+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fresh rogue tips!

Soulwalker

Default Fresh rogue tips!

I am currently looking for a current NB-Sin build. I have been looking but i have not found the "cookie cutter". I know there may not be one, and that fine; I was just looking for a starting point for major talents to take and probably would adapt from there. If someone could post this build I would be most appreciated, and maybe some macros/ tips and tricks to the spec, so I amy dive more head on into the spec. Before you guys flame if you decide to, i literally have been reading pvp guides, and other members posts and they mendtion the builds, but not so many links to what it is. its all more or less opinions about which is better arguments.
    Thanks again, sorry if this inconviences anyone!
    have a wonderful day!

P.S. New to rift-ish <played beta for a bit> and wow/eq etc.

NB/sin sorta thing

-keep up fiery spike(with nb fnishers ) and always start with it on a new target
    -keep puncture up
    -spam and finish
    -use sin weapon enchants
    -use macro and nb finishers
    -use dusk strike only until 4 stacks of emptiness and then let it fall off or use ebon fury for dusk strike spamming

macro:
    #show backstab
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast backstab
    cast fiery chains (you can let that out)
    cast primal strike
    cast twilight force
    cast expose weakness

macro:
    #show scourge of darkness
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast scourge of darkness
    cast blazing strike
    cast flame thrust
    Last edited by Nynja; 11-16-2013 at 12:32 PM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Soulwalker

What would be the rotation for this, openers etc?
    Also I assume that i should start with the NB tree and start filling Assas tree when points do not fit in NB?
    Can you or someone also explain the macros a bit too I assume one or both of those are used in the "use macro and NB finishers". What would be considered the NB finishers?
    I was also wondering which are priortized higher than the other as letting anyting to fall off or not. are finishers to be max combo points or stopped at a certain number?
    also which race maximized dps etc?
    I just want to be well versed before I go and start to memorize rotations, specs, and dive onto the build.
    Last edited by Myoga; 11-16-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: edit, forgot to ask something and corrections

this will answer you the rest

NB-SIN guide by mayi

but orientate more to my macros and point distribution

"also which race maximized dps etc?" i dont get this one here Oo
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Soulwalker

like there are high elves, humanish and dwarf, is there a race thats best for maximizing dps

Soulwalker

Also i should have mentioned aswell, I was looking for both pve and pvp specs for this particular play build. One other question i was wondering is for PVE whats topping the charts for dps?

assassin is the best ST spec, ranger the best ranged ST spec, saboteur the best AoE spec

there's no race for maximizing dps. the racial bonuses are really for exploring the world and have absolutely no effect on your damage
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 11-16-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

Thanks a ton! I am unfamiliar with what ST means, I assume standard?
    As far as the PVP spec of assassin goes, does someone have a "cookie cutter" build link for that aswell; It would be most appreciated. <maybe a guide listing too >
    I also hear through the forums thats the NB/SN spec is mst favorable for pvp, and assasin is great for max dps,, but alittle lack luster in utility?. Can any of your experienced rogues fill me in if that is true or not? Maybe i can get a wonderful soul to post a build for that NB/SN aswell! that would be super awesome!
    I appreciate all the answers and the time taken to type them all out!
    you guys are great!
    <3
    Last edited by Myoga; 11-17-2013 at 09:11 AM. Reason: clarification

ST = single target

NB/SIN is no more prefered in either pve or PVP....its a dead spec

in pvp you use either FULL MM, FULL NB or FULL SIN,also SIN/RS 54/22 is a pretty solid open world/duel spec...you all find the guides in the guide section
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Soulwalker

Ohh ok. hmm the posts i have been reading were all googled, and may have been out of date. Thanks for the clarification
    you seem to be pretty knowledgeable; is there any spec you yourself find to be "pewpew"?

Quote Originally Posted by Myoga View Post
    Ohh ok. hmm the posts i have been reading were all googled, and may have been out of date. Thanks for the clarification
    you seem to be pretty knowledgeable; is there any spec you yourself find to be "pewpew"?
    i love bladedancer but its not top dps..but i love the playstyle,versatility(and utility) and the burst AOE
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    i love bladedancer but its not top dps..but i love the playstyle,versatility(and utility) and the burst AOE
    Is there a particular spec that you have enjoyed more than others as a bladedancer?
    I would love to try it out eventually and see the differences

Quote Originally Posted by Myoga View Post
    Is there a particular spec that you have enjoyed more than others as a bladedancer?
    I would love to try it out eventually and see the differences
    full nightblade would come next..see gerys guide for that
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Telaran

The best place, by far, to find the builds you want is the Rogue Guides forum.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc.../rogue-guides/

You have to be a little careful with the guides. Many are not up-to-date. Be sure to look for when a guide was last updated, and/or stick to the ones with recent posts.

One thing that makes Rift different from a lot of other games is how it encourages people to experiment. You have multiple Role slots, and can buy more cheaply. Each Role lets you save a build. You can switch between Roles any time you are not in combat. It is also quite cheap to reset a Role slot. You are never locked into a specific build or set of builds.

Go nuts. Try everything.

Soulwalker

I will have to try that out. yeah I have been reading the forums and diferent guides.
    I have noticed some if not most are out of date/ have not been updated in a while. thats why I came directly to the players for advice. I figure save myself some time, and others looking for the same thing, and make a post about said objective!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast