+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Nynja
  • 3 Post By Gery
  • 1 Post By Nynja

Thread: Pls fix Power Chord Allion

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    924

    Default Pls fix Power Chord Allion

    Power Chord in its actual state is kind of inferior...its nice to have it for a smooth rotation>

    2cp>3cp cadenza/cadence>finisher

    But!

    15% more dmg for the next cadenza/cadenz is fail

    Imagine Cadenza ticks for 3k each tick..you will do 15k for 5 cp
    When i use Power chord its 3,5k + 3x 3,3 and results in 13,4k dmg for 5 cp..so it makes no sense to use it..overall its a dps loss in every circumstance

    In terms of healing its the same>

    9%ap-heal + 3x 6% ap heal is 27% healing in 5 cp
    without the chord its 5x6%> 30% healing in 5 cp

    i will except the 6th tick you can have without a GCD

    it would be nice if you can fix this issue before the next rogue patch

    Maybe increase the healing by 15%ap and the dmg of next channel by 50%
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

  2. #2
    Champion R3db4ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    584

    Default

    /sign

    Would be nice if power chord gets back to a usefull skill

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    You're counting wrong. PC + Cadenza is 4 ticks to 5 CP, not 5.

    So first off, PC + Cadenza gets you to 13.5k at 4 ticks (3.375k/tick) vs 15k at 5 ticks (3k/tick) with Cadenza+Cadenza.

    Second, you're not including a discussion of finishers. You get your finisher out sooner with PC (4 ticks instead of 5). Over time that's 20% more Codas.

    Third, the current design of Modulation optimizes the use of Verse of Agony based on PC->Cadenza->Finisher. If you're integrating Verse of Agony (which you should), it's a more straightforward rotation. PC->C->F->PC->C->F->VoA is easier than trying to figure out when to pop VoA randomly in the middle of C->C->F.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    You're counting wrong. PC + Cadenza is 4 ticks to 5 CP, not 5.

    So first off, PC + Cadenza gets you to 13.5k at 4 ticks (3.375k/tick) vs 15k at 5 ticks (3k/tick) with Cadenza+Cadenza.

    Second, you're not including a discussion of finishers. You get your finisher out sooner with PC (4 ticks instead of 5). Over time that's 20% more Codas.

    Third, the current design of Modulation optimizes the use of Verse of Agony based on PC->Cadenza->Finisher. If you're integrating Verse of Agony (which you should), it's a more straightforward rotation. PC->C->F->PC->C->F->VoA is easier than trying to figure out when to pop VoA randomly in the middle of C->C->F.
    I talked about CP not ticks....

    First off, i am not wrong

    Second, the time to get off finishers is the same(after 4 seconds)

    Third, more Power Chords = less VoA
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Damage per CP by itself is irrelevant.

    Let's look at an extreme example: There's a builder that immediately grants 5 CP but only does 1 point of damage, followed by a finisher that consumes 5 CP for 50k damage.

    By your argument, you would rather have a builder that takes 5 ticks to do 5 CP, but gives 10 damage per tick. After all, that's 50 damage to 5 CP vs 1 damage to 5 CP.

    Personally, I would rather have the first builder because I can use my 50k finisher three times as frequently.

    This illustrates the point that damage per CP, by itself, isn't what we really care about. We really care about damage over time. If you can get the CP in fewer ticks, and do something else with those extra ticks, it might be worthwhile.

    =-=-=

    So now back to the Bard and your numbers.

    PC + Cadenza gives you 5 CP in 4 ticks.
    Cadenza + Cadenza gives you 5 CP in 5 ticks (if you cut it off properly, which not everyone can do).

    So you are comparing numbers (13.5k vs 15k) that occur over a different length of time. When you average for time, PC + Cadenza gives you higher damage per tick.

    And sorry, but PC + Cadenza lets you use a Coda every 5 seconds while Cadenza + Cadenza you only use a Coda every 6 seconds (presuming you're going to 5 CP every time).

    I agree that more Cadenza = more VoA because of Modulation. There I was mentioning that PC + Cadenza provides an easier rotation.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    =-=-=

    So now back to the Bard and your numbers.



    So you are comparing numbers (13.5k vs 15k) that occur over a different length of time. When you average for time, PC + Cadenza gives you higher damage per tick.

    And sorry, but PC + Cadenza lets you use a Coda every 5 seconds while Cadenza + Cadenza you only use a Coda every 6 seconds (presuming you're going to 5 CP every time).
    Its the same time. due to channels work:

    PC+C+F= 5 seconds

    PC= 1GCD(1s)
    C= 1GCD (3s)
    Finisher= 1GCD (1s)

    C+C = 1gcd and 3 ticks(3s) + 2nd gcd with one tick on the third tick of first C and a second tick(1s)
    finsher =1GCD(1s)

    C+C+F= 5 sec

    hmm its really complicated but thats how it looks to me

    the thing is the first tick of the 2nd C is egual to the last tick of the first C
    Last edited by Nynja; 10-31-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyShadow View Post
    Damage per CP by itself is irrelevant.

    Let's look at an extreme example: There's a builder that immediately grants 5 CP but only does 1 point of damage, followed by a finisher that consumes 5 CP for 50k damage.

    By your argument, you would rather have a builder that takes 5 ticks to do 5 CP, but gives 10 damage per tick. After all, that's 50 damage to 5 CP vs 1 damage to 5 CP.

    Personally, I would rather have the first builder because I can use my 50k finisher three times as frequently.

    This illustrates the point that damage per CP, by itself, isn't what we really care about. We really care about damage over time. If you can get the CP in fewer ticks, and do something else with those extra ticks, it might be worthwhile.

    =-=-=

    So now back to the Bard and your numbers.

    PC + Cadenza gives you 5 CP in 4 ticks.
    Cadenza + Cadenza gives you 5 CP in 5 ticks (if you cut it off properly, which not everyone can do).

    So you are comparing numbers (13.5k vs 15k) that occur over a different length of time. When you average for time, PC + Cadenza gives you higher damage per tick.

    And sorry, but PC + Cadenza lets you use a Coda every 5 seconds while Cadenza + Cadenza you only use a Coda every 6 seconds (presuming you're going to 5 CP every time).

    I agree that more Cadenza = more VoA because of Modulation. There I was mentioning that PC + Cadenza provides an easier rotation.
    Your math is faulty. First Cadenza ticks at 0, 1 and 2 seconds and the second one at 2 and 3 seconds after which it is clipped and a finisher is used and the whole rotation takes 4 seconds, not 6. With Power Chord you use PC at 0, then start a Cadenza channel at 1 which ticks at 1, 2 and 3 followed by a finisher. Again the rotation takes 4 seconds.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Your math is faulty. First Cadenza ticks at 0, 1 and 2 seconds and the second one at 2 and 3 seconds after which it is clipped and a finisher is used and the whole rotation takes 4 seconds, not 6. With Power Chord you use PC at 0, then start a Cadenza channel at 1 which ticks at 1, 2 and 3 followed by a finisher. Again the rotation takes 4 seconds.
    thx 4 backup
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    229

    Default

    aha I stand corrected, nvmd

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Does Power Chord do more damage than Cadence?

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reillan View Post
    Does Power Chord do more damage than Cadence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    Imagine Cadenza ticks for 3k each tick..you will do 15k for 5 cp
    When i use Power chord its 3,5k + 3x 3,3 and results in 13,4k dmg for 5 cp..so it makes no sense to use it..overall its a dps loss in every circumstance
    Lengthening

  12. #12
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scyd View Post
    Lengthening
    Not asking about Cadenza.

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Nynja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reillan View Post
    Not asking about Cadenza.
    Not sure if trolling..
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

  14. #14
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reillan View Post
    Not asking about Cadenza.
    Oops. Not sure why you want to compare those 2 though? Higher DPS while trying to heal?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts