+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Few Questions

Default Few Questions

I am maining a rogue tank(ranger bard thing on the sides) and I got a few questions.

1. What stats should i focus on? Also is it ok if their is str and dex on the same gear?

2. Should I buy like another soul tree thingy for pvp?(I was thinking somesort of dps) I noticed that i am not really killing anything...
    YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMING

Everything you need to know and more about Rogue tanking can be found in the Rogue tanking guide.

Huh...who would have thought that answers to Rogue tanking questions could be found in a guide all about Rogue tanking? It's almost like you could have answered this question all on your own with just a little bit of effort...
    Yes you should absolutely buy another role. Rift is not like most other MMOs where you stick with one spec all the time. We are allowed to have so many different specs at the same time because Rift's biggest selling point is its class customization. Even for tanking there are half a dozen specialized Riftstalker specs that can and should be used for certain situations. So yes, you should buy another spec and make it DPS or Support even if you decide not to PvP because you never know when you may have to switch out of tank.

Just to really drive that point home: Rift is not a game for people who only want to use one spec forever and ever. If you are only interested in tanking and want to focus almost solely on tanking then that's fine, but you can and should always have a backup spec in case someone else needs to take over.

Specifically you asked for PvP DPS specs. I gave you the guide for Rogue tanking so you can head over to the Guides section and put out some of your own effort finding a PvP spec that suits your playstyle.
    Last edited by takadox; 10-25-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by takadox View Post
    Even for tanking there are half a dozen specialized Riftstalker specs that can and should be used for certain situations.
    This is actually untrue. There's only one tank spec that's worth using.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    This is actually untrue. There's only one tank spec that's worth using in progression raids.
    FTFY

If I didn't have 10 other slots designated for other roles, I'd build myself a couple other tank slots:
    - RS/Tact hybrid that uses the guardian phase to increase the threat generated by my torrents, and more effectively pull ranged groups of mobs to me. Good for things like the crater and hive dailies (yes you can do them without tanks, but it really makes it easier for organized groups)
    - Avoidance focused RS for RoTF. With all those adds, having that additional dodge/parry could really help. And who couldn't use another CD with sidestep.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    - RS/Tact hybrid that uses the guardian phase to increase the threat generated by my torrents, and more effectively pull ranged groups of mobs to me. Good for things like the crater and hive dailies (yes you can do them without tanks, but it really makes it easier for organized groups)
    Being a better tank for situations where you don't need a tank is... well... I think that says it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    - Avoidance focused RS for RoTF. With all those adds, having that additional dodge/parry could really help. And who couldn't use another CD with sidestep.
    If you aren't well-geared, then Bard/Ranger is better. If you are well-geared, then you don't need a specialized spec.

Quote Originally Posted by takadox View Post
    Everything you need to know and more about Rogue tanking can be found in the Rogue tanking guide.

Huh...who would have thought that answers to Rogue tanking questions could be found in a guide all about Rogue tanking? It's almost like you could have answered this question all on your own with just a little bit of effort...

.[/INDENT]
    oh lol sorry... i actually looked at that guide but I somehow missed the stats section...
    YOU GOT ANOTHER THING COMING

+ Reply to Thread