I for one miss the days when hybrids were viable options, I think that it would be very easy to re-enable hybrids without massive rework on the current souls. As I see it there is one major factor that kills the building of hybrids and that's soul specific talents in the rogue trees.

These can be found in basically every soul and it kills the ability to mix souls because it places extreme restrictions on what you can use from other souls. If these talents etc were reworked to work with the rogue calling instead of specific souls I think it would be very easy for hybrids to become viable again.

Example changes:

Assassin:
Physical Trauma- Now applies to all direct damage finishers
Manslaughter- Now applies to all rogue finishers

Bard:
Bardic Inspiration- Now applies to all rogue finishers
Reverberation- Now applies to all rogue finishers
Harmonic Distortion- Now applies to all rogue finishers

Bladedancer:
Deadly Dance- Now applies to all rogue finishers
Quick Strike and Precision strike can now be used after any rogue combo generating attack
Double Coup- Now applies to all rogue combo generating attacks

Marksman:
Lock N Load: Now applies to all rogue finishers
Shoot to Kill: Now applies to all rogue finishers and combo generating attacks
Quick Reload: Now applies to all rogue abilities (I think this one is deep enough it would be ok, but may have to stay)
Free Recoil- Now applies to all finishers
(Rapid Extraction fits the theme of the changes but I fear this one would have to remain due to its low-ish placement)

Nightblade:
Lingering Flame- Now applies to all rogue finishers
Ignited Weapons- Now applies to all rogue finishers

Tactician:
Expanded Torrents- Now applies to all rogue combo generating attacks
Primer Amplification- Now applies to all rogue finishers

The only change above I think that would have a possible impact on existing 61 builds is Deadly Dance in BD being a new possible sub-soul choice, as everything else requires more than 15 points to activate.

This would require tweaking and testing of course but I think this is the direction required if the rogue calling is to have hybrids be a viable option.

So do you think these changes would result in OP hybrid builds? make little difference? or give rise to new alternative options?