+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Rogue class best fits for what I'm looking for???

Default Which Rogue class best fits for what I'm looking for???

So pretty much I'm trying to decide which Rogue class to choose from for the style of gameplay I'm looking for and so far its come to ---->

Shadow Stalker & Planar Sentry (I would add Flame trooper but it is locked)

And for everyone's information yes I'm a new player to Rift just started today, so I know nothing of how each character plays (but hell no I'm not a new player to mmorpg's been playing them for over 7 years I got over 10 rpg's on a HD right now).

What I'm looking for a champions gameplay is someone who----->
    1) Uses two swords (The Rogue obviously)
    2) Deals a lot of damage (in rpg words a dps)
    3) Someone that can take a few hits, but not in a replacement for a tank. Because I want to focus on the dps.

So which one would it be?
    If there is something else you need to know ask away.

PS. Thank you for your time and consideration.

First word of advice you'll get from anybody, *DO NOT* use the pre-built souls, they've always been awful.
    For melee leveling you'll want to do BD/RS, maybe NB/RS.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Quick 101 on getting into rift

Classes in rift are callings
    Callings can handle different roles(up to twenty)
    Roles are 3 Souls(e.g. Riftstalker(tank), Assasin(DPS), Bard (support) combined to a spec
    There are also presets(e.g. Flame trooper) that are suggesting you 3 souls (one main-soul, and 2 subsouls) and their (non-)optimal point distribution

As a new player just ignore the presets and try to make a build for diffrent purposes you are comfortable with...there are combinations that synergise well and others dont...you will find out by reading the description of a soul and the skills

Also its important to know that you unlock skills by putting points in that specific soultree you desire as your main-soul(you see the unlockable skills in the root of that tree)

There are also some skills in the tree itself but most of them are passive..just take your time and read them all trough

Thats the basic...as a rogue you can switch between any roles you build at any time out of combat..and the calling is able to do tank, dps and support as mentioned above..

Have fun in rift and dont struggle to ask further questions, but pls use the search function first

P.S.: Take a look into the guide section, there are plenty of leveling guides that can be used early on^^
    Last edited by Nynja; 11-14-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

My first guess reading your post would be Bladedancer, if it needs to be a Rogue, but the best way to find your playstyle soul of choice is imo, take some time to try them all Rogue and Warrior (Both can fight with 2 Swords^^) And take some time to go thruw the Class Forums/Guides Section for a little overview on endgame

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post
    First word of advice you'll get from anybody, *DO NOT* use the pre-built souls, they've always been awful.
    For melee leveling you'll want to do BD/RS, maybe NB/RS.
    again I just started playing today so when you say prebuild souls are you talking about something that is already in the game or something that people follow online?

BD/RS NB/RS I have not heard of these before what do they stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    As a new player just ignore the presets and try to make a build for diffrent purposes you are comfortable with...there are combinations that synergise well and others dont...you will find out by reading the description of a soul and the skills
    as for these presets (which I think I already asked someone else) where are they because I don't think i have seen them, are they in the game or something you look up online?

Also its important to know that you unlock skills by putting points in that specific soultree you desire as your main-soul(you see the unlockable skills in the root of that tree)
    There are also some skills in the tree itself but most of them are passive..just take your time and read them all trough
    ooo yes I have come across many skill trees in other mmorpg's no worries for looking through that; In fact I enjoy looking through them and comparing what would seen to be best lol (of course I also look up what others would say).

Classes in rift are callings
    Callings can handle different roles(up to twenty)
    Roles are 3 Souls(e.g. Riftstalker(tank), Assasin(DPS), Bard (support) combined to a spec
    There are also presets(e.g. Flame trooper) that are suggesting you 3 souls (one main-soul, and 2 subsouls) and their (non-)optimal point distribution
    Thats the basic...as a rogue you can switch between any roles you build at any time out of combat..and the calling is able to do tank, dps and support as mentioned above..

Have fun in rift and dont struggle to ask further questions, but pls use the search function first

P.S.: Take a look into the guide section, there are plenty of leveling guides that can be used early on^^
    so you are saying I can use/train each subclass's for Rogue anytime outside of combat? I can think of one other game that does something like that you may or may not know of it "Eden Eternal" in this game you can level each job (I think is what they called it) as if you were starting at level 1 all over again, but all your doing is leveling the job. Is this what you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    My first guess reading your post would be Bladedancer, if it needs to be a Rogue, but the best way to find your playstyle soul of choice is imo, take some time to try them all Rogue and Warrior (Both can fight with 2 Swords^^) And take some time to go thruw the Class Forums/Guides Section for a little overview on endgame

ahh I was not aware that the warrior can duel wield swords. Would you happen to know of a site that tells me what weapons each class can wield???
    I tried looking for a bit and could find information on that class but not the different weapons they can use but I will keep searching myself.

Weapon list I don't know, I always decide by stats.

Handy spec builder http://www.rifthead.com/stc

Don't overlook a Soul's Gift (bonus to dps, heal, health etc, for each point in the tree) which you can see by hovering your cursor over a Soul's icon.

Not all combinations work well together in game, but respec'ing is cheap so experimenting doesn't hurt much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheeWARIO View Post
    as for these presets (which I think I already asked someone else) where are they because I don't think i have seen them, are they in the game or something you look up online?

Presets are something like you mentioned (e.g. Flame tropper etc,.)

so you are saying I can use/train each subclass's for Rogue anytime outside of combat? I can think of one other game that does something like that you may or may not know of it "Eden Eternal" in this game you can level each job (I think is what they called it) as if you were starting at level 1 all over again, but all your doing is leveling the job. Is this what you are talking about?

You can reset each role at your trainer for very low money and also you can change between each role outside of combat (e.g. from tank to dps etc)

but you dont have to lvl it..you just change to an empty role(more roles can be purchased at a trainer) and fill out different souls with different point distribution
    thats it^^
    Last edited by Nynja; 11-15-2013 at 06:29 AM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Quote Originally Posted by TheeWARIO View Post
    again I just started playing today so when you say prebuild souls are you talking about something that is already in the game or something that people follow online?

BD/RS NB/RS I have not heard of these before what do they stand for?
    Because the soul names can be quite long, the players (I don't think the devs really had any say in it) came up with some abbreviations for their class' souls. Below are the common ones for Rogues:

BD=Bladedancer
    Sin/Naughty Word Not Allowed On Forums=Assassin
    NB=Nightblade
    Sab=Saboteur
    RNG=RGR=Ranger (Usually not shortened)
    MM=Marksman
    RS=Riftstalker
    Tact=Tactician
    Bard=Bard

There is no list that for weapons classes can use. You can cobble together your own list by looking at the various weapons that you get at the end of quests and then looking at the primary (Highest) stats. Intelligence=Mage, Strength=Warrior, Dexterity=Rogue, Wisdom=Clerics. If Endurance is the highest, that means it is a tanking piece and then you should look at the second highest stat. There is another way that you can cobble a list together, but that could be a spoiler so I'll let you hit level 50 first.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

thats it^^
    I see that is actually really awesome thank yea kindly for all the help man.

Quote Originally Posted by erct657 View Post
    Because the soul names can be quite long, the players (I don't think the devs really had any say in it) came up with some abbreviations for their class' souls. Below are the common ones for Rogues:

BD=Bladedancer
    Sin/Naughty Word Not Allowed On Forums=Assassin
    NB=Nightblade
    Sab=Saboteur
    RNG=RGR=Ranger (Usually not shortened)
    MM=Marksman
    RS=Riftstalker
    Tact=Tactician
    Bard=Bard

There is no list that for weapons classes can use. You can cobble together your own list by looking at the various weapons that you get at the end of quests and then looking at the primary (Highest) stats. Intelligence=Mage, Strength=Warrior, Dexterity=Rogue, Wisdom=Clerics. If Endurance is the highest, that means it is a tanking piece and then you should look at the second highest stat. There is another way that you can cobble a list together, but that could be a spoiler so I'll let you hit level 50 first.
    ight man that helps a lot thank yea kindly for the information.

+ Reply to Thread