+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 61 point tact - Ablative Coil

Default 61 point tact - Ablative Coil

Ablative coil seems like it's one of the best cooldowns in the game, but the problem is it doesn't match up with the timing of most raid mechanics. I like the idea of Tactician being sort of a defensive support and Bard being an offensive support though, based on their 61 point skills.

So why not turn it into a torrent, which keeps to the theme of tactician.

Ablative Torrent - channels a torrent in front of the rogue for 3 seconds which coats all allies with an alloy that lowers all damage taken by 5 (or 10)% for 6 seconds (stacks with Motif of Tenacity / Call of Stone)

A defensive Curative/Ablative Torrent cycle can then be mixed with an offensive Infernal/Glacial Torrent cycle depending on the circumstance. This way, 61 tactician has a place in progression while providing all its other various raid buffs.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 11-19-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

It'd fall into that uncomfortable grey area of whether or not it'll be useful.

It would be difficult to make raid mechanic where there is severe and heavy unavoidable raid damage such that 61 point tact is useful, but not absolutely required.

I agree the Ablative Coil is a solution in search of a problem, but I don't think your suggestion changes anything.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Rift Master

Seems like it would just turn Tact into the new/classic purifier, on spam duty keeping the ablative buff up on everyone.

My thought was actually to only make 61 tact useful/necessary on bleeding edge progression, rather than all content. For example, if your healers cannot keep you up during Orbital Strike, you would grab a 61 tact as an extra buffer. In its current state, 61 tact cannot do that because its cooldowns are too long. I doubt it would be game-breaking because using 61 tact is both a dps and hps loss in any case, so using Ablative Torrent as a quasi-purifier shield gives up a lot of dps.
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 11-20-2013 at 09:05 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

At 5% it might have a place but it is not likely to be used unless Tactician is useful for other reasons, which is already the case. Perhaps lower the cooldown to 1:30, and add a 5% damage bonus to match up with Flame of Life, and apply the same debuff. Higher damage reduction but no inherent healing and requires channeling. Sharing stacking groups is a nice way to make it powerful but not required.

Alternatively keep it in its own group and not apply the debuff, just lower the cooldown. Because of the DPS loss from going tactician there's little risk of running 2 tacticians just for this buff, so the issue is having it available enough to be useful.

Another alternative, change it to be similar to one or both of the Beastmaster's defensive commands. The defensive commands should have their debuffs removed as well, because of similar issues to Ablative Coil. You are not going to bring more than one Beastmaster because of the DPS loss to do so. Also the debuffs clutter up my raid frames.

+ Reply to Thread