+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WhozDat

Thread: Soul Point Priority for a Marksman spec?

Shadowlander

Default Soul Point Priority for a Marksman spec?

So I've read tons of guides and discussions about Marksman builds, and those have all been helpful... but I have also noticed that all the builds and guides I read are just assuming you're already level 60.

Me, my rogue is level 27, and I'm planning on leveling up on mostly PvP alone. I know that MM is my best bet in the pre-51 point range, but no guide I've looked at tells me how I should spend my soul points as I level up, it only gives me the final picture of what it should look like at 60.

Is there anyone that can help me out with a general idea of what "talents" I should prioritize over others as I level up? I'm not expecting a full written out walkthrough guide, but just something as simple as a priority list of attributes that could help me with structuring/planning out my build would be extremely helpful, and much appreciated.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMAwTVLzvVMq0RkIddvV

Try this point spread at 30, I'm unaware of how many points you have outside of the 30 for MM, at 30, but just fill in RS first, then ranger, but make sure your points always go into MM first.

(Some progression examples to use for more levels if you need/want them)
    Last edited by WhozDat; 11-21-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zMAwTVLzvVMq0RkIddvV

Try this point spread at 30, I'm unaware of how many points you have outside of the 30 for MM, at 30, but just fill in RS first, then ranger, but make sure your points always go into MM first.

(Some progression examples to use for more levels if you need/want them)

thx for showing the links of these threads..
    also does the Passive " Wilderness Training in Ranger Soul tree Increase the Rouge dmg done? "
    Last edited by GrimmReaper; 11-22-2013 at 05:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmReaper View Post
    also does the Passive " Wilderness Training in Ranger Soul tree Increase the Rouge dmg done? "
    Yes. If something is pet related, it would be stated as such

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmReaper View Post
    thx for showing the links of these threads..
    If the rogue is dealing physical damage, yes *Which basically includes anything from the MM or Ranger tree*
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    If the rogue is dealing physical damage, yes *Which basically includes anything from the MM or Ranger tree*
    except the air damage AoEs in marksman which don't really matter.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 11-22-2013 at 12:49 PM.

For PvP, I would invest 3 more points into RS for Boosted Recovery. The self healing should not be overlooked, especially when healers are a rarity in low level PvP.
    Mallaigh - Rogue | Cleric | Warrior - @Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Mallaigh View Post
    For PvP, I would invest 3 more points into RS for Boosted Recovery. The self healing should not be overlooked, especially when healers are a rarity in low level PvP.
    It's worthless in pvp. Use bloodthirsty instead, if you need more healing then that after a kill, you aren't going to live any longer. 5 in RS is already a slight dps loss compared to 5 NB, taking more is an even larger dps loss, for a healing that will trigger on kill, and likely heal you for a completely insignificant amount

+ Reply to Thread