+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ranger and energy regen (way to little outside living energy)

Default Ranger and energy regen (way to little outside living energy)

As the title implies I'm wondering just why it's like this. Except nightblade and duskblade spamming no warrior or rogue spec suffers from energy starvation to the extend that ranger does, if you dont have living energy you literally run out of energy within less than 1 minute and your dps goes down the drain. Could we please either get a reduction in terms of energy required per skill or at least take the energy cost away feral aggresion and animalism

It's really frustrating to do experts and you lose over 1k dps if you have a cleric healer in stead of a chloro.

i don't think trion cares, pretty sure this is intended. in every rogue dps spec i run, i am out of energy much sooner than a minute and a half. as sin it takes about 20 seconds, maybe a little longer with enduring brew.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Specs that never run out of energy:

MM, Tact, bard, bladedancer,

So so much for every rogue spec.... Nightblade does but that is intended for sure, because of the way dusk strike works, riftblade doesnt have huge energy issues either nor does assassin. But they do run out also after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacria View Post
    Specs that never run out of energy:

MM, Tact, bard, bladedancer,

So so much for every rogue spec.... Nightblade does but that is intended for sure, because of the way dusk strike works, riftblade doesnt have huge energy issues either nor does assassin. But they do run out also after a while.
    I assume you mean Riftstalker? And yes they get starved too. Same goes for Bard (though they can put up Fervor and solve it) and you can get starved as MM too. I run most experts with a RS tank, and I'm so glad we're at the point where I can heal experts as Bard now, so that we don't have to worry about if it's a Mage or Cleric we run with (cause obviously we need someone to queue as Healer still).

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    I assume you mean Riftstalker? And yes they get starved too. Same goes for Bard (though they can put up Fervor and solve it) and you can get starved as MM too. I run most experts with a RS tank, and I'm so glad we're at the point where I can heal experts as Bard now, so that we don't have to worry about if it's a Mage or Cleric we run with (cause obviously we need someone to queue as Healer still).
    riftstalkers get starved but not compareable to how a ranger is starved. Bards dont ever get starved, marksmen only get starved if they misstime strafe horribly.

Rift Disciple

riftstalkers get starved but not compareable to how a ranger is starved. Bards dont ever get starved, marksmen only get starved if they misstime strafe horribly.
    marksman also gets starved if u dont misstime strafe.

for more dps u would want to clip strafe at 3 combopoints then you will be starved even faster.

Bards do get starved. I can notice if Chloro's LE isn't up when I play Bard (which is my main spec for raid).
    Last edited by Ailene; 11-11-2013 at 05:38 AM.

Plane Walker

Under solo conditions:

Starved:
    Assassin
    Ranger

Not starved:
    Bard (with Fervor)
    Bladedancer
    Marksman (proper use of DES and Strafe)
    Nightblade (but less DPS)

Starved but nobody cares:
    Riftstalker
    Saboteur
    Tactician (not sure about this, might be dependant on clipping)

Ranger starves more than Assassin in my opinion, and has no way of recovering energy unlike Enduring Brew and Malicious Poison.
    Last edited by Scyd; 11-11-2013 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyd View Post

Ranger starves more than Assassin in my opinion, and has no way of recovering energy unlike Enduring Brew and Malicious Poison.
    Not even close. I cant even finish my opening rotation before starving out. After 2 serp procs amd 1 tod and pm its over. Enduring brew can help once every 2 mins... Which does no good for your 2nd tod and from then on its watching the meter fill till i can use anything.

Shadowlander

Sounds like we need a Ranger support group.

There was an idea awhile ago to make all oGCD combat buffs cost 0 energy. It would help a long way in lowering reliance on clover
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar Dan View Post
    Sounds like we need a Ranger support group.
    Rogues need a lot of help in a lot of areas. Honestly, ranger seems to need the most QOL to me though.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

Live
    Level 70 Mage Trollhydra (Main)
    Level 60 Rogue Siehydra (Used to be main D=)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    Rogues need a lot of help in a lot of areas. Honestly, ranger seems to need the most QOL to me though.
    Pretty much. Ironically, ranger is the most range-limited ranged soul in the game. Lowest max range and highest min range. Along with being the only top DPS spec that relies on a pet, and a melee one at that.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Scyd View Post
    Pretty much. Ironically, ranger is the most range-limited ranged soul in the game. Lowest max range and highest min range. Along with being the only top DPS spec that relies on a pet, and a melee one at that.
    Never quite understood the point of a melee pet on a ranged soul. You can say it can survive more then a melee can and you'd be right, but if the pet doesn't constantly need management to stay alive wouldn't it be better to just go melee? And that's only because rogues are kinda shafted ATM on prolonged disconnects.
    Buff Harb! Nerf Ranger!

Live
    Level 70 Mage Trollhydra (Main)
    Level 60 Rogue Siehydra (Used to be main D=)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    Never quite understood the point of a melee pet on a ranged soul. You can say it can survive more then a melee can and you'd be right, but if the pet doesn't constantly need management to stay alive wouldn't it be better to just go melee? And that's only because rogues are kinda shafted ATM on prolonged disconnects.
    The pet afaik never dies except for Kyzan, Goloch and some expert bosses...also on this fights you dont play ranger...so it doesnt matter anyway if pet is melee..

last but not least, you dont have to manage pet because on bosses with much target switching you dont play ranger at all...
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast