Closed Thread
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Rogue Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Upcoming Rogue Changes

Apologies for the late response on this. I had promised it earlier this week but the plague slowed it down. As with the Warrior post, the format is things that Iím actively looking at and things that are on the radar to be addressed.

Currently contemplating:
    Ranger:
    • Removal of min range. Remember my standard disclaimer? It applies double for this. Look down at the bottom of the post if you don't recall.
    • Concussive Blast: No longer a finisher. No longer does damage. Remains an AoE interrupt on a 10s cooldown.
    • Pin Down: Changed to a GTAoE snare. Places down an AoE effect that lasts 20s. Cooldown remains at 30s. While in the AoE, enemies are snared. Snare effect ďlingersĒ for 3s after leaving AoE.
    • Twin Shot: Fixed the all or nothing crit roll.
    Marksman:
    • Removal of min range. Same as above.
    • Close Quarters Combat: Name change to Ranged Combat Mastery. Increases damage of all ranged attacks by 2%.
    • Eradicate: Cooldown increased to 10s from 5s.
    • Decoy: Decoy now takes significantly less damage from AoE abilities. Single target damage taken remains unchanged.
    Assassin:
    • Backstab: Positional requirement removed. Deals 25% less damage when not behind the target.
    • Advanced Flanking: Removes 10% per point of positional damage penalty for Backstab.
    • Savage Strike: Positional Bonus removed.
    • Final Blow: Positional Bonus removed.
    • Improved Savage Strike: Each point will now grant 5% crit and 5% damage.
    • Improved Final Blow: Each point will now grant 5% damage and 3% crit.
    ∑ Nightblade:
    • Flame Blitz: Now spreads the Fiery Spike stacks equal to the targetís stack count.
    • Ebon Blades: Now a 100% chance to apply debuff. Damage reduced by 75%.

Under the Eye of Vladd:
    • Saboteur: Making it more than a 1 button macro soul.
    • Bladedancer: QoL changes to the dances to make the soul more accessible to more players.
    • Poisons/Weapon Enchants: Reduction of the amount of reliance that rogue DPS has on these since it is subject to RNG and purges.
    Standard disclaimer:

Just because Iíve mentioned something here or anywhere on the forums doesnít mean that it is set in stone and will come to pass. Testing on PTS, issues found during implementation, or aliens gaining control of the planet can determine that changes need to be made or in some cases unmade. Also, just because I donít have a bullet point for every single soul doesnít mean that Iím not working on them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    [*]Concussive Blast: No longer a finisher. No longer does damage. Remains an AoE interrupt on a 10s cooldown.
    [*]Eradicate: Cooldown increased to 10s from 5s.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0

[*]Saboteur: Making it more than a 1 button macro soul.
    Looking forward to this.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-13-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Ascendant

So an AoE Interrupt now. A real one not just a confused hodgepodge of an ability too. Well now, looks like Ranger finally has some utility worth mentioning. Very nice.

Also, I'd still like Trick Shot and Improved Trick Shot to be examined at some point. Without a proper AoE finisher (Concussive Blast didn't count anyway, that's no loss) it doesn't get used; Rain of Arrows spam is way better damage (though still very low, which is fine AoE isn't the Ranger's thing). Perhaps some sort of interactivity between Trick Shot and Rain of Arrows if a brand new ability isn't on the cards?

Errr, also, Bladedancer dances on the cards? Just be very careful here all right? I (and many others I am sure) love Bladedancer precisely because of the concentration and forward planning required to do well with it. Nightblade has a similar role and is significantly less complex so as long as it's a decent alternative it shouldn't matter very much.

Apologies for the late response on this. I had promised it earlier this week but the plague slowed it down. As with the Warrior post, the format is things that Iím actively looking at and things that are on the radar to be addressed.

Currently contemplating:
    Ranger:
    • Concussive Blast: No longer a finisher. No longer does damage. Remains an AoE interrupt on a 10s cooldown.
    Marksman:
    • Eradicate: Cooldown increased to 10s from 5s.

Under the Eye of Vladd:
    • Bladedancer: QoL changes to the dances to make the soul more accessible to more players.
    Concussive Blast: Need to be off the global cooldown.

Eradicate: It would be wise to move it much lower in the root to make it fall in line with the other purges in the game.

Bladedancer: Need to be able to do something other than looking pretty when melee disconnect happens.

Rift Disciple

I really hope you don't ruin the bladedancer rhythmics. I like how each fight you have to figure out a new order.

Sin changes look legit tho
    Last edited by HeartLessDart; 12-13-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post

Bladedancer: Need to be able to do something other than looking pretty when melee disconnect happens.
    Meh, not really. Their burst aoe is pretty significant, such that they don't deserve solid disconnect potential.

Flame Blitz: Now spreads the Fiery Spike stacks equal to the target’s stack count.
    This looks dangerous to me. I actually think NB's AoE is fine where it is and shouldn't be touched, otherwise the balance of our builds will be tipped. If this change does as much as I think it implies, there wouldn't be much point in running BD anymore.
    Last edited by Fudily; 12-13-2013 at 05:01 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Meh, not really. Their burst aoe is pretty significant, such that they don't deserve solid disconnect potential.
    Just like RB AoE needed to be nerfed huh? Go back to your hole.

Rift Disciple

So far assassin lose 5% damage on backstab but gaining 10% more damage on savage strike and 9% more crit chance on final blow. Not sure, but it looks like minimal dps increase to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    The gap between "spamming fiery spike" and "solid disconnect potential" is pretty huge.
    BD can certainly be better at handling disconnects without turning it into something ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexil View Post
    So far assassin lose 5% damage on backstab.
    Where do you see this at?

Quote Originally Posted by Akizuki View Post
    The gap between "spamming fiery spike" and "solid disconnect potential" is pretty huge. BD can certainly be better at handling disconnects without turning it into something ridiculous.
    We've had a couple very long discussions about BD disconnects on these forums.. my only suggestion was to increase BD's attack range across all skills by a few meters, and leave it at that.
    Last edited by Fudily; 12-13-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Ranger:
    • Removal of min range. Remember my standard disclaimer? It applies double for this. Look down at the bottom of the post if you don't recall.
    • Pin Down: Changed to a GTAoE snare. Places down an AoE effect that lasts 20s. Cooldown remains at 30s. While in the AoE, enemies are snared. Snare effect ďlingersĒ for 3s after leaving AoE.
    • Twin Shot: Fixed the all or nothing crit roll.
    I'm looking forward to respeccing my ranger-based characters!

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post
    Where do you see this at?
    Backstab: Positional requirement removed. Deals 25% less damage when not behind the target.
    Advanced Flanking: Removes 10% per point of positional damage penalty for Backstab.

-25% + 20% = -5% ?

Backstab: Positional requirement removed. Deals 25% less damage when not behind the target.
    Advanced Flanking: Removes 10% per point of positional damage penalty for Backstab.

-25% + 20% = -5% ?
    When not behind the target. This change is suggesting a boost of 95% Backstab damage on fights like Volan, Regulos, etc.
    Last edited by Fudily; 12-13-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

RIFT Guide Writer

So far assassin lose 5% damage on backstab but gaining 10% more damage on savage strike and 9% more crit chance on final blow. Not sure, but it looks like minimal dps increase to me.
    The changes to ISS and IFB are there to counter the loss of dps from Savage Strike and Final Blow because they lose their positional bonus. Backstab only does 5% less damage from the front. So from behind assassin does the same dps as it does now and from the front it only suffers a <100 dps penalty instead of the ~1.2k penalty it has now.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast