+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Maybe itīs time to nerf assassin soul for once trion.

Soulwalker

Default Maybe itīs time to nerf assassin soul for once trion.

All these recent buffs to the rogue class has made it even more op,now its getting ridiclious,all the bleeds,slow downs,assassin deals more dmg with rng attacks than my pyromancer mage does now,itīs not cool anymore,theres been like 7 buffs to the assassin soul in couple months,and no buffs to any other class if i remember right?

Probably gonna get flamed by rogues,but o well.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Besides trolling part, what kind of specific nerf and context do you stipulate?
    Be more precise pve or pvp at the least.
    There was a recent pvp nerf (quite significant) and in pve assassin needs help - it's melee and the only single class that has position requirements.
    As for pyromancer, you have quite a ton of utility and 35m range, perhaps you wish your class made stronger but I still can't get your beef w/ the assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Shely View Post
    theres been like 7 buffs to the assassin soul in couple months,and no buffs to any other class if i remember right?.
    As a Mage main, I have to say that you clearly don't have any real knowledge of other classes.

Mages received awesome buffs in 2.3, bringing Harb to near OP heights and giving Necro the chance to shine in PvE. Pyro was also buffed, bringing Fulminate back to the PvE scene and allowing things like Life Leech to become part of the rotation.

Cleric Shaman was also nicely buffed and Trion finally made Puri more than just a shieldbot.

NB, Ranger, MM, BD, and Tact also received some very nice buffs in the last two patches (and more are coming in the next patch).

----

Personally I don't care much for Assassin, but the facts still remain: Assassin is a melee spec. As such it is supposed to do more damage than ranged specs (like Pyro) because ranged souls only have to deal with a fraction of the mechanics that melee souls do. If melee and ranged did the same amount of DPS then there would be no reason for anyone to ever play melee. Assassin goes even farther into this ideal by being the only melee that has to be behind the boss in order to do maximum DPS. Assassin also has absolutely zero AoE abilities and is only a little better than Bladedancer when it comes to melee disconnects. So given all of those shortcomings it is entirely acceptable that Assassin does slightly (and it really is only SLIGHTLY) more DPS than SOME other souls (A properly played Harb/Para/Shaman can still out-DPS an Assassin).

From a PvP perspective, how do you possibly think that Assassin is more OP than Harb? Harb has a short term invis, 2 stuns on short cooldowns, 3 survivability abilities, awesome AoE, 3 DoTs, the option to spec into awesome heals without losing much DPS, the ability to ST DPS two targets at the same time, 50% uptime on being able to use melee attacks at ranged, two charges, and amazing burst potential.

I'm not saying Assassin is a wet noodle compared to Harb, but there is absolutely no way that it is OP in comparison to what other souls can do.

Learn how to play Mage before you QQ about other classes doing better than you. And next time get your facts straight before you ignorantly troll.
    Last edited by takadox; 10-25-2013 at 07:00 AM.

If you purge an assassin, their damage output will drop by 50% or more. You can also use cone AoEs (IE Crossfire or Storm Torrent) to tag them while they're in stealth and either knock them out immediately or start the timer on Hidden Veil.

Soulwalker

theres been like 7 buffs to the assassin soul in couple months,and no buffs to any other class
    Seriously? /facepalm
    Last edited by Brumak; 10-25-2013 at 08:55 AM.

Telaran

assassin deals more dmg with rng attacks than my pyromancer mage does now -- theres been like 7 buffs to the assassin soul in couple months,and no buffs to any other class if i remember right?

HAHA

Champion

The day people realize that pve > pvp (In terms of balance priority) is the die from surprise.
    Last edited by TheWeirdOne; 10-26-2013 at 05:08 AM.

assassin deals more dmg with rng attacks than my pyromancer mage does now

Lmao... L2P. pyro has sick ranged dmg and great burst. IF a sin is swift shotting you to death then you are doing something really wrong

Telaran

All these recent buffs to the rogue class has made it even more op,now its getting ridiclious,all the bleeds,slow downs,assassin deals more dmg with rng attacks than my pyromancer mage does now,itīs not cool anymore,theres been like 7 buffs to the assassin soul in couple months,and no buffs to any other class if i remember right?

Have you looked at PTS? i guess not.... Have u looked at Raid parses? I'd assume not? have you seen Assassins used in team fights within PvP? I guess not..

YES! WE CAN 1V1 GUYS, AND WE CAN WIN!...

Such a amazing feat considering we actually suck at the Objective of PvP which in rift is Group PvP im sorry, but Rogues die before they do anything in group fights they fall over dead, the only time Assassins have killed me (I have every calling to 60) is in 1v1s which dont mean anything, Pyromancers are WAY higher DPS in ranged.... we have a Spammable swift shot... which is no stronger then Warriors Spammable Pulse...

I have a Mage and tbh Mages are stronger in PvP then Rogues.... Rift pvp is group pvp... comparing 1v1 Is nothing cause our pvp isnt about 1v1s its about group fights and im sorry but assassins arnt used for group fights their Pure ST and are only strong during their initation.

Im sorry but your issues are down to L2P, Mages are 1 mess up and your dead... thats just how they work... and ur clearly messing up if ur caught alone by a rogue.

People like you running around for 1v1 status make me laugh so hard, cause if ur 1v1ing u arnt even pvping correctly and you arnt even helping your team.
    Last edited by Ethinu; 10-26-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Champion

Oh I get it! the extent of your experience is dueling only.

Do you play Assassin? Have you ever played Assassin?

In PvE its not used, probably for good reason.

In PvP its rarely used, for good reason. Unless you've mastered it, you're gonna have a bad time.

Its fine how it is.
    The only way that someone from Cluster 2 is actually as bad as you all say is if they started playing this game in 2.3 (Free to Play launch).

Proud officer and Mage class lead of <Zombies>

Quote Originally Posted by Fragasm View Post
    What are you talking about?

Relax...everything will be fine once we ALL get a heal spec thing will be more balanced like never before!

/sarcasm off
    Last edited by Stahker; 10-26-2013 at 08:21 AM.
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

Plane Touched

Its fine how it is.
    lol, what

/10char

In PvP its rarely used, for good reason. Unless you've mastered it, you're gonna have a bad time.

Its fine how it is.
    Do YOU play Assassin? Do you even pay attention to what other Rogues are using? The only people not using Assassin in PvE are the baddies.

In PvE it is the Rogue's top DPS spec, and because a large amount of it's damage comes from DoTs it can deal moderately well with melee disconnects (not as well as some other classes but its still not as helpless as BD).

Assassin can be, should be, and generally is used on any melee friendly fight that does not require the Rogue to spec MM for purges/interrupts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast