+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bladedancer Side Steps 2.5 - not working?

Soulwalker

Default Bladedancer Side Steps 2.5 - not working?

New player here, level 29. Added one point to Bladedancer in the hopes of seeing the 4% healing factor mentioned below in the new patch. I have tested this in both PvE and PvP and cannot figure out how to get the recovery dance to "activate".

Even the hover tooltip in-game does not mention the 4% attack power recovery buff.

Is this broken? Has anyone tried it? Am I doing something wrong?

* Side Steps: Triggers Recovery Dance that heals the Rogue for 4% of Attack Power every second. The amount healed is increased by a factor based on the number of enemy players around the Rogue when Side Steps is activated, up to maximum of 40.

what is your attack power at?
    Rogue - <Ascendance>"
    Luteuel@Greybriar, formely Luteuel@Deepwood

I didnt pay much attention to it but since the tool tip said nothing about it i dragged it to a hot bar again. Old bug when abilities get changed so old habit to just do that 1st. Tool tip still said nothing about healing but when i used it it started healing though i didnt pay attention to how much.

Soulwalker

I tried dragging it to the hotbar again, and it still doesn't do any healing.

I have 611 Attack Power unbuffed.
    Last edited by belechannas; 11-07-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    what is your attack power at?
    My attack power is 147, so I would expect to see ticks of 6 HP healing, but never see it.
    I'll also try re-dragging to hot bar, thanks.

Soulwalker

I just checked my other Rogue, and it's not healing her either.

Also, there is no "Recovery Dance" buff gained when I use Side Steps.
    Last edited by belechannas; 11-07-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Rift Disciple

Were you at full health? The scrolling combat text won't show at full health. You might check the combat chat tab to see if it's rolling there.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Inshalla View Post
    Were you at full health? The scrolling combat text won't show at full health. You might check the combat chat tab to see if it's rolling there.
    I tried it while in (PvE) combat, after taking damage, and I had the combat log open. It did not do any healing.

Can you confirm that it is, in fact, healing you Inshalla?

My Rogues, and the OP's Rogue, are not Level 60 (my Rogues are 48, and the OP's is 29). If it is working for most people that is only thing that I can think of that might provide a clue why it's not healing us...
    Last edited by belechannas; 11-07-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Rift Master

It's supposed to be a PvP only ability. Don't know if it'll work in open world while you have hostile players beside you, or only if you're in instanced PvP (WF, CQ).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by belechannas View Post
    I tried it while in (PvE) combat, after taking damage, and I had the combat log open. It did not do any healing.

Can you confirm that it is, in fact, healing you Inshalla?

My Rogues, and the OP's Rogue, are not Level 60 (my Rogues are 48, and the OP's is 29). If it is working for most people that is only thing that I can think of that might provide a clue why it's not healing us...
    If we can get multiple reports confirming this does not work on < level 60 characters, I'll submit a support ticket asking for clarification.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    It's supposed to be a PvP only ability. Don't know if it'll work in open world while you have hostile players beside you, or only if you're in instanced PvP (WF, CQ).
    I'll have to try it in Warfront PvP with the combat log open, but I swear it is not working no matter what I do.

Soulwalker

Well, that would explain it in my case (I don't PvP), but the patch note says nothing about it being PvP only. The patch note suggests it is more effective in PvP.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by belechannas View Post
    Well, that would explain it in my case (I don't PvP), but the patch note says nothing about it being PvP only. The patch note suggests it is more effective in PvP.
    Poorly worded, but that's what the "enemy players" part of the notes is meant to cover.

Poorly worded, but that's what the "enemy players" part of the notes is meant to cover.
    I don't think it's misleading at all. "enemy players" implies player characters hostile to you and that's how the skill is currently working.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rounded View Post
    I don't think it's misleading at all. "enemy players" implies player characters hostile to you and that's how the skill is currently working.
    I can't get the skill to work in any situation. I've tried the following -

PvP - melee range
    PvP - ranged
    PvE - melee range
    PvE - ranged

I've checked the combat log and had it open the whole time. I thought maybe it only activates during a successful dodge, and kept track of that. That doesn't work either.

Support ticket submitted. I'll update this thread with results.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast