+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gunzip

Thread: From the Rogue class Dev

Default From the Rogue class Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    Some small updates to Bladedancer on PTS:

Quick Reflexes: Now also increases the Attack Power and Weapon Damage contribution to your melee weapon attacks by 1-5%.

Improved Deadly Dance: Now increases the damage of your next 3 Combo Point generating attacks by 5-15% per Combo Point spent, up from 4-12%. This bonus applies only to melee weapon attacks.

Dancing Steel: Now hits up to 8 enemy targets.

Hundred Blades: Now hits up to 8 enemy targets.
    These are recent PTS updates from Ailion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Ascendant

Decent buffs. Lets make BD the new Sin with AoE.

Looks like I have reason to learn bladedancer now. What's a good guide? Muspel's is for soloing and the shadowlands one has disputes in the comments so I'm not inclined to trust it
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    Looks like I have reason to learn bladedancer now. What's a good guide? Muspel's is for soloing and the shadowlands one has disputes in the comments so I'm not inclined to trust it
    Gery might have a guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...n-2-0-1-a.html
    The only thing you really need to take away from it though is 61BD/12Sin/3NB and Muspel's Dualism rotation.. if you have a basic understanding of how BD works then the rest is common sense.
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Good news great post
    “Why should I not hate mine enemies―if I "love" them does that not place me at their mercy?”
    ― Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by WarUltima View Post
    Decent buffs. Lets make BD the new Sin with AoE.
    It is literally insane. These changes are doing wonders to ruin the game. For instance, PVP sucks after the buff to MM. This is just the surface.....
    Last edited by Sidvader; 10-15-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    It is literally insane. These changes are doing wonders to ruin the game. For instance, PVP sucks after the buff to MM. This is just the surface.....
    huh
    Kukri @Deepwood
    <-VIRUS->

I wish there was a way to record combat logs.
    Why can't sab have GTAE for its traps? This cast time is really lame, its 2014, make it so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    You know, except for the fact BD is currently ±10% behind top tier souls in ST dps, its aoe comes in 6 second channels which are only really potent in 2 of the 6 "dances" in the Bladedancer soul, it's CP scaling is pretty much a wash because of all the AP modifiers and the fact the only crit inherent in the soul comes from Blade and Soul Parity, and has absolutely nothing to deal with disconnects (Blade Hustle and lolfiery spike.) Other than that you are completely correct. BDOP PLZNURF.

RIFT Guide Writer

Gery might have a guide.
    I don't play BD enough to have the experience with it to write a guide that would be of high enough quality for me. Anyone can write the usual of linking a build and then stating the single target rotation and calling it a guide but no one would really benefit from yet another one of those. All the interesting and valuable information would be in things like how to transition best from aoe to single target and vice versa, how to optimally restart the rotation after a disconnect depending on how many combo points you have or how to optimize dance rotation depending on encounter.

I can't even tell you how often I've been tempted to write a Bladedancer guide, just so that I can name it "Bladedancing with the Stars", "So You Think You Can Bladedance", or "Bladedancer? I Hardly Even Knew 'Er!".

Then I remember that I'm lazy, and that's a lot of work for a bad pun.

Anyways, my Bladedancer soloing guide and this post cover pretty much everything you need to know for 61 Bladedancer. The rest of it is just experience-- you need to have a feel for the tempo of the spec and adapt your dance order for each fight. Using 61BD in experts is a good trial by fire (and is arguably even harder than using it in raids), because it forces you to think ahead so that you're able to have the right dances available for trash and bosses.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-15-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Love these changes. BD is already decent in t2 content and some t1. Even these mild changes will go a long way with increasing its viability a lot.

+ Reply to Thread