+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 61MM finisher macros

Soulwalker

Default 61MM finisher macros

A lot of guides suggest macroing RFS and hasted shot into a single button for the 61 MM build (or any other build that makes use of these finishers, like the MM/ranger hybrid). That is, a macro like

cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Hasted Shot

However, I've noticed that with these finishers macroed together, there will be times when RFS is just about to come off CD, so I would be able to use it when the GCD from my builder is finished, yet because of having it in the macro, I end up queuing up hasted shot instead of RFS. As a consequence I feel like I'm firing more hasted shots than I need to be, or to put it another way I end up firing fewer RFS than I theoretically could be, if I were able to queue up RFS just as it comes off CD. Obviously, this is only an issue if the CD finishes at the same time as I need to cast a finisher, but I still feel like it might be a small dps loss?

#show Rapid FIre Shot

This will make u see CD on RFS and plan your burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    #show Rapid FIre Shot

This will make u see CD on RFS and plan your burst.
    ^This, it will show the cooldownf for Rapid Fire Shot rather than the hasted shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    ^This, it will show the cooldownf for Rapid Fire Shot rather than the hasted shot.
    That's not what his problem is. It has to do with ability queueing, not seeing the cooldown.

Personally, I keep a separate keybind with just Rapid Fire Shot, as well as the macro.
    Last edited by Muspel; 11-04-2013 at 07:58 AM.

You can set your ability queue in settings to be short or long I suppose, or maybe its latency issues?

Something that you can do to help line up your RFS's is use Lightning Fury to maintain Lightning Fury on the target, but only do that if no other class is adding a Armor Debuff to the target mob. It IS a dps loss for you but should be a dps gain for the raid.

It would be awesome if Lightning Fury added a combo point. I don't think that that is too much to ask considering how infrequently (10s at a minimum, 15s optimally) it can be used. This would probably make it not a dps loss because as it is now, you have to spend 1 gcd every 3-4 5 combo point rotations to maintain that debuff, with no gain to you.

Alternatively, and probably a better option, you can add 1 Deadeye Shot to your rotation and accomplish the same effect. I believe that this is not a dps loss. I personally don't use Deadeye Shot because cast time sucks but from what Muspel and Gery have said in the past, it is a dps gain to use it as the second finisher of Free Recoil->Finisher->Empowered Shot->Finisher, with RFS being the first finisher. Use it second because DES does not cause the CD on Empowered to be reset until AFTER the cast is completed, causing, in theory, a small amount of lag/inability to use Empowered Shot if you use ability queuing.
    Last edited by erct657; 11-04-2013 at 08:06 AM.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

When i get the OP right, his problem is that RFS comes off CD when hes at 5 CP and he wishes to wait the 1 sec to use it instead of HS..but what could he possibly do to do so? i guess waiting for RFS to be cast more frequently is a dps loss no matter what you are using as a filler...
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

You can set your ability queue in settings to be short or long I suppose, or maybe its latency issues?
    Still not what his problem is.

Let's say that Rapid Fire Shot comes off cooldown in .25 seconds, and there's .25 seconds left on your GCD. If you press a Rapid Fire Shot/Hasted Shot macro, it will queue up Hasted Shot.

Let's say that Rapid Fire Shot comes off cooldown in .25 seconds, and there's .25 seconds left on your GCD. If you press a Rapid Fire Shot/Hasted Shot macro, it will queue up Hasted Shot.
    Working as intended or a bug?

Working as intended or a bug?
    I suspect it's an unfortunate side-effect of how the macro system works. The fact that you can even queue up macro abilities at all is a relatively recent development.

Soulwalker

Exactly this. The macro looks and says RFS is on CD so it goes on to the hasted, even though the CD on RFS is at a point where I could queue it up if I had a separate button.

I will probably just add a separate button so I can try to optimize the use.

Although this does raise another question: suppose I'm at 5 combo points and there's only 1 second left on the CD for free recoil. Is it worth popping a swift shot and waiting for free recoil? That seems like it would result in getting to fire more instacast empowereds... Obviously if I am doing the armor debuff, this is the ideal point to pop lightning fury, but I'm talking about situations where someone else is handling that debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Skuldra View Post
    Although this does raise another question: suppose I'm at 5 combo points and there's only 1 second left on the CD for free recoil. Is it worth popping a swift shot and waiting for free recoil?
    No. Free Recoil's buff has a 15-second duration. Just use it every time it comes up so the cooldown starts ticking down. It doesn't matter when you expend the actual effect, as long as you're doing it before it comes back up, and it's impossible not to do that unless you're AoEing.

I suspect other callings probably have the same issue.

Macros are there for convenience, but rarely for optimized play.

The only way to have full control over your abilities is to not use any macros at all, but few people are capable of playing their keyboard like a piano and still do mechanics.

Most things you macro together will result in a slight dps loss compared to using them on their own binds. With a few exceptions.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

No it will not. The queue system takes into account cooldowns, it does not take into account conditions (like <30%) which is what led to ye old macro lag in the past. That's not an issue now though (unless you use castbar abilities in the same macro), except if you really want to optimize your DPS you need to manually use the conditional ability if the condition occurs during your queue timeframe.

Now if RFS comes off cooldown in .5 seconds, and there's .25 seconds left on your GCD, you will have the issue you describe.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 11-04-2013 at 04:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast