+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Macro's

Default Rogue Macro's

I know how to setup macros but how do you set them up for a melee class specifically for a rogue? It seems totally different for healers so my question is: May someone please explain how I should setup a macro for my assassin rogue? A example would be very much appreciated
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Only 2 macros you can use for sin.

#show Backstab
    Cast Backstab
    Cast Savage strike

#show Thread of death
    Cast Thread of Death
    Cast Jagged strike
    Cast poison malice -optional

Rest are dots with no cd that need to be managed or serp strike that can stick you with that 20 cd if you try to macro it in.

Those macros i typed in on my phone so not promising they work.

Soulwalker

Anything you can think of that will save space on the hotbar. Backups or complimentory skills with long cooldowns as secondary item.

Can macro enduring brew with use potion.
    Slip away with paralyzing strike
    On the double with blinding powder

Put paralyzing strike on same number key in stealth bar as backstage macro will be when out of stealth.

RIFT Guide Writer

Macros are just tools, the more important thing is to know what you actually want to do. After that macros are usually quite simple to make. The usual macros for assassin are the backstab+savage strike and tod+jagged strike combos but there is more than one way to do your UI if that is not to your liking. If you are looking for things like rotations defined by macro uses then that's not really how rogue specs work.

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    snip

Just wanted to point out that you would use this for max/min to get the most out of the spec. Which you should want to do that but if you find it to hard to manage a lot of keybinds then there are definitely other ways you can manage the dots and include them in macros but at a loss of DPS.

For instance, you can macro puncture with a finisher like final blow or impale. When puncture falls off, you would hit your finisher button 2x after 5 combo points.

#show impale
    cast impale
    cast puncture

You can always macro serpent strike in your spam macro but like many of the guide writers state, you lose the ability to time when and where to use these abilities.

If your goal is to get into an end game guild, learn the min/max way of doing rotations and macros.
    If you just want to Dungeon run/Pug/open world bosses, make it easier on yourself and macro more of the abilities together.

So if your going to make a macro, just remember:

#show (ability name)
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast (any ability with a cooldown in whatever order)
    cast (one ability that does not have a cooldown)
    cast (off global cooldown abilities)

generally like that.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Having impale and puncture together is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    For instance, you can macro puncture with a finisher like final blow or impale. When puncture falls off, you would hit your finisher button 2x after 5 combo points.

#show impale
    cast impale
    cast puncture

No you cant. Impale and puncture should go 2 different keybinds. and lol to macro every s**t together. if you cant handle keybinds play mm or sab XD

Quote Originally Posted by HeartLessDart View Post
    Having impale and puncture together is awful.
    I agree with you and i feel my post discouraged from having everything macro'd if your goal was end game raiding but what does it matter for normal mobs, say non elites.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    No you cant. Impale and puncture should go 2 different keybinds. and lol to macro every s**t together. if you cant handle keybinds play mm or sab XD
    and what prevents you from having them macro'd together?
    Last edited by Luteuel; 12-12-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"

The fact that you'll often need to refresh Puncture when you aren't at 5 combo points and Impale doesn't need refreshing.

I agree with you and i feel my post discouraged from having everything macro'd if your goal was end game raiding but what does it matter for normal mobs, say non elites.

For normal mobs it prob dont matter tbh. What i learned a long time ago though was, when learning a new spec learn to play it right. Treat everything as a raid boss. Its much easier to learn a spec once the right way than it is to relearn it after you have gotten used to a dumbed down version of it.

For that I would actually just macro together Impale with "/yell I'm casual, **** Puncture!".

But seriously, you're doing yourself no favors by putting together overloaded and ill-conceived macros. It would really be better to not use Puncture at first, and then start working it in as you get more comfortable with the rotation.
    Last edited by bitnine; 12-12-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    The fact that you'll often need to refresh Puncture when you aren't at 5 combo points and Impale doesn't need refreshing.
    Which i clearly stated in my post that if you do macro you lose the ability to time when and where to use an ability

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    For normal mobs it prob dont matter tbh. What i learned a long time ago though was, when learning a new spec learn to play it right. Treat everything as a raid boss. Its much easier to learn a spec once the right way than it is to relearn it after you have gotten used to a dumbed down version of it.
    exactly my point...for normal mobs it doesn't matter and yes I agree that if your goal is for *End game* then yes you should learn the min/max way, but the OP never stated what his/her intentions were and therefore if they wanted to just be out in the world with their assassin build, why does it matter if you have things keybound or not. If you want to be in raiding then learn to do it right by having what needs to be keybound by themselves and what can be macro'd.

but here is the cavaet; your mindset is for raiding, so your right way is what is in a guide on what to push and where to put the buttons and how to do it. For a casual mindset, it can be ease of use.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    For that I would actually just macro together Impale with "/yell I'm casual, **** Puncture!".

But seriously, you're doing yourself no favors by putting together overloaded and ill-conceived macros. It would really be better to not use Puncture at first, and then start working it in as you get more comfortable with the rotation.
    good idea on the yell input but you all are still assuming this person wants to raid. The fact that he wants to know how other people put together their macros lets me know they do not read the guides, which generally have macros in them. That screams casual in my mind (which is an assumption, so I could be sorely wrong).

Did anyone read my post to the end...I clearly write in my post that if their intention is to raid they should learn min/max, etc...
    Last edited by Luteuel; 12-12-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"

good idea on the yell input but you all are still assuming this person wants to raid. The fact that he wants to know how other people put together their macros lets me know they do not read the guides, which generally have macros in them. That screams casual in my mind (which is an assumption, so I could be sorely wrong).

Did anyone read my post to the end...I clearly write in my post that if their intention is to raid they should learn min/max, etc...
    What they are getting at is, if you don't want to min/max, just don't use puncture at all, instead of learning the wrong way to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    What they are getting at is, if you don't want to min/max, just don't use puncture at all, instead of learning the wrong way to use it.
    Thank you for trying to clarify but I totally understand their viewpoint. It is they that are not seeing it from my viewpoint...they are coming from a raiding mindset of where to put abilities and how to use them. Is there a rogue manual instruction that says, "thou shall not macro puncture with any other ability".

no, no there is not.

I am not advocating that we macro everything together, that a few have assumed, if you are raiding. I am saying if you are looking for ease of use then its an option....Trion does not prevent you from doing that...Even if it would be a DPS loss...Even if you lose the ability to time your abilities efficiently.

Does that create a bad rogue, from a raiding perspective, then probably so, does it create a bad rogue from a casual stance...maybe not, maybe they view it as "work smarter not harder" and in that sense it would be for ease of use.
    Last edited by Luteuel; 12-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"

Plane Walker

Because only raiders care about playing their class well? Please.

You don't need to use the skill at all if you are out killing world mobs. So use it if you care to, don't if you don't. But there's absolutely no reason to go through the effort of setting up a terrible macro like this.
    !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast