+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: QoL request: Remove Close Quarters Combat

Default QoL request: Remove Close Quarters Combat

Pure Rangers can't have Close Quarters Combat. Marksmen have to spend a specific point to get it. Why do rogues have a minimum range distance in the first place - I don't think any other ranged class has it?

It feels especially awkward when you're below level 16 and can't get it even if you do spend all your points in Marksman.

As a QoL thing, I'd like to remove Close Quarters Combat and let rogues have it all the time.

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

It will dawn on the devs eventually to remove this restriction from Rangers abilities.

Sab: Range that works at 1 meter
    Nightblade: Ranger that works at 1 meter
    Tactician: Range that works at 1 meter
    MM: Range that will work at 1 meter
    Bard: Range that works at 1 meter
    Riftstalker: Range that works at 1 meter

All casters: Range that works at 1 meter

The charges have the < 3m range restriction but...then you get to the Ranger. It's like the one Range soul in the whole game that gets fully penalized for being in melee range. It's archaic and it is just a matter of time until they replace closed quarters combat with a different talent and simply make ranged abilities work 0 - X range. Been hoping for it for too long though .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Beringer View Post
    Pure Rangers can't have Close Quarters Combat. Marksmen have to spend a specific point to get it. Why do rogues have a minimum range distance in the first place - I don't think any other ranged class has it?

It feels especially awkward when you're below level 16 and can't get it even if you do spend all your points in Marksman.

As a QoL thing, I'd like to remove Close Quarters Combat and let rogues have it all the time.
    A better option is to add a range restriction to all ranged abilities. That includes tempest, pyro, and etc.

How about for once. Like in a blue moon... You guys ask for something that might make the game more challenging. It is not like melee can hit at range.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    A better option is to add a range restriction to all ranged abilities. That includes tempest, pyro, and etc.

How about for once. Like in a blue moon... You guys ask for something that might make the game more challenging. It is not like melee can hit at range.
    Yea no melee has ranged abilities.... baddie mic baddie

It doesn't make it more challenging. It makes it more annoying.

It's also unnecessarily confusing for new players. It's a dated mechanic that is not needed anymore.

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

Yea, especially harbies and paragons are stuck at 3m range at all times.

Go back to the warrior forums and stay there if you can't keep PvP out of every single thread, please?
    Last edited by Rounded; 12-06-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Rangers have a pet, MM doesn't?

Rift Disciple

Agreed. This should go.

I have no idea what game thought of this stupid idea, but it was flawed from the very beginning.

Stand 1m away from someone with a bow or rifle and let them shoot you.

Ascendant

I agree. However it wont be enough anyway. The problem is that pets are unreliable, decent in small fights but close to useless in big fights.

Imo pets need some aura detection which increase their survivality based on how many enemies is near them.

Atm pet's dmg / utility is non existing in big pvp like CQ or populated WF's matches, and this is a huge weakness of Ranger.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fariic View Post
    You say this as if it's a benefit and not a constant annoyance
    Rawl the Rogue
    Proud Member of MUTINY on Greybriar. 9/9 - T1, 4/4GA, 2/3IG, 2/5PBB

Quote Originally Posted by Fariic View Post
    Mages have pets too. There is no such thing as a Close Quarters Combat or a minimum range for Mages.

So you can easily see that pet or no pet has absolutely nothing to do with it.

Plane Touched

ranger is also the only spec with an interrupt that can't be used at melee range, which effectively makes it useless for interrupt duty.

and isn't the whole point of taking interrupts off of gcd to make it so that interrupt duty doesn't screw up your rotation? considering that ranger's rotation involves jamming as many combo points as possible into twin shots over 15s, taking concussive blast off of gcd but making it eat your combo points seems like some kind of weird parody of the whole concept.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    I agree. However it wont be enough anyway. The problem is that pets are unreliable, decent in small fights but close to useless in big fights.

Imo pets need some aura detection which increase their survivality based on how many enemies is near them.

Atm pet's dmg / utility is non existing in big pvp like CQ or populated WF's matches, and this is a huge weakness of Ranger.
    Ranger is one of the top pvp builds, if played right, and part of the reason is it's pet (for various reasons).

I have no problem with a range restriction, it adds an element of difficulty to the class that compensates for other, maybe slightly op elements.

People always want things to be made so easy for them. Personal skill and accountability are characteristics of gamers past, apparently.
    Last edited by Emanresu; 12-09-2013 at 01:25 PM.
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    Ranger is one of the top pvp builds, if played right, and part of the reason is it's pet (for various reasons).

I have no problem with a range restriction, it adds an element of difficulty to the class that compensates for other, maybe slightly op elements.

People always want things to be made so easy for them. Personal skill and accountability are characteristics of gamers past, apparently.

A perfectly valid and common reason to move is if you want them to stop hitting you. Not because your abilities suddenly stop working.

Ascendant

It isn't a matter of ease, but a matter of consistency.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast