Like Tree26Likes

Thread: BD disconnects.

Default BD disconnects.

Flash of Steel

3-25 Meter Range

24 Energy

Instant

Cooldown: 15 seconds

Charges at the enemy, dealing 188 to 208 damage. Roots for 2s. Removes all movement impairing effects from the Rogue. Quick Strike lowers cooldown by 7 seconds each use, Awards 2 Combo Points.

Requires 8 points in Bladedancer

Requires level 38

Discuss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

While quite decent for PVP, this is utterly useless for PVE. To deal with disconnects like the other classes and other rogue specs, we need something that allows us to do stuff when not in melee range. Not something that allows us to go back into melee range but still do nothing while out of it.
    Last edited by erct657; 10-16-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

Quote Originally Posted by erct657 View Post
    While quite decent for PVP, this is utterly useless for PVE. To deal with disconnects like the other classes and specs within rogue, we need something that allows us to do stuff when not in melee range. Not something that allows us to go back into melee range but still do nothing while out of it.
    Aren't warriors getting that ability mages have in their harb tree? maybe something like that for bladedancer.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Flash of Steel

3-25 Meter Range

24 Energy

Instant

Cooldown: 15 seconds

Charges at the enemy, dealing 188 to 208 damage. Roots for 2s. Removes all movement impairing effects from the Rogue. Quick Strike lowers cooldown by 7 seconds each use, Awards 2 Combo Points.

Requires 8 points in Bladedancer

Requires level 38

Discuss.
    Doesn't really help at all. The issue is dealing damage while a disconnect is in progress, not getting back into melee. It would be nice though if Flash of Steel counted as an attack that triggers follow-ups.

Aren't warriors getting that ability mages have in their harb tree? maybe something like that for bladedancer.
    They already have that in Paragon, Grasping the Horizon. Way up in the tree though. Riftblade doesn't need it. Warlord doesn't have anything and I don't believe Champion does either.
    Last edited by erct657; 10-16-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

The theme of BD being a pure melee soul with zero over time effects is its biggest drawback. I guess they would have to come up with an ability that fits the theme but allows it to do some kind of range damage while not in melee. oh well, I just wanna use BD in pvp lol.

Hold on, let me see if this helps when doing something like the tentacle run on Regulos. So I'll just hit Flash o - ohnoitsnothelpingatall!

I imagine a real help would have to be something like a melee-at-20-meter dance or a Twilight Force-like melee throw ability.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Hold on, let me see if this helps when doing something like the tentacle run on Regulos. So I'll just hit Flash o - ohnoitsnothelpingatall!

I imagine a real help would have to be something like a melee-at-20-meter dance or a Twilight Force-like melee throw ability.
    Agreed, but i'm only interested in pvp lol.

Side Steps

10 Energy

Instant

Cooldown: 30 seconds.

Increases Dodge by 20% for 7s. Melee abilities become available at ranged for 20s.

Requires Bladedancer

Side Steps

10 Energy

Instant

Increases Dodge by 20% for 7s. Melee abilities become available at ranged for 20s.

Requires Bladedancer
    You'd need to put it on something much higher in the tree, but for a pure BD build that would be an interesting tradeoff since it prevents using other dances which are most of your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    You'd need to put it on something much higher in the tree, but for a pure BD build that would be an interesting tradeoff since it prevents using other dances which are most of your DPS.
    I don't think you should still do 100% of your dps when disconnected, I expect there to be some loss, but not entirely. Its a workable solution.

The problem with attaching it to a dance is that its on a 1 1/2 min cd where as paragons and harbs is 15 sec on a 30 sec cd. The point of having an ability to compensate for disconnects is that its readily available when needed. 1 1/2 minutes is just to long to make it worth anything. It just wouldnt sync well. I would have to be a seperate ability that didnt override current dances. Similar to how sprint doesn't cancel the others out.

Ascendant

Side Steps

10 Energy

Instant

Requires Bladedancer
    Hm, It's been suggested before to give Bladedancers a dance for disconnects. But the problem is that this would also cancel out your current dance. Which, given the BD's nature, could often be a Very Bad Thing.

My idea (okay know I've mentioned this a couple times now, heh):

Remove Dauntless Strike - Add 5% crit debuff to Deadly Strike

(in Dauntless Strike's now vacant slot): Blade Flourish - The Rogue readies his weapons to strike. Each use builds one stack increasing the damage of the next melee attack by x% (though thinking around 50%). One stack is consumed per melee attack. Max of 5 stacks. No cooldown.

In essence you'd spam this when not in melee range to buff up to 5 melee attacks when you get back into melee range. Like Blade Hustle, but more potent and actively used.
    Last edited by Kedon; 10-16-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Hm, It's been suggested before to give Bladedancers a dance for disconnects. But the problem is that this would also cancel out your current dance. Which, given the BD's nature, could often be a Very Bad Thing.

My idea (okay know I've mention ed this a couple times now, heh).

Remove Dauntless Strike - Add 5% crit debuff to Deadly Strike

(in Dauntless Strike's now vacant slot): Blade Flourish - The Rogue readies his weapons to strike. Each use builds one stack increasing the damage of the next melee attack by x% (though thinking around 50%). One stack is consumed per melee attack. Max of 5 stacks. No cooldown.
    While slightly better than Blade Hustle it's still not a very engaging thing to do during disconnects IMO.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 10-16-2013 at 11:21 AM.

Thematically, a range increase on BD's current skills makes no sense imo.

I would rather they do something like this:

Dancing Steel: range increased, cooldown lowered to 15 seconds

Hundred Blades: reworked. cooldown 30 seconds

The rogue whips out an arsenal of knives and concentrates on his target. He gains 15 stacks of Knives and 4 new abilities:

(this isn't gonna be the most creative of names)

Flick: consumes a knife stack to deal damage about equal to Binary Strike. 1 CP 30m range

Throw: consumes a knife stack to deal damage about equal to Precision Strike. 2 CP 30m range

Ranged Finisher: consumes a knife stack to deal damage about equal to Double Strike. 30m range

Flourish: consumes all remaining knife stacks to deal X damage per stack. 30m range

These abilties should only count the main hand for wep dps
    This essentially gives us a 15 second per 30 second ranged cooldown
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 10-16-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast