+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Physician 3.0.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default Physician 3.0.

    Some guildies are saying its no longer a single target tank healer, but changed into an AE raid healer, confirm or deny?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  2. #2
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Some guildies are saying its no longer a single target tank healer, but changed into an AE raid healer, confirm or deny?
    Doubt it, plus I think Muspel just answered this question a few hours ago.

    Really, if you think about it it'd be pointless, it'd be so much easier to just rework tact as a raid healer.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Some guildies are saying its no longer a single target tank healer, but changed into an AE raid healer, confirm or deny?
    They're full of it. Physician is still an ST healer.

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara Fiskerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    Do you know if the devs plan on reworking tactician into a raid healer?
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

    I'm a homeless stray of a raider

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Do you know if the devs plan on reworking tactician into a raid healer?
    I have no idea, but I doubt it.

    There is a Physician/Tactician hybrid spec that can do passable AoE heals (via Curative Torrent and other Tactician abilities), but it lacks significant burst healing. There's no way you'd use it to replace an actual AoE healer like Warden or Liberator.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-30-2013 at 09:38 AM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I have no idea, but I doubt it.

    There is a Physician/Tactician hybrid spec that can do passable AoE heals (via Curative Torrent and other Tactician abilities), but it lacks significant burst healing. There's no way you'd use it to replace an actual AoE healer like Warden or Liberator.
    Has anyone tested Physican/Bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Has anyone tested Physican/Bard?
    Yes, it's been tested.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Physician's existence should cause changes to Tactician I would think. Obviously the leaks are probably not accurate but I would think having a heal combo point builder very low in Physician (leak had it at 8 points) would kinda invalidate the point of something like restorative bolt being so incredibly deep in the tact roots (58!) among other things.

    Personally I would love to see Tact become a raid healing soul! lol.

  9. #9
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyudo View Post
    Physician's existence should cause changes to Tactician I would think. Obviously the leaks are probably not accurate but I would think having a heal combo point builder very low in Physician (leak had it at 8 points) would kinda invalidate the point of something like restorative bolt being so incredibly deep in the tact roots (58!) among other things.

    Personally I would love to see Tact become a raid healing soul! lol.
    Restorative Bolt can proc Restorative Engine. Active Treatment cannot.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Physican better be able to keep up burst damage targets, or i'm gonna be very disappointed, plus it needs to have at least one or two heal over time abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    If you were looking to aoe heal in any fashion with the addition of Physician would you consider going deep enough into tact to pick up restorative bolt since it can proc restorative engine? It seems like it would be more effective to go deeper into Physician than 18 points for that purpose, so will that bonus really justify it being 58 points deep in tact?

    Can you comment on the soul gift bonus? as there is some of variation there with current healing souls.

  12. #12
    General of Telara spowers454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    913

    Default

    I would say its safe to assume its gift would be 1% per point like any other healing soul gets. Kinda feeling pretty meh about the soul. It seems like an alternative to a sent cleric healing soul which is only used in pvp. Whoot new pvp soul blah. I dont have the soul just taking a shot from what ive seen.

  13. #13
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Chloro is 1.25% heals per point
    Sent is 1% heal/absorb per point
    Warden is 1% heal/absorb and .5% damage per point
    Defiler I think released with 1% damage and healing per point
    (calc says its now an offensive soul with 1% damage .5% heal/absorb though)

    Was mainly curious if like Chloro they boosted it to further emphasize each point into the tree and if we get any damage bonus going into the tree at all.

    I'm exceedingly excited for the Physician soul personally.

    Sticking to very general questions, based on Spowers expressed concern, Muspel given your choice of an ideal raid line up would you include a Physician currently?

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer Muspel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Karyudo View Post
    Was mainly curious if like Chloro they boosted it to further emphasize each point into the tree and if we get any damage bonus going into the tree at all
    Chloro is 1.25% because clerics are able to put all 76 points into a soul with healing gifts. Mages are not, thus the healing gift in their only healing soul is larger.

    It's the same reason that the rogue tanking gift is stronger than the warrior one. (The cleric one is not, but they're compensated by having access to Thick Skinned in Shaman, which is the strongest subsoul talent in the game for tanking.)

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer Soulshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I have no idea, but I doubt it.

    There is a Physician/Tactician hybrid spec that can do passable AoE heals (via Curative Torrent and other Tactician abilities), but it lacks significant burst healing. There's no way you'd use it to replace an actual AoE healer like Warden or Liberator.
    Maybe I`m wrong, but Curative Torrent itself is pretty much a consistent 20 man burst heal....but it is restricted by it`s position requirement for the raid.
    Sure it has nothing like wave of renewal or Monsoon, but still best spammable aoe heal in game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts