+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best PvP runner/carrier build?

Default Best PvP runner/carrier build?

What's currently the best PvP stone runner / flag carrier build for Rogues?

Marksman, since you can use Retreat while holding stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Marksman, since you can use Retreat while holding stones.
    And then proceed to die before taking another 5 steps.

It depends. If it's to carry stones underfire, I'ld actually recommend the traditional 40-44/32-36 NB/RS.

Basically it gives you a CD that works, while holding the objective, gives you mem capture, for scion and blinking into the church through the wall, also giving you access to the ports from RS, including the second break free, and planar refuge, while making yourself semi-formidable to jumb for the roaming assassin, as you can stall with rift prison quite successfully.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 10-25-2013 at 12:07 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    And then proceed to die before taking another 5 steps.
    Not if you're using the right spec.

Can you elaborate on what the right spec would be? I just came back to the game and I'm trying to figure out the various specs. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonspikez View Post
    Can you elaborate on what the right spec would be? I just came back to the game and I'm trying to figure out the various specs. Thanks.
    For flag carrying, it depends. I'd say 61 Marksman/11RS/4 Tactician. This gives you a decent chunk of survivability without giving up much DPS or utility.

You can drop some points out of Marksman and put them into Riftstalker if you want to be tankier, but this makes you pretty much useless for anything other than holding the flag. And a spec that's dedicated to flag carrying and nothing else is generally not worth it.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-25-2013 at 10:17 AM.

Considering single assassin/inq/mm/pyros can drop 35k hp in about 7-10 seconds, the added hp from an RS/bard subsoul selection isn't going to help as much as a sub into actual CDs such as TT and PR would.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 10-25-2013 at 11:52 PM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

i would say NB/RS is my favo for carrier
    over 39k hp and around 4 big survive cooldowns + inturpt and very good dps to kill ppl (use RS crystal when carrying)

sometimes i run solo from stealing stone in whitefall against 5 to 6 ppl and i still make it to our base boarders then i get heals or pop some potions and win !!

im not in favor of using mm to carry just cause thers just no way a marksman can steal stone and survivr anykind of heavy fire!

Telaran

If youre not worried about dps id go 40/32/4 mm/rs/bard. You get double retreat from mm for carrying plus all speed procs, all the ports including memory capture to make it easier to get the stone from rs and extra hp from bard.

Just put all points in rs and bard into survivability or hp. skip dps stuff and you end up with a tank on skates.
    ~wheeelz@seastone
    <cult>

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    i would say NB/RS is my favo for carrier
    over 39k hp and around 4 big survive cooldowns + inturpt and very good dps to kill ppl (use RS crystal when carrying)
    Would the Granpa PvE solo/farming build do ok in this role? even if it's not ideal, as long as it's close enough it'd be great if a single role like this could fill two purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonspikez View Post
    Would the Granpa PvE solo/farming build do ok in this role? even if it's not ideal, as long as it's close enough it'd be great if a single role like this could fill two purposes.
    The necessities are 40NB/32RS, the extra 4 can go into tact as he chose, or RS for more hp/little more damage or NB for ToD.

Plane Touched

a spec that's dedicated to flag carrying and nothing else is generally not worth it.
    Probably true, but that doesn't answer the question.

Most move-fast abilities don't work while you're a carrier (porting drops the flag, Anthem of Competence is turned off, etc).

If your only interest is carrying a flag/rune/fang/etc, you want abilities that increase the healing you receive, diminish the attacker's ability to damage you, and break CC.

Consider something like this:
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#A.../v8G/tmGA9ia2y

Lots of points in RS for a meaningful increase in endurance and damage reduction, bard gives you better healing and slightly improved res/armor, and MM makes On the Double useful as well as subduing attackers (repelling, static).

Or just go full RS so you have tons of CDs to reduce damage.

The problem with a spec like this is that it's not very good for the rest of PvP. It's not gonna kill enemies, heal friendlies, etc.

And if you're going to PvP you'll probably want to random queue so you can get the bonus XP/PAXP/Favor/Prestige/Marks, in which case this spec would be completely useless for half the maps.

+ Reply to Thread