+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some updates for Rogues

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Some updates for Rogues

They are up on PTS. Just minor ones.

Assassin

Expose Weakness: Increases damage taken from the Rogue by 6%, up from 4%.

Nightblade

Nightrage: The effect triggered from Dusk to Dawn now increases the damage of Blazing Strike and Flame Thrust by 20%, up from 15%.

Heat Retention: Now increases damage done by 3%, up from 2%.

Enhanced Weapon Enchantments: Now increases the damage of weapon enchantments by 30-90%, up from 25-75%.

Bladedancer

Quick Reflexes: Now also increases the Attack Power and Weapon Damage contribution to your melee weapon attacks by 1-5%.

Improved Deadly Dance: Now increases the damage of your next 3 Combo Point generating attacks by 5-15% per Combo Point spent, up from 4-12%. This bonus applies onto to melee weapon attacks.

Dancing Steel: Now hits up to 8 enemy targets.

Hundred Blades: Now hits up to 8 enemy targets.

Ascendant

I think assassin will need a bit more buffs to keep up with paragon currently on pts

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    I think assassin will need a bit more buffs to keep up with paragon currently on pts
    Assassin needs more than a bit to stay competitive with paragon's non positional dps and phantom blades copy. Too much for him to buff it to what it needs. He either needs to dump phantom blades or give it to sin and dump sins positional restrictions while hes at it.

And bladedancer still needs its most glaring problem handled the 6m 0dps problem. Anything else added while that is still not addressed is fluff and doesn't matter, since the buffs won't be enough to compete with the semi-range and melee builds with dc abilities.
    Last edited by sancin; 10-18-2013 at 04:59 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Mathematically the assassin and NB changes are quite easy to estimate into dps. 61 Assassin is getting about 450 dps and 61 NB is getting about 650 dps buff. All the buffs affect NB/Sin spec too but that spec was performing so badly that these won't make it useful for anything.

I get the feeling that Ailion is too busy with warriors at the moment to address the fundamental issues of rogue specs so we just get a little bit of numbers tweaking here and there at least for now. But hopefully I'm wrong on that.

To many Rogues cry to much only because they are bad. . . Pushing buttons is hard.
    But on the other hand sure ill take a dps boost for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrazyKlown View Post
    To many Rogues cry to much only because they are bad. . . Pushing buttons is hard.
    Do you know the difference between to and too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Yes, do I care to have perfect grammar on a forum? Nope. You had no real retort, meaning no real thought. Bad Rogue?

Lol peeps are so quick to get mad. Rogues had a decent bit of changes now warrior are getting some. Even while he is working on warriors we are getting a few changes to bump us up. While i can agree there are plenty of rogue problems to address it had to start somewhere and all 3 of our melee specs getting dps adjusted seems like a great start.

Plane Touched

He more likely does. However he seems to have trouble grasping that non-posistional dps (everybody)> positional dps(assassin), or that dcs that drop your dps (all melee rogue builds)vs dcs that don't drop your dps (paragon/harb) is better.

But im sure if i mash my buttons hard enough in the right order that it will fix these problems. Becauase these problems don't effect melee balance in any way.

Sarcasm aside. I'm hoping that these are just little tweaks to get our builds in the right dps range so that true balance problems will be addressed soon and allow us to actually attain that dps.

Quote Originally Posted by sancin View Post
    He more likely does. However he seems to have trouble grasping that non-posistional dps (everybody)> positional dps(assassin), or that dcs that drop your dps (all melee rogue builds)vs dcs that don't drop your dps (paragon/harb) is better.
    so you want all you're melee specs to perform the same regardless? sounds like you want 1 melee spec instead of having specs based on situation which id prefer honestly

DC's always affect melee. Adjust to the situation of the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by spowers454 View Post
    Lol peeps are so quick to get mad. Rogues had a decent bit of changes now warrior are getting some. Even while he is working on warriors we are getting a few changes to bump us up. While i can agree there are plenty of rogue problems to address it had to start somewhere and all 3 of our melee specs getting dps adjusted seems like a great start.
    as long as they dont break us or them im happy lol

They should just get rid of backstab as an ability and replace it with something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

The only fights I see Rogues trail on are the straight burns. Goloch / Mini PBB are the only examples I have really as those are *pretty much* the best fights we can Sin on. We're at 36k/26k and Wars/Mages/Clerics (I don't know their builds), are around 40k/30k.
    Every other type of fight seems decently balanced.

And considering how much of a pain in the *** and how extremely situational Sin is, I'd prefer it to be the Top ST DPS spec in game.
    Last edited by Fudily; 10-18-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post
    The only fights I see Rogues trail on are the straight burns. Goloch / Mini PBB are the only examples I have really as those are *pretty much* the best fights we can Sin on. We're at 36k/26k and Wars/Mages/Clerics (I don't know their builds), are around 40k/30k.
    Every other type of fight seems decently balanced..
    If every other fight seems decently balanced then figure out how to sin for those fights.

If every other fight seems decently balanced then figure out how to sin for those fights.
    kk, I'll let you know how my Proteus Sin parse goes next week.

Those 40k AoE'ers don't stand a chance!
    Last edited by Fudily; 10-18-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast