+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Are assassins useless or is it just me?

Soulwalker

Default Are assassins useless or is it just me?

Aren't Assassins suppose to be dealing a lot of burst dmg in a few seconds? 'Cause I definitely am not doing that atm.
    I know I'm not high lvl yet (lvl31) but it's not like I'm fighting higher lvl people anyway so it's irrelevant. My build is Assasin 30, Rift Stalker 11 and Marksman 0.
    It always goes like this; pop out of stealth unload my most powerful combo possible and my target remains in like 70% of their health most of the time (unless they are healers, then they have 100%...), if they are mages they simply kill me before I do and if they are tanks they run. I always go for isolated players and try to do them in as fast as possible but it rarely turns in my favor. The only times I actually took some kills or more accurately stayed alive long enough to get some kills is when I had a healer on my back and spamed Swift Shot from distance till my finger broke...
    Now it's not my first MMORPG, I'm not behind in gears, I've read several guides and I know when to use my abilities, macros and all, I just feel too damn weak. PvE is fine but PvP sucks and it's supposed to be the other way around.
    Last edited by Digressio; 11-20-2013 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digressio View Post
    I know I'm not high lvl yet (lvl31)
    This is your problem.

Higher level assassins rock face. Not only in pve but pvp too.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Unfathomable, you put 1/4th of your points into a tank soul and are not happy with the damage? Try putting half your points into rs and see if that helps any.

Instead of RS use nightblade.

Sadly, when they went to 61 point max spreads, and the entire idea of split specs went out the window, my beloved spec of Assassin / Riftstalker (for the teleporting), went right out the damn window.

Edit: Also, from what I've noticed, was that people use a 0 point in marksman to get rid of disconnects. When you subspec (15) into nightblade, you can use either RS (for the 1 teleport) or what I use, BD, for the 50% dodge. The 15 NB will give you both a ranged DoT, ranged snare, and a ranged finisher.
    Last edited by Anasatsudo; 11-20-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Just spam Fan Out.

It's all you need to know.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    Just spam Fan Out.

It's all you need to know.
    Thats so 1.4 or was it 1.5?
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

I know I'm not high lvl yet (lvl31)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    This is your problem.
    Patience IS a vitrue in this case. Sins are awesome (in certain situations...single target) so are the RB/BD builds (again, in certain situations...multiple) Range...yeah more or less can't go wrong. Sins you gotta just remember one thing.
    We have A LOT more fun doing it from behind!

#perverted
    Last edited by Stahker; 11-20-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

Assassin is a rather terrible soul in the sub 51ish range. They really gain their momentum, steam and power through the 51 point ability and the 60 passive.

Despite what others are saying, 11 RS is very viable, and the used spec of several of the top assassins, though the 12 point BD subsoul choice is picking up steam with assassin users in various brackets above 60.

My honest suggestion would be to try out something like Nightblade in the lower levels, or abandon melee at all, the issue with it in that bracket is that most melee's powerful and game revolving skills, serpent strike and living flame, haven't been unlocked yet, and it's better to just go with a pewpew ranged option.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Aren't Assassins suppose to be dealing a lot of burst dmg in a few seconds? 'Cause I definitely am not doing that atm.
    I know I'm not high lvl yet (lvl31) but it's not like I'm fighting higher lvl people anyway so it's irrelevant. My build is Assasin 30, Rift Stalker 11 and Marksman 0.
    It always goes like this; pop out of stealth unload my most powerful combo possible and my target remains in like 70% of their health most of the time (unless they are healers, then they have 100%...), if they are mages they simply kill me before I do and if they are tanks they run. I always go for isolated players and try to do them in as fast as possible but it rarely turns in my favor. The only times I actually took some kills or more accurately stayed alive long enough to get some kills is when I had a healer on my back and spamed Swift Shot from distance till my finger broke...
    Now it's not my first MMORPG, I'm not behind in gears, I've read several guides and I know when to use my abilities, macros and all, I just feel too damn weak. PvE is fine but PvP sucks and it's supposed to be the other way around.
    Just have patience and level up.
    “Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?”
    ― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Soulwalker

Thanks for the suggestions, it took me a couple of days and about 1 plat worth or reseting souls in order to finally find what suits me, I ended up with BD as secondary soul and MM for the spammable ranged attack and the speed buff. My DPS is noticeably higher now and it seems to be getting stronger and stronger as lvls grow.

Now I need an advice as to what to build for ranged DPS. I tried Saboteur with MM and Ranger but Sab doesn't seem to do it for me, it works fine in PvE (though I still enjoy my Assassin more) but in PvP it's like I'm a magnet of the enemy's artillery or something, the moment I start throwing stuff I die no matter what position I have on the field or how many of my allies are surrounding me and there's pretty much nothing I can do about it either since I have no escapes except for the MM's speed buff. My Assassin again seems more effective in this situation even though I only have Swift Shot for range.

Soulwalker

(Couldn't edit my previous post)
    An option would probably be MM Ranger and RF but I feel that this would be too simple and boring to play.
    Last edited by Digressio; 11-22-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Ascendant

MM is quite effective at low level play.
    Most melee specs only come into themselves after 50+ though.

Not sure if you have a Bard spec yet...but Id recommend having one. I run a 38/38 t ard...38bard/38Tactician/0stalker. As for low levels range...take yer pick...I ran quite a few types till I got higher up in the brackets....You get tired of gettin' tagged...swap to bard spec in the next rez.

Sabo works just fine even in low levels...you just gotta get sneaky on when and where ya drop the bombs. For endgame ranged I use a sabo spec of 54Sab/10Tac/12Stalker and a MM spec of 61MM/10Sin/5NB. Both have their uses. MM spec gets more use in Fronts...but sometimes ya just gotta drop a bomb on someone.
    Last edited by FloridaOkie; 12-02-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Assassin is trash below level 60, and even then, it wont shine until you're rank 90.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast