+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: (Bladedancer Precision strike and Double strike

Default (Bladedancer Precision strike and Double strike

I'm trying to understand how to play bladedancer correctly but I've come across something that bothers me a lot...
    Last time I played was a long while ago and we couldn't use precision strike or quick strike if any attack other then keen strike or binary strike was done, but now that we can use them even after using any other attack as long as we got a binary or keen in the past few seconds, I'm trying to understand the use of precision strike and double strike in all this...

What I've gotten down to is to use Binary and quick strike and ignore precision strike while under double coup or dualism.
    Also, while under blade tempo or soul parity or fated blade. I should be using 1 precision strike and 1 quick strike per 5 combo points then double strike.

My question is: Am I doing it right?

Another question is, Dancing steel in single target is good when I roll blade tempo or soul parity or fated blade? (And shouldn't use Double coup and Dualism back to back to allow me to use Dancing steel every 30 seconds on a tempo that boost it.)
    What about Hundred blades? Is it worth it to use in single target?

Thx for the help!
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Default Bladedancer

Not sure if you are level 60 or not. The proper spec you should be running is 61 BD in which you should never have to use Double Coup or Blade Tempo except for a pure aoe rotation.. Your off souls can vary but its generally 12 sin, 3 NB.

Both Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel should be part of your ST rotation. You want to clip the last second of Blade and Soul Parity and Fated Blades with either Hundred Blades or Dancing Steel. Once those have finished channeling, hit the next dance and continue rotation. Dualism has a separate rotation entirely. I could write an entire guide about it right here. However.

There's a full Bladedancer guide right here Shadowlands Bladedancer Guide. It's a bit old but the spec is played the same for the most part. The guide is very detailed and should cover everything about Bladedancer. If you have any specific questions you can PM me.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Both Hundred Blades and Dancing Steel should be part of your ST rotation. You want to clip the last second of Blade and Soul Parity and Fated Blades with either Hundred Blades or Dancing Steel.
    Nope. Only do this with Fated Blades for ST.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-16-2013 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    What I've gotten down to is to use Binary and quick strike and ignore precision strike while under double coup or dualism.
    Also, while under blade tempo or soul parity or fated blade. I should be using 1 precision strike and 1 quick strike per 5 combo points then double strike.
    Your rotation should always be Quick - Binary - Precision - Binary - Double, except for under Dualism when your rotation is Quick - Binary - Quick - Double - Binary - Precision - Binary - Double
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

+ Reply to Thread