+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Awesome L52+ Leveling Spec!

Telaran

Default Awesome L52+ Leveling Spec!

I tried the "Grandpa" NB based spec at L50, and while it did really well, I wanted something more stealthy/rogue like. I love the assassin tree so I thought about blending the two at level 52 to see what I could come up with. I also found that with the Grandpa, after my first target was dead, and I did not have my cool downs ready, an immediate 2nd target was slower to kill, and no faster than a deep Sin spec.

I am more of a single target type of player. Hit it hard, fast, drop it quickly, re-stealth and move on. AoE is not my cup of tea while soloing.

This is the spec I came up with:

"Dire Wolf" - 32 NB/28 Sin/8 RS for level 52
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMThMVcv...cczovlcq00xMzz

It starts off like the Grandpa, but you have permanent stealth, a MASSIVE damage boost coming out of stealth (+41%), and an additional boost of +10% after hitting Twilight Force. This does not include the additional +15% boost after you crit! Targets drop so quickly it is not even funny.

Aside from permanent stealth (which I love), you move faster while stealthed, you have a self heal (Enduring Brew), Leeching Poison and you heal after every target dies from the 8 points in RS. On a single fight my level, I rarely drop 1k from max, and I auto heal that back up before the next pull. This is more my playstyle!

My rotation is as follows:

Stealth
    Expose Weakness
    Dark Malady
    Twilight Force
    Dusk Strike x1
    Scourge of Darkness (finisher)
    Dusk to Dawn
    Dusk Strike x3
    Blazing Strike (finisher)

Move to next target.

Level 53+ start dropping points into Poison Mastery, Advanced Flanking and Slip Away.

Telaran

I forgot to mention that you also get 2 forms of CC with this spec, one of which is 20m range, and you get the Endurance buff from RS. It is just a really fun spec!

If you try it out, let me know what you think.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

remove points out of ruthlessness. do you NEED enduring brew? those points can go towards stalker phase and you get a way better build.

your build is confusing. you dont take any builder boosts and spend points in pointless abilities. im sorry, im not a very good rogue, but even i can see that your build is quite muddled. i tried to tune it up a bit, but its impossible to balance something like this.

sin/nb used to be a decent hybrid, but atm, its very hard to do what you are trying to do.

do you want to AOE? go BD.
    do you want ST? NB or sin.
    do you want stealth? sin.

its really not possible to have both.

a rs/sin can kill faster than a nb, and have stealth, to boot.

If you want to do ST soloing, just drop points into pure assassin, 4 tactician, 11 RS.

Few things live past the duration of impale, and you'd pretty much be able to go indefinitely without the need for water or recovery items, assuming you aren't trying to kill things too far above your level.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 11-28-2013 at 12:24 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

actually if its like level 52 you want...

use hellfire blades and leeching poison, keep up curative engine. You can point points into nb as you level to get flame blitz if you want to aoe, though it wont be amazing aoe til you get living flame.

about the same ST as sin at this level, and you can aoe. you won't lose hp with leeching and the engine, should you need it, TT will save you. touch of death + scourge + weapon flare is plenty enough damage to aoe with even if you dont grab blitz or living flame right away (but you should).

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    actually if its like level 52 you want...

use hellfire blades and leeching poison, keep up curative engine. You can point points into nb as you level to get flame blitz if you want to aoe, though it wont be amazing aoe til you get living flame.

about the same ST as sin at this level, and you can aoe. you won't lose hp with leeching and the engine, should you need it, TT will save you. touch of death + scourge + weapon flare is plenty enough damage to aoe with even if you dont grab blitz or living flame right away (but you should).
    You pasted the wrong link.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

uh ****.

whatever, adjusted it anyways to include LF already since this said 52+, but the original link was for like upper 40s.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMthMmvlqIkGucczogbzvxcm

Prophet of Telara

Honestly there is only few good leveling builds.

Sin is pretty terrible for leveling and farming at 60.

It has no aoe, not very good self healing even with 4 tact and 11 rs ect ect.

Position requirement making the whole point of sin pointless for straight up farming/leveling.

you have 3 routes. Full Tact builds.

Nightblade/NS/4tact based builds

and at level 60 51 bladedancer builds for mass aoe.

The old school gramps build has terrible macros and few bad points. But using correct macros and a better variant of it, is going to be your best bet/

51 nb/4tact/21 rs is no downtime, no energy starvation with correct skill usage. You have high ST dmg High aoe dmg, you have tons of survivability Cool downs where you can farm like 15 mobs at once and pop your cds to kill them quickly and remain full health. ect ect

full tact kills slightly slower but also has high survivability and self healing.

But in general sin based builds for pure pve leveling and farming is not a very efficient or good.

Then there are a few folk who enjoy bard just for the playstyle, it's very slow at killing things but does decent, better to use if you are leveling with a friend.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-02-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    51 nb/4tact/21 rs is no downtime, no energy starvation with correct skill usage. You have high ST dmg High aoe dmg, you have tons of survivability Cool downs where you can farm like 15 mobs at once and pop your cds to kill them quickly and remain full health. ect ect
    Can you share the proper macros and ability use that results in no energy starvation in 51 NB / 4 tact / 21 RS?

I really enjoy that build and would be interested in seeing how you solve the energy issues.

+ Reply to Thread