+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a perma stealth ranged build for pvp

Soulwalker

Default Looking for a perma stealth ranged build for pvp

Hi guys. So I was wondering if there are any workable ranged builds out there that can go far enough up the sin tree for the perma stealth utility. I do like that aspect of sins but I much prefer sniping from a range while placing myself in different shooting positions from stealth. Thanks again for all of your help.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Talmac View Post
    Hi guys. So I was wondering if there are any workable ranged builds out there that can go far enough up the sin tree for the perma stealth utility. I do like that aspect of sins but I much prefer sniping from a range while placing myself in different shooting positions from stealth. Thanks again for all of your help.
    no that would 100% terrible.

You don't need stealth in rogues range classes that would be so bad in pvp.

61 MM has such huge mobility, why would you ever want to go in stealth? There's no mechanic like in World of Warcraft where a Night Elf hunter could stand in stealth then 1 shot people with their burst back in the day.

In rift it's all about moving constantly with range classes.

you may as well play 61 sin with 0mm sub soul and shoot people from ranged with very low damage.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-02-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Gonna have to agree with DriftinARift. Personally I use 61MM/10SIN/5NB for my rangy range stuff. and 61SIN/15NB/0MM for my sneaky pete stuff. Tho the 0MM does give me the ability to shoot from afar. But usually that happens when I zig and my opponent zags and I end up outta melee range. That or if they actually get far enough away in panic or start kiting me....then I gotta pop a cap in their as$.
    Last edited by FloridaOkie; 12-02-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Soulwalker

I actually played with this idea a bit. I made an assassin/marksman hybrid that was surprisingly fun to play even though a bit lacking on the DPS side. I came up with the idea mostly for mobility and harassment/point defense/utility. Here's the build I used:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#y...AkGkBi5l2Yw/tf

This gives you some good panic buttons, controls, and a stun. It also has a variety of weapon buffs. It's very mobile and slippery, but like I said the DPS is a bit lacking compared to a full MM build. One of my favorite things to do is sneak up behind a group of healers/casters on a ridge and use Repelling Shot to knock 'em all off.

Don't expect to win a 1v1 or get too many kills with this build. It's mostly for lols.

61 Assassin is what you're looking for OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread