+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ranged pvp

Soulwalker

Default ranged pvp

Hey all, I am wanting to do ranged pvp, i love the rogue class and especially the mm/ranger souls. The problem is I suck at pvp..lol. I am lvl 48 right now and I am trying to save up for the lvl 50 pvp bow which will help a ton. I do not have the best gear but it is not bad either. I am usually right in the middle for warfront dmg. I hardly get any killing blows and I tend to die a lot.

Why question for everyone here is, what tips can you give me to improve my game? Right now I am using a 47 mm / 10 assassin/ 6 ranger build. Is my build wrong? What shot rotation should I be using and what macro's should I have set up?

I appreciate any info you guys have to offer!

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

First thing to mention is that Silver-tipped is a huge boost for MM. That's almost essential to your damage. So that's something to look forward to.

The second thing is that you want to switch, for pvp, from the subsouls you have, to either 10 ranger/5 NB (Has stealth and a stun opener) or 10 ranger/5 RS (A rather large amount more HP, and very small damage sacrifice, no stealth).

Third, don't tank damage, ever. Your class isn't meant to, even with heals, you're very squishy, however exceptionally mobile. Use this to flank, move, and kite, that is how you survive as an MM.

Fourth, The lower level brackets are utterly dominated by pyros, it get's better at 60, at least for a rogue, as pyros/bursts don't 3 shot everyone.
    Last edited by WhozDat; 10-18-2013 at 07:47 AM.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Keynage View Post
    Why question for everyone here is, what tips can you give me to improve my game?
    When you get to level 60, just queue with me and watch.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    When you get to level 60, just queue with me and watch.
    Qued agains thiuss once. Eradicated him the whole match.

I'll take that trade.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

+ Reply to Thread