+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Help?] What exactly is this rouge thing?

Soulwalker

Default [Help?] What exactly is this rouge thing?

I'm brand new to Rift, and I've started playing a rogue. Of course it was mostly because on my previous games I loved archers, but I've never exactly played any game where archers had swords also. I'm very confused on this whole balance between melee and ranged.
    1.) My swords are doing horrible damage (my soul trees are ranger marksmen and sabetour) is there any way to increase damage?
    2.) As someone who's playing for the ranged aspect of a rogue, is there any specfic stat traits to look for?
    3.) Do rogues use spell power?
    4.) Why does it seem no body wants me in an instance as a dmg rogue?

Thanks for any help given

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalGhost View Post
    1.) My swords are doing horrible damage (my soul trees are ranger marksmen and sabetour) is there any way to increase damage?
    Those three Souls you have in that Role are all ranged, therefore the swords are only "stat" sticks and you shouldn't be meleeing mobs.

Focus more on your gun/bow stats for ranged mostly, now if you reversed it around and made a melee spec like Assassin-- Bladedancer or something, then the stats on your swords/daggers become very important and your bow/gun become the "stat" sticks.

It's not to say equip poor swords/daggers for ranged or equip poor guns/bows for melee but more use the ranged weapons for ranged builds and use the melee weapons for, you guessed it, melee roles

Soulwalker

I've been trying to, but it seems I get way more agro then my pet, and instantly pull mobs to me, thus spamming a "Invalid weapon" message due to the fact my swords are pulled out. Any advice?

Soulwalker

I've been trying to, but it seems I get way more agro then my pet, and instantly pull mobs to me, thus spamming a "Invalid weapon" message due to the fact my swords are pulled out. Any advice?
    Sounds like you are trying to use a ranged skill with melee weapons equipped, thus the "Invalid Weapon". If you are marksman/ranger spec, you should always try to keep distance and kite mobs to their death. Use stuns and whatnot to help you out.

Also make sure you are using the boar pet for aggro

Soulwalker

Aye my razorbeast( I call him Razoc:3) trys tanking but whenever I use empowered shot/charges(Sabetour) I instantly steal agro and then the mobs get up in my face, which makes me switch to my meele weapons(Can I turn that switch off?) and thus the invalid weapon. I'm curious what level we get stuns?

On the topic of kiting- In rift it seems you always need to be looking at your target(Wow a game uses logic!) in order to attack. The kiting I did in my last game was a run foward and fire aoes infront of you so that the mobs run into them as they follow you. Yet here it seems I walk backward in order to attack the mobs, and by doing so I'm slowed down and rapidly attacked. Thsi typically can lead to me dying. Is there any solution to this? ( i.e faster movement speed/something)

Make sure 'Razor Quills' is active on the boar's ability bar, this forces mobs to attack it.

If you're still stealing aggro, get into a habit of using 'Divert Rage', this is an aggro dump for you and transfers all your threat onto the boar for 10 seconds, it has a one minute cool down though

Soulwalker

Thanks for the help!

uhm <.< now where can I find those skills?

Soulwalker

Thanks for the help!

uhm <.< now where can I find those skills?

heya, Which shard are u playing at?

Soulwalker

I'm playing on Faeblight! Just hit level 21. I really enjoy this game, wish there were some more people to talk to but other then that I'm finding the diverse amount of stuff to do really fun

I'm going to drop this link here, go through the guide section and see if there is anything that will help solve your aggro and dps issues, its very helpful, I use it everyday.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc.../rogue-guides/
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread