+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking for Expert or below tank gear

Shadowlander

Default Looking for Expert or below tank gear

Hey all,

I more than likely won't ever be raiding, so I'm limited to Expert dungeons and below. That being said, I now have 2 pieces of expert dungeon gear and the rest is world gear. I have 315 Hit, 350 Toughness and 41k HP self buffed. Looking at the rest of the expert gear, I'll only be getting 2-6 additional endurance per remaining piece. Should I be able to get my HP much higher without raiding, or will I be stuck at around the 45k mark?

Plane Walker

I think if you are really decked out, meaning fully upgraded epic expert gear all appropriately runed, BiS essences, cape, seals etc, with max PA, you can probably reach 65k HP. I am missing a lot of those and already have 55k HP, and my only raid gear is a tanking necklace from ToDQ.

You can get significantly higher than that. Are you using endurance runes and venerated essences?

Shadowlander

My alt is a runecrafter so I have 3 +32 endurance runes (chest, boots, hands). I have the neck rune for +dex/+end and that's it for endurance runes. (still working on faction for the other special runes) I started out with the fire and death PA trees, and I'm currently in the 2nd tier of Earth (originally was dps). I guess I could respec my PA again, but I'm not sure how much HP that would add.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic240 View Post
    My alt is a runecrafter so I have 3 +32 endurance runes (chest, boots, hands). I have the neck rune for +dex/+end and that's it for endurance runes. (still working on faction for the other special runes)
    Get Blazing Tough runes on your legs and shoulders and Auroral Adamant Runes on your melee weapons. This'll give you about 2k more health.

But with your health being that low, I expect the real problem is one or both of the following:

As a fresh 60, you probalby have weak essences in your planar focus. If you get to work on Lycini and Torvan, you can pick up some extremely powerful ones with around 85 endurance each. As a quick frame of reference, upgrading a single honored essence to a venerated essence will raise your health by around 1k, give or take. Maxing out your core is a big deal.

Also, you might be using the wrong spec. Make sure it's 61 Riftstalker/8 Ranger/7 Bard.

Plane Walker

List of BiS expert gear:
    Main
    Offhand
    Ranged
    Helmet
    Shoulders
    Chest
    Gloves
    Belt (unsure)
    Legs
    Feet
    Neck (unsure)
    Trinket
    Event Rings
    Gilded Riftstalker Crystal
    Seal (cheap) / Seal (expensive)
    Torvan Cape and Essences

Rune Guide
    Last edited by Scyd; 10-31-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Get Blazing Tough runes on your legs and shoulders and Auroral Adamant Runes on your melee weapons. This'll give you about 2k more health.

But with your health being that low, I expect the real problem is one or both of the following:

As a fresh 60, you probalby have weak essences in your planar focus. If you get to work on Lycini and Torvan, you can pick up some extremely powerful ones with around 85 endurance each. As a quick frame of reference, upgrading a single honored essence to a venerated essence will raise your health by around 1k, give or take. Maxing out your core is a big deal.

Also, you might be using the wrong spec. Make sure it's 61 Riftstalker/8 Ranger/7 Bard.
    I believe I'm using level 60 blue essences (no greater ones) that have roughly 60 endurance each. (I'll double check when I get home) I'll also need to purchase the plans for the Blazing Tough Rune and Auroral Adamant Rune, and I'll make sure to start picking up rep for Lycini.

I'm using that spec.
    Last edited by Demonic240; 10-31-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Scyd View Post
    List of BiS expert gear:
    Main
    Offhand
    Ranged
    Helmet
    Shoulders
    Chest
    Gloves
    Belt (unsure)
    Legs
    Feet
    Neck (unsure)
    Trinket
    Event Rings
    Gilded Riftstalker Crystal
    Seal (cheap) / Seal (expensive)
    Torvan Cape and Essences

Rune Guide
    Thanks for the list! I've successfully tanked Twisted Fey Realm, so I should be able to acquire gear from any other expert. What are the event rings? (I've been thinking about purchasing the epic crafted rings.)

Plane Walker

Thanks for the list! I've successfully tanked Twisted Fey Realm, so I should be able to acquire gear from any other expert. What are the event rings? (I've been thinking about purchasing the epic crafted rings.)
    I'm sorry, seems that crafted rings are indeed better. The rings I was talking about are from Summerfest event and the current Autumn Harvest event. I'm not sure of the stats of the Summerfest ring, but I know it's better than the current one.
    Last edited by Scyd; 10-31-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Scyd View Post
    I'm sorry, seems that crafted rings are indeed better.
    I should get that augment as well before I make them... jeebus. Also.. would it be wise to buy the augment and make another tank belt? (I'm currently using the crafted epic tank belt w/o an augment)
    Last edited by Demonic240; 10-31-2013 at 08:29 AM.

With the new Marvelous augments, the value of some crafted gear has really increased, for example this weapon or this helmet.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by yshara View Post
    With the new Marvelous augments, the value of some crafted gear has really increased, for example this weapon or this helmet.
    Helm requires gems to purchase the recipe, and that dagger requires raid mats

Are augments soulbound when created or can they be sold/purchased in the AH?

Didn't say you have to craft it yourself! I made two of the daggers for someone just this morning. But if you want to do it yourself, the recipe can be gifted in exchange for plat, and the raid mats are drops which can be purchased on the AH or in /trade.

Augments can be sold and purchased on the AH, there is a category for them under the Crafting tab if I remember.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by yshara View Post
    Didn't say you have to craft it yourself! I made two of the daggers for someone just this morning. But if you want to do it yourself, the recipe can be gifted in exchange for plat, and the raid mats are drops which can be purchased on the AH or in /trade.

Augments can be sold and purchased on the AH, there is a category for them under the Crafting tab if I remember.
    Out of curiosity, what would the going price be for those daggers with the augments? (And I didn't even think about paying for a gifted recipe!) I was also under the impression that the raid mats would Bound on Pickup.

Out of curiosity, what would the going price be for those daggers with the augments? (And I didn't even think about paying for a gifted recipe!) I was also under the impression that the raid mats would Bound on Pickup.
    I've never sold one made up but had people bring their own mats, so can't answer that directly.

It won't be cheap though. The biggest part is Soul of the Dead which drops from a 20 man raid and normally goes for around 4500 plat on my server. The other raid mats are much cheaper but still a couple of hundred plat, and then the vendor materials would be another couple of hundred on top of that.

So I'd guess 6,000 platinum minimum if you were buying one ready made rather than bringing the mats, but like I say it would all depend on your server. If you're on a quiet server without much of a raid scene then it will be significantly higher as the mats won't be available.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast