+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Rogue Relic Weapons

Telaran

Default Rogue Relic Weapons

Anyone else notice that dps rogues are being systematically disadvantaged when it comes to relic weapons?

Every other class has the ability to upgrade their weapon via the Heart of Crucia whereas the rogue weapons require the Heart of Regulos. Granted, there is a relic rogue weapon which rarely drops off of Crucia directly.

In addition, it is now possible to purchase relic weapons from the marketplace with empyreal slayers marks which can, with enough empyereal slayers marks, be upgraded to relic weapons UNLESS you are a dps rogue. Every other class has myriad choices available. Rogues get a tanking weapon and tank and dps bows but no dps melee weapon.

Thus, while every other class is starting to accumulate relic weapons either via Hear of Crucia or simply by running enough epic dungeons to accumulate the slayers marks, dps rogues are left with the options of crossing their fingers for the incredibly rare dagger drop from Crucia or waiting until Regulos. Btw, to add insult to injury, the Heart of Regulos can be used to upgrade all the non-rogue weapons that the Heart of Crucia does....so we are left with the possibility of losing this item to any of the other classes even though it is our only real avenue toward a relic weapon.

I'm not certain if this is merely an oversight on Trion's part or if it is their intent to make rogues sit in the back of the bus dps-wise until they manage to kill Regulos.
    Last edited by Geph; 11-27-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Regulos is just as viable of a source for relics as Crucia, we have a myriad of choices. Think of it this way: casters get their shinies from Crucia and will not be getting them from Regulos. I'm assuming you're in a guild which has some sort of common sense on loot, if you're just pugging, well, have fun!

Back in my day, weapons required both Crucia's and Regulos' hearts to upgrade.

Then folks QQ'd and one heart was removed from each weapon. Though I suppose care wasn't taken to ensure a even distribution of who needs what hearts.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

I saw the rogue relic dagger drop from Crucia for the first time since storm legion was released, and I was on my mage alt when it happen. Rogue relics are coming close to being a myth, while every mage/cleric runs around with their relic two handers in droves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

I'm suprised this is only now coming to light. I've been grumbling about the fact that dps rogues have no inherent 1H raid-tier eq purchasable for anything. There's the twisted souls sword, but iirc that's also STR aligned, so while better then nothing, still isn't something for rogues specifically.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

If you dig back on these forums about... 9 months or so... you'd see threads about the overabundance of caster relics vs non-caster relics from T1 content.

Its old news, but you don't really need'em for T2 anyway, and a T2 purple weapon wins out over a T1 relic any day.

Although I do understand the shiny appeal of a raid relic.

I gave up on getting any relics, it's a myth, I'll just keep killing T2 bosses with my T1 epics.

I just got the relic two hand staff upgraded with the heart of Crucia, still waiting on a dagger to drop for my rogue main. This is so sad.

Rift Master

Last night, finally got the tanking dagger to drop for me on Crucia, and while clearing Golach on my mage, the upgradible rogue tanking sword dropped for the first time I've been there.
    Just as I no longer need either of them :P

Its been a year now, still waiting on Goloch/Crucia or Regulous to drop a dagger for me, this is driving me nuts, and the Bow off Reggie, still have not seen that. Come on dev's, what do you have against rogue dps?

xxs
    Plane Touched

marvelous keen/insidious sword of twisted souls is the best weapon you can get aside the mentioned relics. Ignore the latter and farm GA till you get anything useful. So ignore any weapons from T1 stuff (or use them for dreaming stars). Plus, you can get the sword w/o even raiding/luck involved.

The sword has a bit more str than dex but the marvelous augments are that good. Relic T1 are no way better than T2 epics.

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    marvelous keen/insidious sword of twisted souls is the best weapon you can get aside the mentioned relics. Ignore the latter and farm GA till you get anything useful. So ignore any weapons from T1 stuff (or use them for dreaming stars). Plus, you can get the sword w/o even raiding/luck involved.

The sword has a bit more str than dex but the marvelous augments are that good. Relic T1 are no way better than T2 epics.

Solution: Craft an STR Sword

The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

xxs
    Plane Touched

Well, it's STR one before the augment, it's over 100dex after. I don't really expect the crafting getting any useful fix (esp. the drop recipes are a bad joke). That being said and w/ chance to repeat myself the sword has the best stats of a non-relic T1 weapon.
    Killing the 1st boss in EE is not that hard and the rest of the materials can be easily bought.

Indeed, I'd have preferred a real damage dealing dagger (w/ AP or CP)... alas.
    Last edited by xxs; 12-02-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    Well, it's STR one before the augment, it's over 100dex after. I don't really expect the crafting getting any useful fix (esp. the drop recipes are a bad joke). That being said and w/ chance to repeat myself the sword has the best stats of a non-relic T1 weapon.
    Killing the 1st boss in EE is not that hard and the rest of the materials can be easily bought.

Indeed, I'd have preferred a real damage dealing dagger (w/ AP or CP)... alas.

I'm aware of how good it does, it's just really stupid is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Its been a year now, still waiting on Goloch/Crucia or Regulous to drop a dagger for me, this is driving me nuts, and the Bow off Reggie, still have not seen that. Come on dev's, what do you have against rogue dps?
    Have you been killing crucia/reggy every week for a year?

We have... and every single regular raid rogue has MH/OH, everyone but myself has a bleeding sky.

And I'm pretty sure we've gone through a few rogues due to turnover. Pretty certain a few alts has them too.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 12-02-2013 at 02:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast