+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zartosht

Thread: Question about Planar Attraction

Soulwalker

Default Question about Planar Attraction

I've been tanking experts on my Cleric for a while now and have recently started tanking on my Rogue alt. I'm confused by the ability Planar Attraction though, the wording - "Teleports up to 5 nearby enemies to the Rogue and forces them to attack the Rogue for 3s." is essentially the same as the Cleric ability Rebuke - "Pulls up to 5 enemies to the Cleric, forcing them to attack the Cleric for 3s."

Whilst the Cleric ability works perfectly though - target a ranged enemy mob, hit Rebuke and they get pulled to you, the Rogue ability seems to do absolutely nothing. I've tried targeting a ranged mob and triggering it, triggering it without targeting anyone, nothing seems to work. I thought it might be the case that there's already 5 other mobs closer to me that it's affecting, but even testing it on a single mob it seems to do nothing. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong with it please? Thanks in advance...

Soulwalker

Appearently you misunderstand the skill. It's not a targeted "pull-mox-x-towards-u" skill, but rather an "aura". It works by teleporting 5 random enemies within a certain distance around you right to you. Note the skill has no range given like targetted skills.

The fact that it doesn't pull the ranged mob either means:
    1: there are 5+ mobs closer that got pulled instead or
    2: the ranged mob is just out of range.

It is just an aoe taunt off of your location. Also even if it doesn't teleport the mobs it hits, it still taunts them.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Plane Walker

It just has the tiniest range out of all pulls (9.5m).

Soulwalker

Aah ok thanks, as I suspected. They should probably just change the wording to reflect it's use as an aoe taunt. Teleport with that range is useless! Thanks for the help.

yeah the teleport aspect of the ability is only useful for two things:

to pull in mobs that are exactly the right distance apart (i.e. the groups in Triumph of the Dragon Queen after Cyril)

or, to confuse everyone because it looks like there's only one mob left when there's 5.

Plane Touched

just pretend it's a backup taunt with a really short range,

given the long cooldown it's almost always a better idea to build threat with shadow blitz/rift disturbance/(splashed)phantom blow/1-cp wrath

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    just pretend it's a backup taunt with a really short range,

given the long cooldown it's almost always a better idea to build threat with shadow blitz/rift disturbance/(splashed)phantom blow/1-cp wrath
    It's always better to build threat with damage regardless of the class.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    It's always better to build threat with damage regardless of the class.
    riftstalker doing damage? surely some mistake

Shadowlander

Low damage is still technically damage. Riftstalkers don't build threat from anything but damage, really, albeit damage that has huge threat effects attached.

+ Reply to Thread