Closed Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 760
Like Tree83Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming Rogue Changes

  1. #151
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    This thread is kind if sad. Oh how this game is falling.
    I, for one, am sort of relieved that you self-destructed any sense of credibility that you had when the talk of removing the minimum range for Ranger caused you to go into some off-kilter spiel about one button easymodes for everything. It's safe to assume that your current statements will have the same level of coherence.

    Just kidding about the having credibility part, though.
    !

  2. #152
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archcomponent View Post
    I, for one, am sort of relieved that you self-destructed any sense of credibility that you had when the talk of removing the minimum range for Ranger caused you to go into some off-kilter spiel about one button easymodes for everything. It's safe to assume that your current statements will have the same level of coherence.

    Just kidding about the having credibility part, though.
    Sidvader has been the resident forum troll for a while. Almost nothing he posts has any basis in reality. Also he gets outdpsed as a paragon/tempest by sins/MMs on fights like regulos and goloch, so that's his perspective.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 12-16-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  3. #153
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    BM has fierce strike and a finisher at 20 meters. You can get like 5k dps staying at range with the spec. The finisher has damage modified by bleeds which are mostly applied in melee range so hits like a wet noodle if you stay at 20 meters. MM actually has damage at range. This whole thread is so ridiculous so not sure where to begin. Even the statements regarding why rogues should get this vs other classes are incorrect.

    The change to assassin would make sense if slip away was removed and debilitating poison nerfed to not drain energy/mana. But that is if you want a balanced game.

    This thread is kind if sad. Oh how this game is falling.
    If you used those reading comprehension skills you would see that it was referring to the fact that it allows the PURGE tied to the builder that was at issue with the 20 meter range...it was not referring to the dps of the soul.

  4. #154
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Sure, 'cept I do more dps on my alt cleric's inquisitor in T1 gear than I do on my main rogue in MM with T2 gear.

    You can't make the "Well, its all the same if you're doing a 61 pt build" argument when they are not "the same"

    Not to mention that at 12 points, it would be a subsoul option to any cleric spec that wanted access to a purge... where as it would not be possible for rogues.

    Rogue tank with purge in pve? /gimme
    What I meant by it being the same for 61 point builds is as a subsoul option. If the purge was moved to 12 marksman, specing into marksman to pick up the purge would be the same as specing into inquis as a subsoul to pick up the purge as a cleric as the cooldown reduction is deep enough in the marksman tree to be out of reach of 61 pointers. I fully agree 61 MM cant compare to 61 Inq in damage.

  5. #155
    Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Their personal dps is fine, their offhealing is more than fine, their buffs and cool-downs are excellent, what else do you want them to do?
    Their dps is not fine. You can't hybrid bard. Like Harbchon, Pyrochon, who do buffs and support and twice the dps of bard. Mage hybrids have better cd's. Bard offhealing is not very good, you cap out around 7500 hps sustained in an ae fight, when there is an unlimited ceiling.. that's not good.

  6. #156
    Plane Walker Baalthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    402

    Default

    So sin is just a derp smash spec now. Wtf. mk.

  7. #157
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    Their dps is not fine. You can't hybrid bard. Like Harbchon, Pyrochon, who do buffs and support and twice the dps of bard. Mage hybrids have better cd's. Bard offhealing is not very good, you cap out around 7500 hps sustained in an ae fight, when there is an unlimited ceiling.. that's not good.
    The issue then is not in the bard soul but in the synergy between other souls. A fine distinction but an important one.

  8. #158
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    475

    Default

    IMO 61 Archon could be made more useful, overtaking 61 Bard in versatility, but leaving Pyrochon alone as the high DPS support spec, while buffing 61 Bard's DPS to be between 61 Archon and Pyrochon, so you have:

    DPS <- - - - - - - - -> Utility
    Pyrochon - Bard - Archon

    Archon and Tact should probably have useful 61 utility skills while Bard and BM get DPS boosts.

  9. #159
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyudo View Post
    What I meant by it being the same for 61 point builds is as a subsoul option. If the purge was moved to 12 marksman, specing into marksman to pick up the purge would be the same as specing into inquis as a subsoul to pick up the purge as a cleric as the cooldown reduction is deep enough in the marksman tree to be out of reach of 61 pointers. I fully agree 61 MM cant compare to 61 Inq in damage.
    Sorta, since inquis is part of the de facto cleric tank spec anyway (for the endurance/armor self buff) They just lose a relatively small bit of eHP to get a purge.

    Rogue tanks would need to give up far more eHP for nothing tanky to get that purge... but that's kind of a tangent, i guess.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  10. #160
    Plane Touched Sacria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    So, no actual damage increase? While our specs across the board are behind both warriors and clerics (and to a lesser extend mages.) that's disapointing.

  11. #161
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacria View Post
    So, no actual damage increase? While our specs across the board are behind both warriors and clerics (and to a lesser extend mages.) that's disapointing.

    I highly doubt that the dps changes are in effect. These changes change intimately how some/most of the souls are used, played and compare, thus, after these changes are thought about, dps changes will likely be added in varying amounts, though, aside from a few specific souls, I would rather see changes in energy management, rather then changes in dps specifically, for a few souls.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  12. #162
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Decoy is just unreliable for dps purposes so I would gladly see it getting reworked in to smth more stable.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  13. #163
    Plane Touched Sacria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    I highly doubt that the dps changes are in effect. These changes change intimately how some/most of the souls are used, played and compare, thus, after these changes are thought about, dps changes will likely be added in varying amounts, though, aside from a few specific souls, I would rather see changes in energy management, rather then changes in dps specifically, for a few souls.
    Idk, most specs have no problems as long as there is living energy or fervor in the raid, meaning its pretty much a non factor dps wise, but I agree energy starvation of certain specs is annoying to deal with in situations where you dont get it.

  14. #164
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post
    When not behind the target. This change is suggesting a boost of 95% Backstab damage on fights like Volan, Regulos, etc.
    Help me understand where you get a 95% increase? If it's doing the same dmg as it was before, and the only change is it will now hit from other positions for a LOSS of 5% dmg?

    Please explain more if you could. I'm missing something here. (I'm not trolling, I really am not seeing the math =/ )

  15. #165
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyloch View Post
    Help me understand where you get a 95% increase? If it's doing the same dmg as it was before, and the only change is it will now hit from other positions for a LOSS of 5% dmg?

    Please explain more if you could. I'm missing something here. (I'm not trolling, I really am not seeing the math =/ )
    The point he was trying to make was previously Backstab could not be used in front of the target at all. Now it can be but it does 95% of it's damage. It was just in reference to encounters where you could not get at the target's back.
    Last edited by Kedon; 12-17-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts