+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some Help

Soulwalker

Default Need some Help

Hello guys. My name is Dolanin and I am a beginner. I downloaded the Game some days ago. Anyway.

I'd like to play as a (Guardian) Dwarf Rogue, and I'd like to have Saboteur as my 'main' Soul. I'm pretty new to Souls, so I don't know if you can have something like a main Soul, but I'd like to use Saboteur the most.

The problem is, I don't know which other two Souls to go with. Any advice?

Ascendant

You can have up to 6 setups with 3 differents souls each for rather low amount of money. The 7th set of souls is very expensive so focus on these 6 and experiment. There's npc which will respect your choices so you can test builds and find what is working for you more.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I know where you are coming from - the system was quite new to me when I first saw it. I was used to picking a class and that was it from there on out. I do promise that the more you just play, the more connections you will make over time to complete the bigger picture.

Sab can make a fine main soul, but it does what it does. It is an AoE ranged DPS soul. After playing for a couple years, I'd say the overall best approach is to learn the souls 1 by 1 as you enjoy them and eventually be able to use them all (you can purchase pre-set 'specs' so that you can have many preset roles/soul combos).

As far as pairing. It just depends what you want. Some souls mix with others more and some don't. I think in a nutshell you generally have main soul specs and hybrid soul specs. Main soul ones will be predominantly one soul and the sub souls will probably be mostly used for their talents that buff the main souls abilities, or to cherry pick a tool or two that you can get from low point investment. Or, you can go less into one main soul and some people hybrid it. I don't know about low levels, but an example of a hybrid higher level spec is say 44nb/32sin. I wouldn't honestly be too worried about hybrid specs until you are overall more familiar with the souls and until you are closer to level cap. But if you have that burning desire, experiment away. I've come out with some obscure soul combinations that I never saw before I came up with it, that sometimes did interesting things. It's an infinite game almost at times.

It seems like a lot to take in, so if that is too much to take in, that is why I say just playing the game will eventually give you the familiarity you are seeking. It just comes down to mass overall knowledge of souls when picking a main soul for a situation, choosing what type of spec to make and what types of sub souls to use.

To make a very simple and elementary example of sub souling. Say I have a Marksmen. They do mostly physical damage. Now I look at the sub souls and I see things like Bard and Tactician can increase my non-physical damage by 10% for 5pts. Well - that is a no good choice because I don't do physical damage. Now, if I look at souls like NB or Sin I see, increases physical damage by 10% (yep, I have physical damage, and a lot of it) or increases attack power and weapon damage by 10%. Well, those are global stats that boost everything you have just about, so those would help your main soul. Do you see what I mean by you just have to see what your main souls would ask for? To lee-way off that, some abilities are more global than others. Remember the talents that just increased physical or non physical. Another talent just increases combo point generating abilities. So - physical or not, if the ability generates a combo point, now it will get the boost. etc etc.

Hope that sort of helps the big picture.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Thank you for your help

+ Reply to Thread