+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prepping for 60 as a tank, questions

Soulwalker

Default Prepping for 60 as a tank, questions

Hey guys, I hit 40 (I know not super close lol) but want to start prepping my character for 60.

What are the best crafted items I can buy?

Which slots have toughness on them? Should I spend a few bucks and buy some gear from the Rift Store?

What enchants should I get?

Can someone explain the upgradable items?

I see some epic items on the AH; is it worth it to spend the P on them?

Stats I should prioritize on gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Gmcgroarty View Post
    Hey guys, I hit 40 (I know not super close lol) but want to start prepping my character for 60.

What are the best crafted items I can buy? Rings, Helm, Belt

Which slots have toughness on them? Should I spend a few bucks and buy some gear from the Rift Store? Chest, boots, shoulders, legs. If you have disposable income, sure, buts its more expensive than its worth in my opinion. gearing up doesn't take long

What enchants should I get? Wrong game, there are no enchants. If you mean runes, then get the ones that would help tanking, google can give you some rune charts so you know whats out there, but generally you want endurance runes.

Can someone explain the upgradable items? Not much to explain. You buy/loot an item, it works as advertised. If its upgradable, it has a little icon thingy on it, alt-right click the item and it gives an upgrade window telling you what you need to upgrade it, and what the outcome will be. Some upgrades just add it to a set bonus, others actually increase stats. when you buy/loot the upgrade part, you can upgrade the item with the alt-rightclick menu

I see some epic items on the AH; is it worth it to spend the P on them? its a subjective question. Colors don't mean anything anymore really. You will find relics that have worse stats than epics. Epics that have worse stats than rares, etc. If its an upgrade over what you're wearing, and you have the excess plat, its worth it. If its not an upgrade, its not worth it, if its a small upgrade, and your practically broke, its not worth it.. basic common sense goes a long way

Stats I should prioritize on gear? If you want to tank, you really shouldn't even be asking this question :P Endurance.
    /10charoutsideofquotes
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

At 60 you can get some tanking gear in the chronicles, chest, legs, shoulders, feet. These can hold you over until you get drops in expert dungeons.

Shadowlander

If you're on deep wood, I can make you the best helm, belt and rings. I haven't stepped foot into a raid yet, but you can mainly gear up with the level 60 world gear (save a lot of infinity stones for this). That, combined with the epic crafted gear should get you ready for experts, which it's where the rest of your pre raid gear comes from. There's another thread here that I started which lists all of the best in slot pre raid tank gear (on page two). I think half of it is crafted.

edit: if you don't provide your own mats, then you're looking at around 100p per crafted item.
    Last edited by Demonic240; 11-22-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Soulwalker

awesome

stack endurance

I am on Hailol

I will take a look at that guide you said is out there, thanks gents

+ Reply to Thread