+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Help?] Rogue Build for PVP - DPS

Soulwalker

Default [Help?] Rogue Build for PVP - DPS

Hello everyone!
    Im new to this game, and i dont really know much about the stuff on the game, and thats why i am posting a new thread here so i could get some help from you guys out there.
    I understand if there are a lot of guides on the forum, ive read many of them, but i only get confused when i read some of them because there are so many different answers, and as i said, im new to this game so its hard for me to understand what the best thing for me is.

I would like to know which rogue build is the best for PVP when DPS is your main focus?
    Some people say that you should put the most soul points on assasin, some argue that you should replace it with nightblade or riftstalker. Ive also read that people like to put marksman as their second or third option, just because of the ranged abilities.

I would really appreciate if you guys could explain what you think is the best rogue PVP build is for DPS, and if you could share a link to a soul tree calculator so that i know where to spend my soul points on.

Please help a newbie out

first off, welcome to the game.

second, this would be better in the Rogue Discussion forum area and not in the guide section.

You will get more help there than here and most will likely say everything you will want to see is in one of these guides including a soul point calculator. I don't think someone else can help you much more besides physically being where you are at and telling you what to push.

good luck in Telara, Happy Rifting, and read these guides over and over and practice the rotations on test dummies found in your home city or Tempest Bay.
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    first off, welcome to the game.

second, this would be better in the Rogue Discussion forum area and not in the guide section.

You will get more help there than here and most will likely say everything you will want to see is in one of these guides including a soul point calculator. I don't think someone else can help you much more besides physically being where you are at and telling you what to push.

good luck in Telara, Happy Rifting, and read these guides over and over and practice the rotations on test dummies found in your home city or Tempest Bay.

Isn't this Rogue Discussion? Have the same question actually. Been PVE'ing with Bladedancer/Riftstalker which rocks, but PVP not so much.

Depends on your level range honestly. Ild suggest a ranged damage option, like Marksmen, until your at least 51, then, if desired, transferring to assassin or nightblade.

As subsoul options, I'ld suggest 10 MM/5 RS (or 13RS/2MM (For sin only))

For MM subsouls, go 10 ranger/5 RS.

Attack power+ Weapon damage nodes are king, rule of thumb.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    Depends on your level range honestly. Ild suggest a ranged damage option, like Marksmen, until your at least 51, then, if desired, transferring to assassin or nightblade.

As subsoul options, I'ld suggest 10 MM/5 RS (or 13RS/2MM (For sin only))

For MM subsouls, go 10 ranger/5 RS.

Attack power+ Weapon damage nodes are king, rule of thumb.
    10 nb/5rs for mm subsouls, least thats what i use, 10% more damage on builders is pretty big on ES and swift shot crits already hit over 2k. obviously get 20% ap and weapon dmg too

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    10 nb/5rs for mm subsouls, least thats what i use, 10% more damage on builders is pretty big on ES and swift shot crits already hit over 2k. obviously get 20% ap and weapon dmg too
    5% crit chance, 4% AD+WD and 8% damage to all vs 10% AD+WD and 10% damage to builders,

I take the former mostly because the BiS pvp trinket is rather CP heavy, and MM works well with CP in general.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 11-21-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Its time for me to buy the first freelancer weapon, but iam not sure.
    Axe or dagger, what configuration and why?
    I play mostly bard, sin and sab.
    Thanks in advance.

whichever you want / whatever you've focused your PA points on

I would run MM with 10Ranger/5RS until the 60 bracket probably (and afterwards still), it's been a long time since I've been in those tiers but I've heard MM still does nicely. NB/RS might also still be decent for a melee option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    Its time for me to buy the first freelancer weapon, but iam not sure.
    Axe or dagger, what configuration and why?
    I play mostly bard, sin and sab.
    Thanks in advance.
    It really doesn't matter. Just be sure to put your higher damage weapon in your Mainhand slot, unless running Bladedancer. Also, Bard and Sab both roll off your ranged weapon, so maybe pick that up first?
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    5% crit chance, 4% AD+WD and 8% damage to all vs 10% AD+WD and 10% damage to builders,

I take the former mostly because the BiS pvp trinket is rather CP heavy, and MM works well with CP in general.
    Indeed it does, once i get my last myrmidon weapon ill have 18% ish CP, i just find the extra hp and port are going to be better than the 5% crit chance but i guess its preference.
    Last edited by kronor; 11-22-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Indeed it does, once i get my last myrmidon weapon ill have 18% ish CP, i just find the extra hp and port are going to be better than the 5% crit chance but i guess its preference.
    WhozDat was speaking on using 10Ranger/5RS for MM over 10NB/5RS, in which case 10Ranger gives a bigger benefit.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Blard was another good PvP build for pre-60 bracket. I ran it from 50-58 until it lost its luster and I switched to Sin. There's a guide for it somewhere in this forum.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

+ Reply to Thread