+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Top Rogue PvP Specs?

Rift Disciple

Default Top Rogue PvP Specs?

What are some of the top rogue pvp specs/builds at level 60 currently?

I'm sure Assassin is one of them, but that's not my primary play style.

I'm especially interested in a solid MM PvP spec as well as something either bladedancer or NB.

Thanks,

61 MM/10 Ranger/5 RS(Or NB)
    61 Sin/11-15 RS/0-4 MM
    61 Sin/10 MM/5 RS
    61 NB/12 BD/3 RS
    61 NB/10 MM/5 RS

Are my list, at least for beginners.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Given the spec itself isn't bogus, you can do something reasonable with all the souls.

Sin, Bd, Nb, MM, Ranger, Bard - all souls you can put 61pts into and perform well with.

MM is the hardest to go wrong with really. I prefer mixing it with ranger and nb iirc. Or maybe it was ranger and sin. Point being, you can't go wrong too badly. Just don't dump 15pts into RS or anything silly.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-01-2013 at 07:39 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Thank you!

MM can be very easy to go wrong with. The only map you cannot go wrong with MM is whitefall. With all the other melee classes that can charge at you and take you down MM is a class that needs to be played by someone with very good awareness. MM doesnt have survival besides running away. If you dont have a place to run you cant just slip away.

I understand there are people that play MM allot and it is normal to them and there play style, but I have tried to get a few Rogue friends to play MM and they just cant do it. 61 MM is all about play style. Its a great spec but its not easy to play since you always need to be moving and you can get focused down very fast by mages, other rogues, ect.

I love the playstyle and that fact you have no heals no dmg reduction,ect. I just wish they would fix the heal debuff, buff. It is now very pointless and you 1v1 a healer and you can be taken out fast due to the lack of heals siphoned back to you. It used to be usefull and great for 1v1 or even 1v2 but now its just useless.

Thats the main thing that needs to be changed with Marksman. Then maybe we will see more of them rather then 10 Assassins running around.

I've played MM since closed beta and there are so little of them now compared to before. I see maybe 1 Marksman per 5 Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Onem3o View Post
    snip
    You are playing a drastically different game then I am. Almost everything you say about how often you see MMs is the exact opposite of what I see
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

If you want to be super squishy and die in 3 GCD's, then go Marksman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    If you want to be super squishy and die in 3 GCD's, then go Marksman.
    Before I clicked the thread, I knew this post was going to be about how you won't play MM.
    You can relax. We get it. I'm sure everybody knows by now that Gunzip doesn't like MM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post
    Before I clicked the thread, I knew this post was going to be about how you won't play MM.
    You can relax. We get it. I'm sure everybody knows by now that Gunzip doesn't like MM.
    Its not for my lack of ability or skill to play it, I was forced to play marksman for an entire year before melee was brought up to surpass it. I'm just sick and tired of the build, and its extremely infuriating to see every single rogue in a warfront playing MM. Especially when they have no clue how to properly use all its tools and strengths. I'm talking about all the backpedaling, keyboard turning, clicking marksman I see by the droves in warfronts. There's less than a handful of skilled MM in North America, thats just sad.

Ascendant

Its not for my lack of ability or skill to play it, I was forced to play marksman for an entire year before melee was brought up to surpass it. I'm just sick and tired of the build, and its extremely infuriating to see every single rogue in a warfront playing MM. Especially when they have no clue how to properly use all its tools and strengths. I'm talking about all the backpedaling, keyboard turning, clicking marksman I see by the droves in warfronts. There's less than a handful of skilled MM in North America, thats just sad.
    maybe he's too hard to use for casuals? ;)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    maybe he's too hard to use for casuals? ;)
    No, its because Kukri and Muspel chant the Marksman mantra every day all day like its the god king rogue specc for pvp, and its definitely not.

No, its because Kukri and Muspel chant the Marksman mantra every day all day like its the god king rogue specc for pvp, and its definitely not.
    MM is unreal man u need to stop. it cant burst like melee but it can work its way around the battle field like no other providing strong burst and dps along with unreal utility. played right an MM takes the least amount of damage every wf and can still top the charts. played poorly yes mm blows
    Last edited by dday; 12-26-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    MM is unreal man u need to stop. it cant burst like melee but it can work its way around the battle field like no other providing strong burst and dps along with unreal utility. played right an MM takes the least amount of damage every wf and can still top the charts. played poorly yes mm blows
    Only in this games pvp is considered to be the best purge bot, such hogwash.

Only in this games pvp is considered to be the best purge bot, such hogwash.
    you are bad man if you think that all mm does is purge bot. thats a bonus on top of everything else it does.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    you are bad man if you think that all mm does is purge bot. thats a bonus on top of everything else it does.
    Ok, keep telling noob rogues MM is best, and if you think i'm bad, thats also your own opinion, I have folks I play with that think of me as a solid addition to their team. But keep on with the MM mantra, because no other rogue soul is viable in pvp. /logic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast