+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For Squirrel

Default For Squirrel

http://i.imgur.com/K4C8VCx.jpg

There's the build. Use touch of darkness and blade tempo after the dark malady opener, straight into living flame, dusk to dawn, spam anything after that. Fell blades and ebon blades for buffs, watch people fall over.

Bit off more than you can chew? TT and sprint / port out.

Want to kill 5 people at once? Lost hope before you open, dark containment on another out of AoE range. Finish them next. You have two full cleanses, use them wisely.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

xxs
    Plane Touched

melted skin is useless if you dont have a fire-based weapon enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    melted skin is useless if you dont have a fire-based weapon enchant.
    Good point - I was using Hellfire Blades but opted for Fell Blades after tossing this trial setup together, it's a bit squishier than my 61NB 8 Sin 7 RS build.

This is for cruising through CQ and blowing people up with maximum possible speed - I don't mind the CD reliance for those scenarios. Works well enough in warfronts also.

This is all wrong. Just so everyone is aware, this is a terrible spec.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    This is all wrong. Just so everyone is aware, this is a terrible spec.
    because nb sucks or because this is actually a bad spec. such a mystery....

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Who can tell anymore given how bad I am and NB in general is. Let me just say I don't use this spec, or anything close to this spec. There are major limitations with this spec for what amounts to basically no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    61 NB has good burst every minute or so, this one, has good burst every 2 minutes, along with horrible sustained, and worse ranged sustained, all in exchange for blowing someone up slightly faster then would normally be possible.

It's just an improvement to something NB really doesn't have any need to improve upon, and total digression on everything a NB currently needs to mitigate.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    61 NB has good burst every minute or so, this one, has good burst every 2 minutes, along with horrible sustained, and worse ranged sustained, all in exchange for blowing someone up slightly faster then would normally be possible.

It's just an improvement to something NB really doesn't have any need to improve upon, and total digression on everything a NB currently needs to mitigate.
    actually NB can burst decently every 30 sec normally, and the burst you get every 2 min is not really even better. your LF and TOD do more damage, but you lose on 3x blazings, as well as added damage on scourge, its basically a wash.

theres a lot of stuff you lose i wont go into, but yeah, this isnt worth it.

actually NB can burst decently every 30 sec normally, and the burst you get every 2 min is not really even better. your LF and TOD do more damage, but you lose on 3x blazings, as well as added damage on scourge, its basically a wash.

theres a lot of stuff you lose i wont go into, but yeah, this isnt worth it.
    I failed to word that post well. I meant the above build bursts slightly better every 2 minutes, then 61 NB bursts every minute, with less burst in between, horrifically worse sustained damage and other stuff.

I'm not a fan of NB's 61 pt ability. The finishers seem rather lack luster without retention stacks. With rage and retention stacks up, on sub 30% targets, the 5k crit is impressive, otherwise I rarely see crits above 3k for the finisher, and can usually get more burst out of higher dusk strike throttling. Though DD is def nice for disconnects.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

I failed to word that post well. I meant the above build bursts slightly better every 2 minutes, then 61 NB bursts every minute, with less burst in between, horrifically worse sustained damage and other stuff.

I'm not a fan of NB's 61 pt ability. The finishers seem rather lack luster without retention stacks. With rage and retention stacks up, on sub 30% targets, the 5k crit is impressive, otherwise I rarely see crits above 3k for the finisher, and can usually get more burst out of higher dusk strike throttling. Though DD is def nice for disconnects.
    Yeah, theres a trick to the 61 point ability, and also the burst of this build every 2 min, is not actually higher than the burst of my build every 1 min.

Yeah, theres a trick to the 61 point ability, and also the burst of this build every 2 min, is not actually higher than the burst of my build every 1 min.
    I'll take your word for it on this one based on the fact that I've never actually tried this amount of a trollish off-spec NB/BD. Seems like BT+burst would be slightly higher then yours, but only be up once every 2m

I'll take your word for it on this one based on the fact that I've never actually tried this amount of a trollish off-spec NB/BD. Seems like BT+burst would be slightly higher then yours, but only be up once every 2m
    its less and every 2 min

I have 10 specs for my rogue, this bursts harder than 61 NB 8 sin 7 x. It's for CQ baiting and trolling, and the blade tempo CD is available just about every time you wander into another pocket of action.

The finishers aren't the focus of this spec, and don't need to be. If you're role limited, this probably isn't for you - hence the title.

can someone delete this thread thank you
    Last edited by Trufrost; 12-13-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance

This is a very bad NB pvp build, you will have little survivability outside your cool down, and the burst won't be any better, plus you're giving up ranged dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread