+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Good Riftstalker pvp spec for lvl 39-40

Soulwalker

Default Good Riftstalker pvp spec for lvl 39-40

Riftstalker is my favorite thing to happen to mmos ever, and my friends and I are currently interested in doing pvp, I love the mobility and damage mitigation that Riftstalker gives me, but i'm only using the preset at the moment, which I can only imagine how terrible is for pvp.

What is a good suggestion for a build I can use that has the majority of points in Riftstalker, is good for pvp, and is attainable with 52 soul points?

Riftstalker and PvP do not go together. Its damage is atrocious, and it doesn't bring enough utility to make up for that.

If you attempt to use Riftstalker in PvP, the result will be that people ignore you as you flail away at them for minimal damage.

If what you love about riftstalker is the blinks, then you can try a sin/RS or NB/RS hybrid. 24 points into riftstalker is usually what people do to get 4 blinks and Stalker Phase
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

I love the mobility, especially memory capture and flashback. I like the insane aoe capabilities, especially Planar Vortex for for keeping people off of flags and statues.

The damage isn't really an issue, in isolated 1v1s, my survivability makes up for it, and by focusing on the objective, there are enough other people around to help deal damage. My place in battle is being the first to the fight, crippling the enemy's damage potential, being a big annoyance, and outmaneuvering my adversaries, while being easy to keep alive.

There are also the 2 debuffs that sap the enemies damage potential in an aoe around you, providing a good boon for teamfights.

Quote Originally Posted by Cearin View Post
    I love the mobility, especially memory capture and flashback. I like the insane aoe capabilities, especially Planar Vortex for for keeping people off of flags and statues.

The damage isn't really an issue, in isolated 1v1s, my survivability makes up for it, and by focusing on the objective, there are enough other people around to help deal damage. My place in battle is being the first to the fight, crippling the enemy's damage potential, being a big annoyance, and outmaneuvering my adversaries, while being easy to keep alive.

There are also the 2 debuffs that sap the enemies damage potential in an aoe around you, providing a good boon for teamfights.
    RS will provide you with none of the above, and any high or deep RS hybrids, will be torn apart in quick and short order by any number of proper specs.

It's nice that you enjoy it, simply don't have any illusions about what you're getting into.

I'ld suggest, if you want melee, a 40-44/32-36 NB/RS, to start you off. Obviously the progression is somewhat off, I'ld recommend 40 NB first, then fill in the RS, but you may, with your post, want to do that bass ackwards, and do 32-36 RS, then fill in NB.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Soulwalker

Alright, im going to try out the hybrid between nightblade and riftstalker, what should I look for when im spending my soul points, I know I shouldn't go for physical damage reduction, but between more damage, new abilities, and reduced damage taken/more health, what should I go for?

Quote Originally Posted by Cearin View Post
    Alright, im going to try out the hybrid between nightblade and riftstalker, what should I look for when im spending my soul points, I know I shouldn't go for physical damage reduction, but between more damage, new abilities, and reduced damage taken/more health, what should I go for?
    There's a good spec in here in the guides for it. Grandpa said knock 'em out? Or something similar. I'ld suggest you take a look.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

If all you want to do is be annoying and do objectives, rs is good.

Go some bard to provide a couple buffs

Go mm/bard/rs for stone running

Go tact/rs to be annoying in BG or domination matches with vortex and core

Just don't expect do do any damage.

+ Reply to Thread