+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gery

Thread: Hellfire/Smoldering Blades and Vampiric Essence

Rift Disciple

Default Hellfire/Smoldering Blades and Vampiric Essence

How do these buffs stack (or not stack) with each other?

I have over 100 planar attunement points to spend, and the Vampiric Essence weapon buff looks really nice.

On my warrior, I grabbed Vampiric Essence from death and I am working towards Razor Edge in fire. My plan is to put Vampiric Essence on my main hand, and Razor Edge (+AP) on my offhand. I assume that will work.

How will that work or conflict on my rogue who is currently using both Hellfire and Smoldering Blades?

Thanks!

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Cambios View Post
    How do these buffs stack (or not stack) with each other?

I have over 100 planar attunement points to spend, and the Vampiric Essence weapon buff looks really nice.

On my warrior, I grabbed Vampiric Essence from death and I am working towards Razor Edge in fire. My plan is to put Vampiric Essence on my main hand, and Razor Edge (+AP) on my offhand. I assume that will work.

How will that work or conflict on my rogue who is currently using both Hellfire and Smoldering Blades?

Thanks!
    It works just fine. Hellfire Blades and Smoldering Blades are buffs on the player while Vampiric Essence is a temporary weapon enhancement on the item. Razor Edge and Vampiric Essence are the PA versions of consumables such as whetstones.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    It works just fine. Hellfire Blades and Smoldering Blades are buffs on the player while Vampiric Essence is a temporary weapon enhancement on the item. Razor Edge and Vampiric Essence are the PA versions of consumables such as whetstones.
    Awesome. Thanks.

So even though Fire and Death buff STR rather than DEX, its still a smart way to go for Rogue so I can pick up Vampiric Essence and Razor Edge. Would you say that's accurate?

Or is it better for rogue to focus first on air and water for DEX?

Why not put Vampiric Essence on both? It stacks.

Also, as Gery noted, Razor Edge is simply a PA version of whetstones. Since the whetstones are stronger, you'll be using those instead.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-23-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Why not put Vampiric Essence on both? It stacks.
    How does that work with dual wielding for non-Bladedancers? I was under the impression that the Vampiric Essence heal would only proc when that specific weapon hit, which is pretty rare for warriors or rogues other than Bladedancers?

Does it have a chance to proc on any attack, in which case putting it on both weapons means a lot more healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Also, as Gery noted, Razor Edge is simply a PA version of whetstones. Since the whetstones are stronger, you'll be using those instead.
    Aha. I didn't know about whetstones. So given the option of whetstones, for rogue maybe instead of Death + Fire as my first two I should do Death + Air or Water then? For more DEX?

How does that work with dual wielding for non-Bladedancers? I was under the impression that the Vampiric Essence heal would only proc when that specific weapon hit, which is pretty rare for warriors or rogues other than Bladedancers?

Does it have a chance to proc on any attack, in which case putting it on both weapons means a lot more healing?

Yes that it is, same goes with the whetstones...the AP is enhanced by the double even using a bow!

Aha. I didn't know about whetstones. So given the option of whetstones, for rogue maybe instead of Death + Fire as my first two I should do Death + Air or Water then? For more DEX?
    You should go for all the red pieces in PA because pure AP for example on ranged weapons is the most gain> so try to priorize AP>DEX>STR
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Rift Disciple

So DEATH is a good early tier for rogues. What after that?

AIR/WATER or is it still solid to go with FIRE to get the AP weapon buff before using whetstones?

Also, I haven't been able to apply Vampiric or Razor Edge to a ranged weapon. Is there a buff for ranged weapons?

So DEATH is a good early tier for rogues. What after that?

AIR/WATER or is it still solid to go with FIRE to get the AP weapon buff before using whetstones?

Also, I haven't been able to apply Vampiric or Razor Edge to a ranged weapon. Is there a buff for ranged weapons?
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/9CE69...sonous-Coating

xxs
    Plane Touched

You get the most putting points in the weapon type you wield and if they are the same type. That's it having 2 daggers - a point in dagger mastery gives 2 points of AP - that's really decent.

Ranged mastery always gives one. Unless you have mining+weaponsmith the whetstones are relatively expensive solo, hence fire is a good tier to the pursue. Air/water are good depending again on the weapons you have.

PvP tier is actually very decent, esp. give you a self cleanse and a significant shorter cooldown of break-free.

Then you have earth w/ the third tier giving you extra dex for the finial bosses in experts (you can use the consumables if you have them) but nothing much fancier unless you primary tank.

Life is the worst tier for non-tanks.

Last, do not fill up the 3rd tiers as many of the points are just wasted (like rift creatures defense/attack).

---
    As for dual stacking vamp - unless you are bladedancer you have no offhand skills to trigger it, so AP there.

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    As for dual stacking vamp - unless you are bladedancer you have no offhand skills to trigger it, so AP there.
    Vampiric Essence procs have nothing to do with which weapon you're attacking with. This is why it works with ranged attacks.

+ Reply to Thread