+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slight Change to Assassin

Default Slight Change to Assassin

I'm not sure if someone has made a thread addressing this issue i haven't looked. I say this with all seriousness, Assassin (being our top ST spec) should have an aoe ability or two just like all the other top ST classes. Here is my breakdown of things:

Clerics: Top ST is Shaman, Top parsing spec ingame ST, Very good Aoe, Interrupt, MANY ranged abilities.

Mages: Top ST is Harb, Pretty sure it parses higher then Sin, Interrupt, Very Decent Aoe, MANY ranged abilities.

Warrior: (I know very little about warriors) Top ST is Champ (i think :P), Idk if they have an interrupt, Looking at champ tree i see a **** ton of aoe abilities so i'm going to assume they have Decent Aoe even if its not high up there with shaman. Even though Champ is top ST, Most fight in IG/PBB from what ive seen have tons of adds so warriors just run RB that has redonculous aoe and ST. As for ranged abilities idk about Champ but i do know RB has tons.

Rogues: Top ST is Assassin, No interrupt, NO ranged abilities, for the sake of dps i'm going to put NO aoe because fan-out doesn't count, cool we have stealth but that doesn't do much in raids (one can argue its a hassle b/c if you forget to stealth before the tank pulls the boss on some encounters you lose a big chunk of dps).

It just doesn't seem fair that every class other then rogues have literally everything in their top ST specs. At the VERY LEAST Bladedancer (similar to RB but way less dps/0 ranged abilities) should get a nice buff since it is all 100% melee. That is my argument, what do you all think?
    Deathheathen
    UNDECIDED **9/9 FT/EE - 4/4 GA - 3/3 IG - 5/5 PBB 2/4 BoB**
    "Undertow needs 500ap proc pls"

Quite wrong about warriors lol, Champ is the top AoE soul, it is behind RB and Paragon in ST and has no ranged ability. Paragon is top ST and has a pretty poor AoE finisher buff, but similar disconnect ability to Harbinger. Paragon is getting a really good passive AoE toggle on the PTS though, it may get adjusted.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-16-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Dam yeah paragon, thank god i put that warning in the beginning lol, but anyways i see sweeping blades in Para that looks like semi decent aoe on 5 targs but if there is any aoe they would just run RB anyways so i guess nothing really changes.
    Last edited by BittyMagnet; 10-16-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Deathheathen
    UNDECIDED **9/9 FT/EE - 4/4 GA - 3/3 IG - 5/5 PBB 2/4 BoB**
    "Undertow needs 500ap proc pls"

All classes cant be the same, if they were, there would be no reason to have 4 different classes. If you want good ST and AE as rogue go BD. Has nice ST, good AE, an interrupt, and a charge for disconnects. Also has Dauntless Strike, same thing as Lethal Poison from Assassin

I would prefer Sin to stay as it is in terms of no AoE/****ty ranged/pain in the *** to play, but get a slight buff to damage output.
    BD viability has likely been fixed from those PTS buffs, NB is in a good spot, MM and Ranger are fine, Bard's Power Chord still needs to be fixed, full Tact is still useless afaik but nobody cares, yeah.. I'd just put Sin's ST a little higher and wallah!.. (Wahlah? Wuhlah? Wullah?).....

Edit: Wait a second. It's French, **** them.
    Last edited by Fudily; 10-16-2013 at 10:31 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fudily View Post
    I'd just put Sin's ST a little higher and wallah!.. (Wahlah? Wuhlah? Wullah?).....

Edit: Wait a second. It's French, **** them.
    Really mature ...

It's Voilą, you ****.
    Last edited by Grimazor; 10-16-2013 at 10:34 PM.

Sorry, I needed a cigarette/nap.

And by slightly I mean 10-20%, but they'd also have to buff its PvE DPS with PvP balance in mind.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Plane Walker

Sorry, I needed a cigarette/nap.

And by slightly I mean 10-20%, but they'd also have to buff its PvE DPS with PvP balance in mind.
    Assassins do not need a damage buff at all, they just need QoL changes, and there's nothing slight about 10-20%. It's huge.

NB isn't in a good spot. Its melee DPS is behind top ranged specs and its AoE is nothing fanciful.

the only argument i could see for a damage buff for sins is if it was back positional only. a buff to the positional bonus of savage strike or fb, or maybe serpent strike, or a bonus to bleeds if they are applied from behind a target. any kind of "base" or "overall" damage increase would be too much.

i don't know a ton about pvp but i do understand sin is the only melee with a positional requirement, and if that is the case, they should excel in that position beyond what they do now, because as i understand it their ST dps is only up there with other melee souls if they are able to maintain their positional requirement.
    Last edited by ecru; 10-16-2013 at 11:10 PM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Scyd View Post
    Assassins do not need a damage buff at all, they just need QoL changes, and there's nothing slight about 10-20%. It's huge.
    Yeah, I was doing the math during my smoke. I based my conclusion off last week's Goloch parse and Sin's output on some of our T2 Raid bosses.
    What quality of life changes? AoE? Ranged DPS? We already have NB and BD for that.

NB isn't in a good spot. Its melee DPS is behind top ranged specs and its AoE is nothing fanciful.
    I'd have to disagree there. Its ST is a little ahead of BD and its AoE isn't too far behind, but it also has more freedom and comparable utility. Comparing it exclusively within the Rogue class, NB is in a good spot. Comparing it to other classes on the only T2 encounters I run NB on, it's still competitive.
    Last edited by Fudily; 10-16-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

xxs
    Plane Touched

NB is in a good spot
    You mean the recent changes slaughtered the aoe and the single target dmg in melee range has to be higher. It does have burst and below 30% is more acceptable, yet overall dps needs a lift.
    While it deals w/ disconnects markedly well, it suffers greatly on target switches unless having living flame on and being in melee range and wants to burn the cooldown in on that particular switch (doing so totally disables AoE as bonus)

Quote Originally Posted by xxs View Post
    You mean the recent changes slaughtered the aoe and the single target dmg in melee range has to be higher. It does have burst and below 30% is more acceptable, yet overall dps needs a lift.
    While it deals w/ disconnects markedly well, it suffers greatly on target switches unless having living flame on and being in melee range and wants to burn the cooldown in on that particular switch (doing so totally disables AoE as bonus)
    If NB were the best at everything, NB would be the only thing.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i don't know a ton about pvp
    meant to say pve, sorry
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

xxs
    Plane Touched

If NB were the best at everything, NB would be the only thing.
    Where do you see "everything", it deals greatly w/ disconnects but that's it - every ranged class does the same and they have comparable damage too.

For instance the odds to apply 3 stacks of ebony blades in 10 attempts are below 68%. If living flame is not on nightblade basically can't aoe or target switch properly.

Plane Touched

If NB were the best at everything, it would be called Harbringer or shaman.
    Fixed that for you..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast