+ Reply to Thread

Thread: {New} Picking Second Roll

Soulwalker

Default {New} Picking Second Roll

Hi everyone, im still a bit new to rift and still trying to figure out all the things around here but ive been interested in picking different roles. I found out that its possible a few roles just for one character/toon, been all over google trying to find information about it and im interested in training for a Bard as one of my soul in my second role but I having trouble trying to find any trainers. Online it says you need to take a quest from anyone of the trainers that you want to learn the new soul from but I cant find any. Any help is helpful, thank you all.

Im part of the Guardian alliance if that makes any difference. Thanks again

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by FantomasOne View Post
    Hi everyone, im still a bit new to rift and still trying to figure out all the things around here but ive been interested in picking different roles. I found out that its possible a few roles just for one character/toon, been all over google trying to find information about it and im interested in training for a Bard as one of my soul in my second role but I having trouble trying to find any trainers. Online it says you need to take a quest from anyone of the trainers that you want to learn the new soul from but I cant find any. Any help is helpful, thank you all.

Im part of the Guardian alliance if that makes any difference. Thanks again
    You don't need to do the soul quests anymore. You already have all the souls except for tactician which you need to buy separately. Trainers are in cities and some quest hubs, sanctum is a good place to find one. You only need the trainer to buy more role slots and to respec a role you have already trained.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    You don't need to do the soul quests anymore. You already have all the souls except for tactician which you need to buy separately. Trainers are in cities and some quest hubs, sanctum is a good place to find one. You only need the trainer to buy more role slots and to respec a role you have already trained.
    I have already purchesed the new role but when i come up to the Mage/Rogue/Priest in Sanctum, i cant click on any of them to train from them. Or is there another way i can train for a new soul tree.

Shadowlander

If you've already purchased a second role then you'll just need to switch to it and then pick your souls. This can be done at any time you're out of combat by a few different methods. The one I find easiest is to press "P", click on the Roles tab then click on your second role. If it's the first time you're viewing that role, then when you press "N", it will show you the pre-made souls. Just cancel out of that window and you'll be able to pick your three souls.

Edit: It should also be noted, that you can freely switch any souls around in your current role at any time (out of combat) without having to spend gold or plat IF you have 0 points in it.
    Last edited by Demonic240; 12-02-2013 at 03:38 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I have already purchesed the new role but when i come up to the Mage/Rogue/Priest in Sanctum, i cant click on any of them to train from them. Or is there another way i can train for a new soul tree.
    You can switch between roles freely. So just activate the second role, select which souls you want in it and put the points where you want them. You don't need a trainer for that, you only need a trainer if you want to reset the role to 0/0/0.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    You can switch between roles freely. So just activate the second role, select which souls you want in it and put the points where you want them. You don't need a trainer for that, you only need a trainer if you want to reset the role to 0/0/0.
    Thats the thing, when i switch to my second role its all blank and when i click on the empty soul tree slots it only lets me pick out the Warrior class souls (my first role is a warrior). Sorry if im making this complicated.

Thats the thing, when i switch to my second role its all blank and when i click on the empty soul tree slots it only lets me pick out the Warrior class souls (my first role is a warrior). Sorry if im making this complicated.
    Oki time for definitions (this confused me a lot too at first)

Class: Warrior, Rogue, Cleric, Mage
    Soul: (example) Warrior souls: Paragon, Riftblade, Warlord, etc
    Role: A player or template set of ANY combination of 3 SOULS within a particular CLASS

Thus you have one role right now. You bought another role. Your roles as the class Warrior can only contain souls from the class warrior, not mage, cleric or rogue.

I hope that helps.

Keep in mind "Role" Names are either template or player made. A great example for a mage role is Pyrochon. Its actually a combination of Pyromancer points and Archon points to create that role and its player generated. It is just so popular it got a name. However the class name remains as MAGE.

So your first role is not warrior. Your CLASS is warrior, and it dictates what SOULS you can use to build your ROLES. Its whatever preset or combination of soul points you gave it. Basically each role allows you to play your warrior very differently than another role. A great example is in your first role you could have a paladin/reaver split for a warrior tank role. Or you can have another with beastmaster and paragon for a DPS and supporting role.

When thinking about roles: think about it in terms of "this is what I'll do with it". So it may be a solo role. A DPS role. An AOE dps role. Etc. How you build it to achieve those means is up to you (or guides that you may use to help).
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 12-02-2013 at 03:48 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Oki time for definitions (this confused me a lot too at first)

Class: Warrior, Rogue, Cleric, Mage
    Soul: (example) Warrior souls: Paragon, Riftblade, Warlord, etc
    Role: A player or template set of ANY combination of 3 SOULS within a particular CLASS

Thus you have one role right now. You bought another role. Your roles as the class Warrior can only contain souls from the class warrior, not mage, cleric or rogue.

I hope that helps

Oh so that mean if im a warrior class i can only have different warrior class roles and i cant have my second/third/ and so on role be mage, cleric, nor rogue?

Oh so that mean if im a warrior class i can only have different warrior class roles and i cant have my second/third/ and so on role be mage, cleric, nor rogue?
    This is correct. You can make up to like...20 roles with various combos of warrior souls. You cannot use any souls from mage, cleric, or rogue while on your warrior.

Keep in mind even with 9 souls available to your warrior, thats a lot of various builds you can have saved for one charactor because even the same three combined souls can have their points alocated differently. One example in my own mage is that I have a pyro build, with a little archon, another archon build with a little bit of pyro, and another that is like a 50/50 split between the two. So thats three seperate roles using the same two souls! Get creative and find what works for you. Tons of possibilities.

Now, if you want help on what you want that soul to do (like do you want to excell at solo content, single target DPS in a group, solo pvp, support, etc) we can help ya with that and possibly point you to guides out there already for that. But we just need to know what your goal is with that other role.

If you want to experience mage, cleric, and rogue souls, you'll need to generate three new charactors. I have four charactors, all at level 60 cause I liked knowing what all the other classes can do. I didn't power level them or anything. Just casual play like dungeon and pvp ques.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 12-02-2013 at 03:58 PM.
    Xenohart

Soulwalker

Alright got it, sorry for the confusion, been all over google and some saying this and some saying that so i was confused a bit on the roles. Thank you very much for information and the detailed description and thank you to everyone else that replied to my question.

Alright got it, sorry for the confusion, been all over google and some saying this and some saying that so i was confused a bit on the roles. Thank you very much for information and the detailed description and thank you to everyone else that replied to my question.
    Its no prob. Some of the old data is still out there and not very acurate, but since it was most viewed it likely still comes up in searches. It takes forever to get used to using the words Class, Role, and Soul correctly. I still get confused sometimes lol.
    Xenohart

+ Reply to Thread