+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How's my rogue doing?

Default How's my rogue doing?

Hey all,

Rift if my first MMO and have been playing for a few months now. Great game! I normaly play first person shooters, but my teen daughter started playing Terra, so wanting to be a cool dad I tried it too. Didn't like the controls, so I found Rift and I'm hooked! Though it's my first MMO it's not my first RPG having been a D&Der from way back when we used dice... oops, showing my age there.

Anyway, I like stats & details & all that stuff you guys( and gals) talk about here. My rogue just hit 59 and I'm starting to get ready for raiding. I would like to know more about DPS output, how you guys measure it and what is parsing, ect...

Any help would be great, TIA.

P.S. I have 4 roles and would like to examine thier strengths as well, i.e. how is my tank doing?

Thanks
    Consistency is the key!

Supermeter or Rift meter addons are a great start (I use supermeter). Download them from Curse or RiftUI. It will show you your basic damage-per-second which is helpful for dummy parsing, but keep in mind it will include any AoE damage which will inflate your numbers (single target is usually the only thing that matters). There are a lot of factors that can influence what DPS you do in a fight while following mechanics as well, so take your results with a grain of salt.

For tanking there is not really a way to measure it, except that if you hold all of the aggro, share aggro with other tanks (in a raid), and you don't die, you are doing your primary job. From there you can improve on your DPS.

Thanks for the quick reply TheGrinnz,

I'll try Supermeter first, see what I get.

I just want to know where I stand in the raiding community, before I step in with the pros.

Thanks
    Consistency is the key!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeoth View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply TheGrinnz,

I'll try Supermeter first, see what I get.

I just want to know where I stand in the raiding community, before I step in with the pros.

Thanks
    The "raiding community" will not be shy at all about letting you know where you stand;)

If you haven't done so yet, try to find a guild that is at about the same level of play that you are and wants the same goals. That'll be your easiest and most fulfilling method of breaking into raiding.
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

Champion

Just to expand: The reason why there is no real agro meters in this game is because they aren't needed. If your tank is halfway competent they will not lose agro. I know a lot of tanks say stuff like "I need to time to get agro." Very rarely should tanks actually need time to get agro and it lowers the raid's chance of success if they insist all DPS throttle for the first 10-20 seconds.

It's a warning symbol to me that the tank is terrible and if it's a guild tank it might be a good idea to just leave the guild.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

Live
    Level 70 Mage Trollhydra (Main)
    Level 60 Rogue Siehydra (Used to be main D=)

+ Reply to Thread