+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Build to Blow People Up

Soulwalker

Default Build to Blow People Up

Alright, so I'm pretty new to Rift, having played plenty of MMORPGs in the past, so I'm starting to tinker around with the skills and everything. I picked Rogue mainly because I love just jumping onto the people and just immediately blowing them up so I chose Rogue first to go into Assassin but after having a go at that, I kind of decided the Assassin wasn't the thing for me since a lot of your damage relies on being in back of the target and staying in stealth. After that I tried Riftwalker and that's where I am now. I can basically teleport onto people, deal a heavy amount of damage and use my skill DPS to pick the rest of their health away.

My question is this: for someone who doesn't really care if they die or not and just want to be able to go in, use a combo, and "delete" the high-threat enemy, what would be the best build path? Assassin? Riftwalker? Something else? I'm interested into hearing what everyone has to say but please offer a little detail and why that you think the way you do! Thank you!

1) roll assassin
    2) level to 60 and gear up
    3) throw keyboard downstairs
    4) look at screen, watch how your target dies
    5) go downstairs to pick up keyboard again

repeat 3-5 until you feel dirty, then take a shower and actually play a real class instead of something designed for drooling mongos to do well with
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 12-14-2013 at 04:46 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    1) roll assassin
    2) level to 60 and gear up
    3) throw keyboard downstairs
    4) look at screen, watch how your target dies
    5) go downstairs to pick up keyboard again

repeat 3-5 until you feel dirty, then take a shower and actually play a real class instead of something designed for drooling mongos to do well with
    Thank you for contributing to the topic, it's appreciated.

Ascendant

Imo bladedancer have the most potential to blow everybody in just few attacks, but most of his strong buffs have 2min cd.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Imo bladedancer have the most potential to blow everybody in just few attacks, but most of his strong buffs have 2min cd.
    That's uh... Quite a set of skills Bladedancer must have there...

MM and sin are the only 2 viable PvP rogue specs.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Yeah, I was looking at Bladedancer. I think I'm level 20 so I've had 26 skill points so far. Any suggestions on what skills to start taking?

@charliekelly

Honestly, I'm just looking to have a little fun. I don't really have the time to fully invest in an MMORPG which is one of the reasons why Rift (being one of the best received F2P one) originally caught my eye. I'm not really concerned about how viable an extreme DPS singletarget build would be in raids, dungeons, or PVP. Again, just looking for some fun. If I could duel someone that underestimated me and just kill them in a matter of seconds, it'd be worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by AkiraSieghart View Post
    Yeah, I was looking at Bladedancer. I think I'm level 20 so I've had 26 skill points so far. Any suggestions on what skills to start taking?

@charliekelly

Honestly, I'm just looking to have a little fun. I don't really have the time to fully invest in an MMORPG which is one of the reasons why Rift (being one of the best received F2P one) originally caught my eye. I'm not really concerned about how viable an extreme DPS singletarget build would be in raids, dungeons, or PVP. Again, just looking for some fun. If I could duel someone that underestimated me and just kill them in a matter of seconds, it'd be worth it for me.

If you're looking to blow people up. Nightblade can do that pretty well and with ease. You only need 2 macros and a few keybinds. But due to it not having survivability you will die pretty fast after you blow someone up.

54 Nightblade 22 Assassin. I see allot of "dual me" Rouges go with Nightblade. Since every two minutes you can bring down pretty much anyone.

But that's all Nightblade is really good for. IMO it's a spec that needs something like slip away. Also it needs to be built more single target abilities and a way to survive better.

I don't play it. I tried it out and won a few duals then dumped it.

My main roles I play are Marksman, Assassin and Tacta-Bard. In WF's it's Marksman if we have the heals. If not I'll go Tacta-Bard to support my team. I'll go Assassin for open world PvP since Marksman doesn't do it very well at all. Then I'll mix it up once in a while with Sab in WF's.

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    If you're looking to blow people up. Nightblade can do that pretty well and with ease. You only need 2 macros and a few keybinds. But due to it not having survivability you will die pretty fast after you blow someone up.

54 Nightblade 22 Assassin. I see allot of "dual me" Rouges go with Nightblade. Since every two minutes you can bring down pretty much anyone.

But that's all Nightblade is really good for. IMO it's a spec that needs something like slip away. Also it needs to be built more single target abilities and a way to survive better.

I don't play it. I tried it out and won a few duals then dumped it.

My main roles I play are Marksman, Assassin and Tacta-Bard. In WF's it's Marksman if we have the heals. If not I'll go Tacta-Bard to support my team. I'll go Assassin for open world PvP since Marksman doesn't do it very well at all. Then I'll mix it up once in a while with Sab in WF's.
    Not one thing you said is right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    44mm/32sin/0rs was what i ran for most things before they nerfed exposed weakness.

Everything you hate about both souls in pvp.

Sorta on the fragile side if you get caught, though.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, guys, it's appreciated. Like I originally said, I don't have enough time to really be competitive at the game. All I really do is the story quests or maybe an occasional dungeon with a group of friends. I have a role which I'm hybrid assassin-riftwalker-marksman that I use for any of that stuff so I'm not completely concerned about real survivability. Honestly, the use for this build would probably just be limited to duels with my friends.

For example, my one friend is a cleric (not sure what souls) and all he has to do to beat me is heal himself and use the damage-over-time skills he has and I won't be able to kill him. When I have five combo points and just unload everything I have, I can almost kill him but I can't put out the rest of the damage before he heals.

One of my other friends is a Stormcaller. He can just push me away from him and use his skills from a distance to burst me down. After I started building in riftwalker (so I have the teleport skills), I can sometimes beat him but we're pretty even.

Would any of the other souls like bladedancer or nightblade help against either of them?

Rogue melee is powerful, across all 3 souls and can blow people up.

Rogue AoE is meh outside of bladedancer and some sab burst.

Rogue ranged is good, but it won't blow people up as hard as melee can. But it can be threatening nonetheless.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

I actually just built a new role: 15 Nightblade - 11 Riftstalker - 0 Bladedancer

Use Hellfire Blades, go invisible, use Lost Hope and Ebon Terror (two combo points), use Fiery Strike three times to get three stacks on your target (three combo points), use Flame Thrust, use Shadow Assault (two combo points), use Twilight Force (one combo point), use Primal Strike twice (two combo points), and use Blazing Strike.

That's the best combo/burst I've got so far. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Tele tele tele......

if u want to blow people up maybe u should sab. oh wait did u mean figuratively speaking? lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast