+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel

Thread: Ranger pet dungeoneering

Default Ranger pet dungeoneering

So I've been doing pretty good with my Battle Bard template, but I decided to branch out recently, and started experimenting with one of the Ranger templates. I like it, but I've been taking a starting look at the Ranger soul tree and it leaves me wondering about one thing.

The razorbeast (boar) is said to be best for soloing as a tank, while the dire wolf is for PVP and the blood raptor is for dungeons. But my rogue is level 23 right now, and you need 30 points in the Ranger tree before you get the blood raptor.

So if I want to run a dungeon in my Ranger template before I reach that point, which pet do I use? From what I've seen, the razorbeast doesn't seem to have taunts or extra aggro builders, but I haven't looked so closely that I'm sure of that. And I've seen too many "WoW huntards" wiping groups left and right from a wild pet that rips aggro every which way but loose, and then turns it upon the poor healer.

Is the razorbeast viable as a dungeon pet pre-blood raptor, or should I use dire wolf? Or skip the pet altogether? (although, from what I've seen, a lot of ranger abilities grant extra pet attack power so I'm not sure how much that would hamper the ranger's full output.)

If you want to tell me to just stick with my Bard template as a support character in dungeons, well, please just remember the one arch-rule: Be nice to the n00bs

haha
    WTF = FTW spelled backward

Use the wolf in dungeons until you get the blood raptor. The razorbeast does less damage and may pull stuff off the tank, because it does have high threat abilities.

Thanks. I knew I hadn't studied the pet profile closely enough to go by what I saw on first look.
    WTF = FTW spelled backward

+ Reply to Thread