+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gery
  • 1 Post By Mournival

Thread: 61 SIN, NB vs RNG offsoul

Soulwalker

Default 61 SIN, NB vs RNG offsoul

So I studied the guide posted by Orangu (sp?) on the guide forum, and I think I play his recommened PVE raid spec pretty well with no issues in rotation. I believe its 61sin, 9mm, 6rng.

However, I still see people talking about 61sin, 10mm, 5nb. If people are pulling more numbers than the above posted build, I would like to get your rotation details please. My parses have shown both these specs to be very close to each other, with the second just being more trouble and energy starved, unless I'm doing the rotation wrong for it.

Plane Touched

Read Lith's guide again. 9mm, 6rng is if you stacked Crit Power.

"This build is more orientated around those itemizing for Crit power that want a challenge for min/maxing."

10 mm / 5 NB:
    "This build is more orientated around those itemizing for Attack power ...(Recommended for those that are less geared)"

There's no set rotation. The spec relies on you knowing when to clip dots, when to use Threat of Death/Jagged, Serpent Strike, and less then 5 combo point Final Blows.

Don't macro Serpent Strike. He says

"-I recommend not macroing serpent strike so that you can use it when it’s reactive timer is up (8 second cd instead of 20)"
    Last edited by Juxtaposed; 10-08-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Plane Touched

*Thread of Death ... not Threat of Death. Damn it edit timer.

Soulwalker

Nothing of what you just said, had anything to do with what I asked. I use his because I am stacked for crit power. I'm looking for info on how, if possible, the nightblade version can do more dps in a raid.. attack power or not.

I know how to manage serpent strike and thread just fine. I do appreciate the reply.

RIFT Guide Writer

Just forget the 9 MM, 6 ranger subsoul selection, it's never been optimal for any gear. If you have stacked only CP and have really low AP then you can try 10 ranger, 5 NB but otherwise just stick to 10 MM, 5 NB.

Soulwalker

When using NB as a sub-soul, where does fiery spike fit in to the rotation? When I was testing it out, I replaced a savage strike with it in each rotation before a finisher, just wondering if there was something different going on for it.

You don't fiery spike at all. And I'm pretty sure all of the guides have never been updated since the Predatory Instincts change. since it's a percent ap now, 6 ranger is worse no matter your gear
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 10-08-2013 at 08:04 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Soulwalker

Thank you for that information, thats exactly what I was looking for. Leaving fiery spike out of the rotation added about 50k damage over a 2 minute parse.

Soulwalker

I have around 950 CP( another 100 if greater proc), and im currently running 6 ranger/9mm variant. Do you think its a dps increase if i go 10 ranger 5 NB? I saw on the original guilde that Orangu took Burning Rage on NB tree, but since im CP heavy, isnt Blazing Fury better? On the ranger tree, i shouldnt take Predatory Instincts if i go 10 ranger 5 NB, right?

Soulwalker

Well, after posting what I did above. I did more with Nightblade on the dummy, but, less next time I fought Crucia.. I had to go back to the Ranger off-soul (6 pts) to get my 5% crit back, since I'm crit power stacked. I noticed I was back to normal dps in last nights raid. I'm guessing its like they said, if you're more attack power stacked, use the nightblade one.

+ Reply to Thread