+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Coming back to pvp

Shadowlander

Default Coming back to pvp

It's been awhile, several months now. What specs are best for cq, wf's and duels now ? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Daxeon View Post
    It's been awhile, several months now. What specs are best for cq, wf's and duels now ? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

For cqs, I'ld recommend some sort of tact/MM hybrid or a sab build of some description.

For wfs, 61 MM or 61 sin

For dueling, your kinda boned here, as rogues are relatively weak in duels atm, but I'ld say a sin/rs hybrid of some sort, or a 58-61 NB of some sort.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Quote Originally Posted by WhozDat View Post
    For cqs, I'ld recommend some sort of tact/MM hybrid or a sab build of some description.

For wfs, 61 MM or 61 sin

For dueling, your kinda boned here, as rogues are relatively weak in duels atm, but I'ld say a sin/rs hybrid of some sort, or a 58-61 NB of some sort.
    61 was is pretty fun for duels. Just kinda lol around for a min see if you can get them to blow breakfree quick and the sec they can be stunned or rooted again d2d lf sod dd tod and bs them like mad. Had a high ranked cleric challenge me to a duel the other day and was in lazy mode so i didnt swap out of my pve build and was pretty shocked how quick it could drop some1.
    Last edited by spowers454; 10-24-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Prophet of Telara

For wfs, 61 MM or 61 sin

Geared 61 sins opening from stealth blow up anyone 1v1 except a good charb mage or necro/dom.

dunno wtf u talking about any good rogue that knows how to use Sin will destroy anyone other than a mage 1v1.

INQ is not the 1v1 god it used to be. Good shaman 1v1 are harder for rogues then a LOL INQ

Telaran

hell, just pop into any WF, rogues are like a nasty disease atm..... just target them and most of them have some sort of sin spec

Quote Originally Posted by drumondel View Post
    hell, just pop into any WF, rogues are like a nasty disease atm..... just target them and most of them have some sort of sin spec
    I don't use Sin. Cookie cutters are used to make cookies, not Rogues

or do I...hmmm
    Last edited by Survious; 10-24-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: maybe I do, maybe I don't

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Geared 61 sins opening from stealth blow up anyone 1v1 except a good charb mage or necro/dom.

dunno wtf u talking about any good rogue that knows how to use Sin will destroy anyone other than a mage 1v1.

INQ is not the 1v1 god it used to be. Good shaman 1v1 are harder for rogues then a LOL INQ
    And then you woke up and realized that inq hits almost as hard as rogue over time, with basically immunity to cc, a 50-100% heal, more damage over time then a rogue, is ranged, and has better CC then the rogue does.

Oh and make sure to remember the fact that they purge you, which means you lose entire gcd of time to rebuffing, or lost 45% of your damage overall, and completely go energy starved.

A good inq will faceroll you. It isn't my fault that good inqs are scarce.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 10-25-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

And then you woke up and realized that inq hits almost as hard as rogue over time, with basically immunity to cc, a 50-100% heal, more damage over time then a rogue, is ranged, and has better CC then the rogue does.

Oh and make sure to remember the fact that they purge you, which means you lose entire gcd of time to rebuffing, or lost 45% of your damage overall, and completely go energy starved.

A good inq will faceroll you. It isn't my fault that good inqs are scarce.
    What is the 50-100% heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Virchow View Post
    What is the 50-100% heal?
    Judicial privilege, reset, repeat.

Each one is a 50% heal
    Last edited by WhozDat; 10-26-2013 at 08:35 PM.

For wfs, 61 MM or 61 sin

I've tried the sin/rs combo which does work well, but the dps output is a lot lower than the NB/rs combo and the hps is also lower than this build. Plus they can purge you as a sin/rs, and kite you. As nb/rs twilight force is a spammable slow that allows you to catch up if a blink is on CD. IMO nb/rs is a far superior build, and I haven't lost a duel on it yet.
    Last edited by Briskey; 11-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Has anyone tried 61 Sin / 11 RS / 4 Tact? Its pretty beastly with Vampiric Essence weapon enchants, can handle Inquisitors too. And everyone has access to cleanse soul ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Briskey View Post
    I've tried the sin/rs combo which does work well, but the dps output is a lot lower than the NB/rs combo and the hps is also lower than this build. Plus they can purge you as a sin/rs, and kite you. As nb/rs twilight force is a spammable slow that allows you to catch up if a blink is on CD. IMO nb/rs is a far superior build, and I haven't lost a duel on it yet.
    The sin/RS mix was nerfed heavily when they nerfed EW, which was a ~400 dps loss in pvp, which was huge.

It still does more damage then the NB/RS unless your both really bad at sin, and really good with NB/RS, and the slow point is irrelevant, as sin/rs passively applies a 30% slow on every attack it has, with the same blinks available, and vastly superior burst and CC.

NB/RS may be a better duel spec, due to TT, but saying NB/RS is a superior spec is irrelevant in a lot of circumstances, as the build is absolute trash outside of everything but duels

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Has anyone tried 61 Sin / 11 RS / 4 Tact? Its pretty beastly with Vampiric Essence weapon enchants, can handle Inquisitors too. And everyone has access to cleanse soul ya?
    A equal skilled inq will still walk you into the ground, it's got comparable dps output, but it comes down to them having a CC break and sin not having one, and the fact that inq has a purge as well
    Last edited by WhozDat; 11-01-2013 at 02:00 PM.

61 nb sucks

Soulwalker

all Rogue classes in pvp that is dueling build suck horrible.. Sab has great Aoe in a crowded bunch and Bards are always nice for crowded stuff but to use a bard to tank or defend yourself you will get owned by anyone.. Rank 80 Sin or NB will get owned by a Rank 50 1v1 char with ease.. Most on here will disagree or say how great they are and that will never happen to them but I tell you this now.. they not being very honest with you..

I have seen posts where people have cried about a Sin's backstab or Jagged strike being OPd but try that on a cleric or warrior... they will laugh at you...

Quote Originally Posted by Charl123 View Post
    I have seen posts where people have cried about a Sin's backstab
    I've seen posts where people have claimed a Warlord geared Sin has been killed 1v1 by someone in Freelancer.

Lots of crazy people out there.
    Last edited by Fudily; 11-10-2013 at 03:06 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast