+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Double dip bug

Champion

Default Double dip bug

Can someone explain in detail to me what the double dip bug was for tact back when it was making it a good healer? I'm hearing more more people saying it's as good as a warden healer if everyone stacks, and I don't know how to explain that that aspect of him was nerfed months ago.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

Live
    Level 70 Mage Trollhydra (Main)
    Level 60 Rogue Siehydra (Used to be main D=)

Double Dip bug:

Restorative Engine gained buffs twice and doubled the healing of the proc.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

There were actually 2 bugs that contributed to the overinflated healing numbers. One as explained above by Nynja. The other was you could apply Restorative Engine when you were buffed to the max, e.g., Flaring Power, Battle Remote etc and it would maintain the potency of its healing at those levels even after those temporary buffs had expired.

Champion

So I just want to be clear here, even if we stack everyone on top of each other and curative torrent, it's not really worth doing in anything that you don't overgear correct?

reason I ask, some guildies did a crucia run outside of our guild and they downed it, and they think tact is good now because the group used tact to help heal. One of the guildies said it's good because it does as much burst as a warden and I couldn't explain the double dip bug adequately to make him realize that was nerfed, and since we haven't downed crucia I wouldn't be surprised if they suggest we use it.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 11-27-2013 at 11:31 AM.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

Live

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    So I just want to be clear here, even if we stack everyone on top of each other and curative torrent, it's not really worth doing in anything that you don't overgear correct?

reason I ask, some guildies did a crucia run outside of our guild and they downed it, and they think tact is good now because the group used tact to help heal. One of the guildies said it's good because it does as much burst as a warden and I couldn't explain the double dip bug adequately to make him realize that was nerfed, and since we haven't downed crucia I wouldn't be surprised if they suggest we use it.
    Crucia is the only exception but you could also use 61 tac for this..but now as all ppl are normally overgeared even one warden can heal it all alone there
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

61 Tactician is potentially useful on Crucia because you can use Ablative Coil for Orbital Strike and largely trivialize it (and use Fortification Core + Battle Remote if you get a second Orbital). You also have Necrotic Bolt spam for the last phase-- while the DPS isn't all that great, it's still better than what a Warden or Chloro would be able to do if they were to focus on DPS.

That being said, this is an option that I'd only really go with if you don't have enough clerics to run a Warden, and even then it may not be worth it.

Champion

It feels like to me we can just run a BM instead of pyrochon/harbchon and pretty much get the same benefits, and any issue we were having anyway wasn't from healing. It just took our mech guy a few too many tries to get the orb thing down. Plus we want to try out BM anyway just cause.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 11-27-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

Live

The reason people go pychon/harbchon is superior dps. Double lava field ain't bad either
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    The reason people go pychon/harbchon is superior dps. Double lava field ain't bad either
    yeah I know after the war buffs it seems BM hybrid is on par now at least with harbchon, and we wanted to try it out honestly.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 11-27-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

Live

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post

61 Tactician is a decent healer, it is just difficult to find encounters where it brings a net benefit over having someone else do the healing (Matriarch comes to mind).

The problem with the double dip bug was regarding using Bard/Tact because when it was double dipping it allowed you to drop a healer while maintaining most of the important raid buffs. It no longer allows you to do so on any fight other than Jultharin (and possibly Ultane), and Orchestra's importance for DPS is greatly increased in relation to Power Core due to the changing of the stacking groups. Now it just results in a bunch of people still using subpar Bard specs.

61 Tact is a whole different animal. I wouldn't say it could replace a warden because a warden has many more tools but Curative Torrent and Ablative Coil are good assets for Orbital Strike if you are having trouble.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 12-02-2013 at 01:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread