+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Crucia fights & Bards......

Ascendant

Default Crucia fights & Bards......

Simply asked:

- which Bard is being used on this fight these days?

61 Bard...because anything else is worse
    Quite@Typhiria
    -GreatWhiteNinja- he was right after all -
    61 Dominator Guide
    Nightmare rifts - An indepth guide to reach stage 300

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nynja View Post
    61 Bard...because anything else is worse
    Thanks, its what I thought these days, but you know how folks still focus back on that other build.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    Thanks, its what I thought these days, but you know how folks still focus back on that other build.....
    i repeat it dozen times, it was very good when there was the double tick bug...

its still ok on maybe 2 bosses...
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

Care to elaborate on that 61 bard statement. There is no way it will reach similar hps numbers to the bard/tact hybrid so what makes you think it's better? The raid dps cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacria View Post
    Care to elaborate on that 61 bard statement. There is no way it will reach similar hps numbers to the bard/tact hybrid so what makes you think it's better? The raid dps cooldown?
    First off, it's vital that you understand that Bards are not brought to raids for their healing. They're brought because they drastically amplify the raid's DPS via buffs.

Secondly, Tact/Bard's healing is terrible. Yes, it looks impressive on the meters, but it's important to understand the nature of that healing: it's all "trickle healing", meaning that it comes in very small amounts. Thus, what actually happens is that you snipe healing from the actual healers every time raid damage happens, and then when they actually top the raid off a fraction of a second later, all you've done is increase the amount of overhealing that they're doing. If you drop a Tact/Bard for a 61 Bard, the healing of the actual raid healers will increase by the exact same amount of healing that you personally have lost, because all of those Tactician heals do not actually contribute anything useful.

Thirdly, Tact/Bard is incapable of providing significant burst healing, which is all that matters on Crucia. Orbital Strike is the entire reason that you need AoE HPS on that fight, and Tact/Bard has no way to push out any kind of significant numbers within a small window of time. The heavy lifting on the encounter is done primarily by Wardens, as they have the abilities and output to actually cope with it.

Finally, it seems that you're drastically underestimating the impact of Verse of Joy and Orchestra of the Planes. Giving them up is a massive DPS loss for the entire raid. And that doesn't even consider the personal DPS loss that comes from not having Harmonic Distortion, Verse of Agony, and Modulation.

TL;DR: Tact/Bard is a terrible spec that should pretty much never be used. The only time when it's worthwhile is when switching from 61 Bard to Tact/Bard allows you to replace a full-fledged healer with a DPS. This never happens in 20-man raids, and even in 10-mans it's very rare.

Use Tact/Bard on Jultharin, and on Kain if you want the fight to take longer. Otherwise don't bother.

Ascendant

Thank you Muspel and TheGrinnz - now if only more Guild Leaders and Raid Leaders would read this and leave Bards do what Bards KNOW HOW to do.

And every other new Bard would forget the old Tact/Bard build...........

Ascendant

Thank you Muspel and TheGrinnz - now if only more Guild Leaders and Raid Leaders would read this and leave Bards do what Bards KNOW HOW to do.

Champion

I wouldn't just say it's the raid leader's fault

I've seen far too many people think that hps = good. It's gotten to the point that I don't know what to say to people anymore that ask me how you determine if you're a good healer. If they need to ask they obviously don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post

and´what about me ? :/
    Quite@Typhiria
    61 Dominator Guide

xxs
    Plane Touched

I'd rather have 20 points in assassin for the poison (54/20/2mm)than tactician... or 24 points in MM (48/24/4rs)for an extra interrupt, that's for 10man.
    For 20man 61points is a no brainer.

Get rid of Tact/Bard specc, use that soul combo for a more useful build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    I'd rather have 20 points in assassin for the poison (54/20/2mm)than tactician... or 24 points in MM (48/24/4rs)for an extra interrupt, that's for 10man.
    For 20man 61points is a no brainer.
    61 bard/12 bladedancer/ 3 nb or rs for that interrupt :P
    #casual

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeirdOne View Post
    I wouldn't just say it's the raid leader's fault

I've seen far too many people think that hps = good. It's gotten to the point that I don't know what to say to people anymore that ask me how you determine if you're a good healer. If they need to ask they obviously don't understand.
    This is a widespread issue. HPS is not a useful comparison tool, it is only useful as a diagnostic tool to figure out why people are dying or whether you can switch healers for DPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast