+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rogues that op?

Default Rogues that op?

Are rogues so op that we're the only calling that didn't get a damage reduction attached to our charge attacks? we're squishier than clerics!
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 11-06-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Rogues already have solid mobility and disconnect tools in Assassin and Nightblade. The specs didn't need the same kind of PvP-specific buffs that other melee souls got. You'll notice that Riftblade and Warlord are in the same boat, because they were already solid choices for PvP.

By contrast, Bladedancer did need some help. Thus, Battle Dance.

Assassin didn't need it, but I felt that it would have been a great addition to blazing path. Right now, it's a tool to run away with rather than initiate. Personally, I don't like initiating with stealth in nightblade because of how slow it feels compared to assassin stealth.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Personally, I don't like initiating with stealth in nightblade because of how slow it feels compared to assassin stealth.
    I would like to reiterate my hope that Nightblade's stealth can be revamped.

Are rogues so op that we're the only calling that didn't get a damage reduction attached to our charge attacks? we're squishier than clerics!
    uhh, clerics are not supposed to be squishy, so yeah you are op.Just like a rogue to get buffed (again) then whine about it.

Assassin didn't need it, but I felt that it would have been a great addition to blazing path. Right now, it's a tool to run away with rather than initiate. Personally, I don't like initiating with stealth in nightblade because of how slow it feels compared to assassin stealth.
    NB already has survival tools though! Well one good one that I can think of
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    By contrast, Bladedancer did need some help. Thus, Battle Dance.
    Don't forget the change on Side Steps, being affected by the number of players around the rogue.
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 11-06-2013 at 12:06 PM.

With nbs cd block any pvp boost would have made it way to op.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetynineprobs View Post
    uhh, clerics are not supposed to be squishy, so yeah you are op.Just like a rogue to get buffed (again) then whine about it.
    Why the hell not? This isn't a healer we're talking about. Buffed to still be lower than clerics' PvE DPS is hardly reason to be satisfied.

I think it's fine since both sin and NB have stealth. It's just irritating to read this kind of posts.

Edit: The changes to Side Steps across all rogues or only BD?
    Last edited by Scyd; 11-06-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Shadowlander

Default Well.....

Im pretty sure its the skill....So yeah it applies in every role that has BD as sub soul....Which makes the RS/??/BD sreally uncontrollable in pvp....If it does work as a subsoul skill....Go hybrid RS/SIN/BD and kill them all

Plane Touched

yup, losing 2 or 3 gcds slow-walking to the boss for a 20% boost for 8s is a close tradeoff at best and turns into a big loss if the tank moves

anyway nb sucks so bad right now that's the least of its problems

Quote Originally Posted by Scyd View Post
    Why the hell not? This isn't a healer we're talking about. Buffed to still be lower than clerics' PvE DPS is hardly reason to be satisfied.

I think it's fine since both sin and NB have stealth. It's just irritating to read this kind of posts.

Edit: The changes to Side Steps across all rogues or only BD?
    lets get something straight , everyone knows rogue is the winner in 1v1 with any skilled player
    and that was before the buff to all melee and rogue buff that happened today so stop crying about cleric DPS

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    yup, losing 2 or 3 gcds slow-walking to the boss for a 20% boost for 8s is a close tradeoff at best and turns into a big loss if the tank moves

anyway nb sucks so bad right now that's the least of its problems
    ummmmmmmmm they are talking about the pvp buffs....

Shadowlander

ok i level up my rogue. it's unacceptable. they was and become more OP for pvp now. every fkin warfront most classes are rogues. They kill so fast very high dps and you dont have a little chance to survive them, get away from them 1v1. i have 31-32k hp and rogue eats me in 1-2 sec my survivability spells doesnt worth ****, rogue over dps it instantly. thats called a fight? game should be called for pvp " Riftogues "

Quote Originally Posted by Dnalor1337 View Post
    ok i level up my rogue. it's unacceptable. they was and become more OP for pvp now. every fkin warfront most classes are rogues. They kill so fast very high dps and you dont have a little chance to survive them, get away from them 1v1. i have 31-32k hp and rogue eats me in 1-2 sec my survivability spells doesnt worth ****, rogue over dps it instantly. thats called a fight? game should be called for pvp " Riftogues "
    /mentorlevel 60

Should help a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast