+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: NB/Sin or Just 61NB

Rift Disciple

Default NB/Sin or Just 61NB

I've read a lot of stuff about NB/Sin, some that seems to suggest using it, others that says its dead. Personally, I have not tried NB/Sin, but do run a 61NB spec (rarely, because I prefer Sin and Ranger over NB).

So I have a few questions:

1. Which is the better spec, 61NB or NB/Sin?

2. If NB/Sin is a dead spec, when did that happen and what nerf caused its demise?

3. Which (if either) should be used for Regulos? If you believe that neither should be used, can you recommend one?

Thanks in advance.

We play 61 sin, but if you are unfamiliar with such, then out of those 2 specs it has to be 61 NB.

Aubree / Aubwolo - Typhiria - EU
    3/3 Infinity Gate - 4/5 Planebreaker Bastion

1. 61 NB, generally speaking. It does more DPS. The only reason to use NB/Sin was when you needed to apply Lethal Poison in an AoE. I'm pretty sure that nowadays, Champion can do better DPS than NB/Sin while providing the same debuff.

2. NB/Sin basically filled the role of providing solid ST and AoE in the same spec, because Bladedancer and Nightblade were both terrible. They've since been buffed significantly. Also, Flame Blitz's ability to spread Fiery Spike was nerfed to be based on combo points (rather than having a 100% chance even at 1CP). Since NB/Sin was only used when you needed to AoE, nerfing its AoE made the spec not really worthwhile. I don't really see this as a loss, though, since I never liked NB/Sin.

3. Neither. I'd say to use Bladedancer.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-24-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    3. Neither. I'd say to use Bladedancer.
    I assume you mean "after the buff goes live" but really? you think cleaving the eyes & spines makes up for all the disconnects? have you done it or is this a napkin estimate

Quote Originally Posted by zartosht View Post
    I assume you mean "after the buff goes live" but really? you think cleaving the eyes & spines makes up for all the disconnects? have you done it or is this a napkin estimate
    You only disconnect from the boss two times in the whole encounter (I don't count running to the portals, since he's immune to damage at that point in time).

Plane Touched

You only disconnect from the boss two times in the whole encounter (I don't count running to the portals, since he's immune to damage at that point in time).
    then I take it you're healing through the crashes. op probably can't.

then I take it you're healing through the crashes. op probably can't.
    Crashes are not about healing, they're about how much health you have.

Plane Touched

Crashes are not about healing, they're about how much health you have.
    yes I know, whatever; you're eating them and op probably can't safely do that

Anyone with gear that isn't completely terrible and access to a feast, health potion, and endurance runes, even a rudimentary endurance seal, can safely do that, especially if the raid makes use of cooldowns designed for such mechanics.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-24-2013 at 08:46 AM.

Rift Disciple

We eat the crashes as well. Health is not an issue.

The problem that we have in our run is a lack of ranged DPS. I have only used Ranger on Regulos because we typically need folks to hit the eyes, and felt more comfortable with Ranger, at that time. I had not tried NB yet, which got me thinking about the seemingly inconsistent threads I have read about NB (61 NB vs NB/Sin).

I recently rolled my rogue, which ended up becoming my main, a few months ago, and have not played with a BD spec yet, mainly because of the bad press it receives. I presume that in BD, you cannot reach the ranged two eyes, is that correct? That may be a deal breaker in my case since we typically have 2-3 people willing or able to play a ranged spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrodon View Post
    I've read a lot of stuff about NB/Sin, some that seems to suggest using it, others that says its dead. Personally, I have not tried NB/Sin, but do run a 61NB spec (rarely, because I prefer Sin and Ranger over NB).

So I have a few questions:

1. Which is the better spec, 61NB or NB/Sin?

2. If NB/Sin is a dead spec, when did that happen and what nerf caused its demise?

3. Which (if either) should be used for Regulos? If you believe that neither should be used, can you recommend one?

Thanks in advance.
    1. NB/Sin was mainly used for spreading AoE Lethal and for Kain because the AoE reduction didn't effect the fiery spike spread. It was actually one of my favorite specs because it was so easy to use and it had good Single Target and AoE. Now that they took away the fiery spike spread, it is near useless. Between the two NB is better but NB isn't optimal for anything really due to the ramp up time.

2. NB/Sin's fiery spike 1 combo point spreads nerf that happened only a couple patches ago caused the demise. Before you could just do 1 combo point finishers and spread it to all adds. Now you have to build up 5 combo points which makes the ramp up time too long.

3. On Regulos there are 3 DPS specs that I believe are optimal. They all depend on your raid composition. It is good to just pick whatever your guild needs so you can help down the boss.

*Bladedancer - I would use this most of the time especially if group has trouble with bottom eyes. It has good on demand AoE and still good Single Target. It has horrible disconnects but other than spines and tenticles you should beable to dps fully at all times. Provides 5% extra crit debuff too.

*Assassin - I run this in my current group because they just melt the melee eyes so fast. The single target dps will be much higher and more effective especially since other classes can cleave better than us so I let them handle melee eyes. Plus Assassin can help with range eyes and spines to an extent because the range dps from poison procs is decent. Also provides 5% crit debuff and can also apply it to spines.

*Ranger - I only really run this is the group has a hard time killing top eyes and Spines. It is still really good dps though.

If im with a solid group i run bd on reggie. Aoe everything parse pad off adds spi es and eyes which you can normally jump and hit with aoes whatever just for lols. If i. With a group i dont trust as much ill go 61 nb to help with eyes and spines.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by keonn View Post
    1. NB/Sin was mainly used for spreading AoE Lethal and for Kain because the AoE reduction didn't effect the fiery spike spread. It was actually one of my favorite specs because it was so easy to use and it had good Single Target and AoE. Now that they took away the fiery spike spread, it is near useless. Between the two NB is better but NB isn't optimal for anything really due to the ramp up time.
    I have been frustrated with 61NB to the point that I really don't use it except for PVP. But the comments that have been raised in this thread have been very helpful. So much so that I intend on purchasing a new roll this evening and getting a 61 BD spec made.

Also, @Muspel, thanks for the KAlert in the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrodon View Post
    But the comments that have been raised in this thread have been very helpful. So much so that I intend on purchasing a new roll this evening and getting a 61 BD spec made.
    Not sure where your at progression wise but if you have or will be starting ig you will be happy you did and so will your guildies

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Not sure where your at progression wise but if you have or will be starting ig you will be happy you did and so will your guildies
    Just at second boss in GA at the moment. I suspect that we will move to IG either this week or next, so I best get on that new specs. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast