoE fights?

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMAwtVet...V0V0Vb0hvVq0oe

Rain of Arrows is a channeled attack.
    It is boosted by Tactical Training (+15%), Sniper Training (+15%), Collateral Damage (+12%), Strategic Advantage (+10%), and the usual AP, weapon and damage boosts from talents.

Worth it?

Plane Walker

I tried it cuz I was curious, and it does slightly more than 61 ranger spamming rain of arrows and marksman spamming chain destruction. In other words, not worth it. As a point of reference, a tactman spamming only infernal torrent at 10 stacks of torrent overload can do better DPS.

Rain of Arrows is so weak to begin with that even if you focus an entire spec on buffing it, it's still going to be crappy.

If you're looking for a ranged aoe spec, why not use a 54 sab build?

Sab or Tact is the way to go for AoE damage!
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Sab or Tact is the way to go for AoE damage!
    I prefer Bladedancer because it is a more engaging spec to play and transitioning to decent single target DPS does not necessitate a role switch.

Neither sab nor Tactman can compete with the short-term AE burst of Bladedancer when the CDs are available, though sab is closer than Tactman.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    I prefer Bladedancer because it is a more engaging spec to play and transitioning to decent single target DPS does not necessitate a role switch.

Neither sab nor Tactman can compete with the short-term AE burst of Bladedancer when the CDs are available, though sab is closer than Tactman.
    I'd have to agree here. In raids, I mainly tank, but sometimes I have to OT or just go pure dps. In those scenarios, I strictly use BD for trash and mix it up between BD and NB/Sin for bosses (depending on the mechanics). Granted, We're only doing TDC and IDH at the moment, so it may be different in T2 or 20 mans.

Most MMO players seem to struggle with the "complexity" of BD, so I never recommend it off the bat.
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Touched

...and transitioning to decent single target DPS does not necessitate a role switch.
    I almost never need to role switch with SAB, unless I really need to do a surgical ST when there are other mobs around. And even then I can frequently kite the target away from the rest of the pack.

Or when I have a newb tank in a PUG and they can't differentiate my bombs from boss attacks. Which I don't count, but I will comply.

+ Reply to Thread