+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 61 Bladedancer rotation and dances used - help please

Shadowlander

Default 61 Bladedancer rotation and dances used - help please

Hey fellas, having some issues here. My BD rotation is either messed up or I'm just getting horrible RNG with my crits or so.

If I use BASP first instead of Fated Blades, my damage sucks. It's like 15-16k on the dummies in TB while if I started with Fated Blades first, I can get up to 20-21k. Now I understand the reasoning behind using BASP first so you can quickly get those Duelist Pose stacks up faster, but the issue is my damage is terrible when doing so. Ontop of that, even after using Fated Blades and then Dualism, my damage never seems to catch up to where it should be.

I've heard a few different people talk about openers but unsure which one to use:

Opener 1: Flash of Steel > Binary Strike > BASP > Double Strike

Opener 2: Flash of Steel > Binary Strike > Quick Strike > Binary Strike > Dauntless Strike > BASP

Which one should I use? Also please comment on my dance rotations below:

BASP: PS > BS > QS > BS > DS (finisher)

FB: PS > BS > QS > BS > DS (finisher)

Dualism: QS > BS > QS > DS (finisher) then BS > PS > BS > DS (finisher)

DC: PS > BS > QS > BS > DS (finisher)

I would appreciate any and all comments, critiques, and suggestions you guys have with this. Gery, Muspel, and all the rest of the people that know what they're talking about.

Thank you for the help guys.

RIFT Guide Writer

BD just isn't that high single target dps so I don't know what you expect as the dps you should be doing. The rotations look right except default rotation should be QS - BS - PS - BS - Finisher instead for slightly higher dps.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    BD just isn't that high single target dps so I don't know what you expect as the dps you should be doing. The rotations look right except default rotation should be QS - BS - PS - BS - Finisher instead for slightly higher dps.
    Default rotation for which dance though?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by joejccva71 View Post
    Default rotation for which dance though?
    All of them except Dualism.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    All of them except Dualism.
    Ahhhh ok so I'm just switching it from PS to QS to start with in the rotation. Cool.

What about the opener? Which is best?

Opener 2: Flash of Steel > Binary Strike > Quick Strike > Binary Strike > Dauntless Strike > BASP

RIFT Guide Writer

Ahhhh ok so I'm just switching it from PS to QS to start with in the rotation. Cool.

I haven't really looked into that since I very rarely use BD. If it's a serious fight then get some combo points before pull with sab or tactician, then use something like Blade Tempo prepull and follow up with Flash of Steel+Binary+dance+Double Strike. Opening rotation and dance can depend on the rest of the fight too and when you want to aoe. But you definitely want to have a dance up asap and at least before your first Quick Strike which has the 5 stacks of Blade Hustle, wasting those stacks without a dance would be a bad idea.

Neither. Use this:

Flash of Steel->Binary Strike->BaSP->Dauntless Strike->Quick Strike
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-15-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Neither. Use this:

Gotcha. Also I have another question about the off-soul specs. I know everyone says to use 12 sin 3 nb, but I have tested it over and over and 8 nb 7 sin does more damage. Although I've only tested it on tb dummies so this could be much different in a raid setting, like on grim brothers.

Your thoughts?

Use 12Sin/3NB. It does higher DPS in raid settings (although the difference is minor enough that you have to parse quite a bit to see it).

Also, unless you need to AoE in the next 30 seconds, you should use Dancing Steel or Hundred Blades at the last second of Fated Blades's duration, and let it channel for the full cast. The damage of channeled abilities is "locked in" based on the buffs you have active when you start them (even if the buff expires during the channel), so this allows you to squeeze about five extra seconds out of Fated Blades. You can also do the same thing with BaSP and Blade Tempo, although it's not worth doing so on single target-- well, not unless you've messed up the dance rotation very badly and don't have another dance ready.
    Last edited by Muspel; 10-15-2013 at 08:25 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Some small updates to Bladedancer on PTS:

Quick Reflexes: Now also increases the Attack Power and Weapon Damage contribution to your melee weapon attacks by 1-5%.

Improved Deadly Dance: Now increases the damage of your next 3 Combo Point generating attacks by 5-15% per Combo Point spent, up from 4-12%. This bonus applies only to melee weapon attacks.

Dancing Steel: Now hits up to 8 enemy targets.

Hundred Blades: Now hits up to 8 enemy targets.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post

Quick Reflexes: Now also increases the Attack Power and Weapon Damage contribution to your melee weapon attacks by 1-5%.

Improved Deadly Dance: Now increases the damage of your next 3 Combo Point generating attacks by 5-15% per Combo Point spent, up from 4-12%. This bonus applies only to melee weapon attacks.

Huh. Nice. Didn't expect that. Still a little something to help it with disconnects would have been great but that should be quite a notable boost to it's ST and I guess the bump up to 8 targets will make it's AoE stand out a little more.

Yay!

We still need something to help alleviate the disconnects. An idea could be a talent or a toggle far up in the tree that would make Dauntless Strike and Keen Strike have a 20m range but deal 20% less damage. That would cause Keen Strike to do around 70% of the damage of Binary Strike and Dauntless Stike to do about 70% of the damage of Double Strike, based on tool tip damage (in reality 23% less damage gives 70%, so if you wanted a nice whole number, 25% might work better if you don't want it to even do 70% of the damage). This is worse than the ratio of Twilight Force and Dusk Strike (around 83%) so NB would still be better on fights with disconnects, but BD would at least be able to do something when out of melee range. Mind you, these ratios are completely based on tool tips and not actual parses so take them with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by erct657; 10-15-2013 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Grammar Soup Person strikes again.
    Erct - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane.
    4/4 RoF, 5/5 MS, 2/3 TF, HK 10/11, 4/4 iGP HM, your MoM 4/9.

apsdfrgjanegjinrjiengajnregne

Telaran

Neither. Use this:

not even this one, blade tempo then what muspel says

I just wet myself, I'm drooling lol.
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast